Customizable mission sounds

• My suggestion to improve the game is customizable sounds, for example, you can customize the alarm when a new mission appears, and when there is a transport request or the mission upgrades. This could also be incorporated into audio or sound packs, which you could apply similiar to how graphics packs work. Just food for thought, sometimes it gets annoying hearing the doorbell when I have a transport request ^^

• I agree 100%, I hate that bloody doorbell. And if I play with the volume on when my partner's home once more, I'll be newly single xD

I remember seeing a bunch of threads around this before, but it doesn't seem to be a priority. I know there is a bit of groundwork to be done, but I think one of the biggest issues is the potential server size for audio files (generally a little bigger than pictures). Hopefully though the negligible size addition is enough to be considered

I play in SoCal, North East Avalon in Newfoundland, and lately been trying out Toronto, because, why not?

I also make graphics for all my stations and areas. Interested? Hit me up, I might be able to help you out

• Heyo, I support this 100% and have always thought about this when playing the game.

I quite like having some form of sound within this game, for notifications, calls, etc. It does add an interesting element to the game, however some audio choices have not been the best, such as the doorbell lol. I mean, each to their own, but this would allow people to customise their game to their specific liking without interfering with others or the game play and therefore I think this idea would fit well.

I think this could work well within a similar format as to the vehicle skin and mission skin pack system, however I do not feel a public system is necessary, and a personal audio editor option to change the sounds could work well all the same. I won't object to either option :3

I think within this option might allow the files we select and add to the game to be accustomed to our desired volume, as I have always found the sounds in this game way to allowed which sometimes bothers people nearby. It would be nice if there was a volume system in game, however to counter this, just editing the audio files volume and adding it in would be excellent as well.

Pommy C:

• The problem with sounds has always been copyright issues as far as I’m aware. That’s the reason custom sounds were not implemented. I’ll put it on my list to bring up though when the time is right.

• Heyo TACR,
    you make a fair and valid point. Thanks for the consideration and response.
    I assume what you're saying is, even if we implement custom sounds at our own liking, even if whatever we add, we can only hear, and therefore is still a copyright issue? I would've thought it wouldn't be an issue, particularly if it was for personal use and it wasn't the game distributing the sounds? If that makes sense..

Thanks,
    Pommy

• I know copyright law is very tangly. Even with "private" graphics packs, you can still look em up through guess and check, changing the numbers of the pack. If the sounds are stored in a similar way, this can result in the sounds being publicly distributed, even without marking them as such. While that may not seem like a lot, when members put sounds in that are supposed to never be shared or hosted elsewhere, it can create problems.

Copyright, while good intentioned, can create a nest of issues. While I didn't think of copyright for the reason to not employ customizable sounds, I think I get why Seb was hesitant.

I play in SoCal, North East Avalon in Newfoundland, and lately been trying out Toronto, because, why not?

I also make graphics for all my stations and areas. Interested? Hit me up, I might be able to help you out

• The simplest way around this whole issue the way I see it is if the only way to put a sounds on there would be for there not to be packs that could be distributed but to make your own custom sounds only available to the account they were made on, and have it to where you can assign the sound to either each individual mission or assign it to each of the general types of mission.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!