BLS training

• All vehicles can currently handle medicals to a point so BLS would not make much sense to have. ALS however we would like to see as a training for fire and maybe police units in the future.

• Most if not all paid fire departments have their members get their basic EMT and volunteer departments that assist with first response medical vehicles have paid positions for some members to get their EMT and not sit at the station all day without getting paid to wait and help for medical emergencies, even if it's not much pay they still get paid to sit around all day and be ready if there's a medical call and they can get there before an ambulance

• I've said this before in another thread but the police and fire vehicles already get patients and treat them a little bit, giving them training in ALS is pointless really because it's only going to achieve the same thing, you still need an ambulance anyway.

Are you suggesting that with ALS training they could be used as like a flycar so BLS ambulance and an ALS fire engine could go and to a C, D or E call and the BLS ambo could transport?

• I've said this before in another thread but the police and fire vehicles already get patients and treat them a little bit, giving them training in ALS is pointless really because it's only going to achieve the same thing, you still need an ambulance anyway.

Are you suggesting that with ALS training they could be used as like a flycar so BLS ambulance and an ALS fire engine could go and to a C, D or E call and the BLS ambo could transport?

I've said this before in another thread but the police and fire vehicles already get patients and treat them a little bit, giving them training in ALS is pointless really because it's only going to achieve the same thing, you still need an ambulance anyway.

If ALS training for police and fire it would allow those vehicle to act as a flycar and perform ALS assists like they do in Los Angeles etc

• In my opinion, I'd like to see fire personnel have the training option for BLS training. I would think having fire personnel trained, since they are first responders and quicker than ambulance most times. At least minimum BLS, in my opinion, having fire trained at ALS level would be pointless since most fire is not that highly trained in real life. Or am I wrong on this?

• In my opinion, I'd like to see fire personnel have the training option for BLS training. I would think having fire personnel trained, since they are first responders and quicker than ambulance most times. At least minimum BLS, in my opinion, having fire trained at ALS level would be pointless since most fire is not that highly trained in real life. Or am I wrong on this?

Fire units can already do this though

• They can't. They can treat 10% but no more which is completely different to the proposal.

That's what I meant to say. My bad lol

• ALS training for fire units would be helpful and add to the overall play of the game, especially if the fire unit "follows up" with say a BLS unit like the fly cars currently do. Training police units to a paramedic(ALS) standpoint doesn't seem as necessary. Most areas of the US if not the world do not train their law enforcement agencies to this level. If any actual medical qualification, it would be EMT(BLS), with the exception of specialty units or agencies. (state parks, police helicopters with paramedic capability, tactical medics/SWAT medics, etc.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!