Game has been sold

• Reinforcement arrived

Dear Community,
    after many years of developing alone, the reinforcements have finally arrived. The XYRALITY GmbH has acquired the SHPlay GmbH and is strengthening the team of Mission Chief.
    Sebastian is going to withdraw from the technical development, but a whole team is going to work hard to be a worthy replacement! Moreover, Sebastian will be supporting and consulting the team in the future.

Our goal is to make Mission Chief accessible for more people. Thus, we are working on translations and on internationalisation to make the game available for more countries.
    The next step will be a version for the UK that will be released next week.

Furthermore, we are going to increase our iOS and Android app development to be able to release updates more regularly.

What is going to change for you? Not much! As Sebastian is going to continue to consult us in the future, the general direction of the game is not going to change!
    We want to continue to update on Fridays with new missions and release updates with improvements regularly. There are already a number of new features planned! What it is going to be? Keep playing to find out.

We would be happy if you continue to support us with your feedback. Let us know your improvement suggestions and of course report any (hopefully extremely rare) bugs!

We are looking forward to continuously grow with you and the Mission Chief game. To celebrate this occasion properly, we want to give you a little gift:
    Every player receives 10 Coins!
    To claim your gift, just click on the mission list on the respective mission entry!

We wish you a fantastic weekend and hope you continue to have fun with Mission Chief!

Your Mission Chief team

• So... I'm confused... Will this game continue as it is? And will this version the the one that will continue to be updated? Or will the UK version be the only one that gets updated? If we wanted to play the UK version, do we need to restart everything? Still confused on if someone bought it or not.
    Thanks!

• So... I'm confused... Will this game continue as it is? And will this version the the one that will continue to be updated? Or will the UK version be the only one that gets updated? If we wanted to play the UK version, do we need to restart everything? Still confused on if someone bought it or not.
    Thanks!

I’d love to tell you more but the truth is I first heard about this today and I know hardly anything about it. MC will continue for the US market with a new UK version. Sebastian’s company has been acquired by another company.

• If you have to restart for the UK version, I ain't playing it lol :P

I have asked to see if they would consider allowing players to refund the coins that they have bought on MC onto a new UK account but I don’t know what will happen. All the development appears to be going in house so I don’t have a clue really any more.

• I have asked to see if they would consider allowing players to refund the coins that they have bought on MC onto a new UK account but I don’t know what will happen. All the development appears to be going in house so I don’t have a clue really any more.

Not just the coins. That's 2yrs we have been at it. That's a lot of time to just throw away.

Not mentioning how could we shape alliances to this situation.

• Same questions hounting me as well.
    I'd like a UK spec version, but defenitely don't want to start from zero...
    And i hope the game won't be made as a win-to-pay one.

If you have to restart for the UK version, I ain't playing it lol :P

I have asked to see if they would consider allowing players to refund the coins that they have bought on MC onto a new UK account but I don’t know what will happen. All the development appears to be going in house so I don’t have a clue really any more.

That is my concern as well. I hope this will not turn into where you have to pay to play.

So does that mean more units and features will come out?

• If you have to restart for the UK version, I ain't playing it lol :P

That is my concern as well. I hope this will not turn into where you have to pay to play.
    So does that mean more units and features will come out?

I really don’t know what’s happening sorry. I now know not much more than you guys

• Is that how things will be from this time onward? Or once things settle down, are you assuming they will catch you up to speed? :)

I’m not sure. I think all new missions and updates are going to be done in house at the new company and there is going to be a suggestion box or something on the game. Honestly I’m not sure what role us mods will have from now on other than moderating the forums

• And what might be the benefits of a UK version? Maybe developing this version, instead of plenty others would be a better idea.
    And gamer population? As an alliance the bigger would be better, and i'm afraid UK version would have fewer players.

Plenty of questions, and publicate this new info, without details wasn't a very good step i'm afraid.

• The concept of a UK game is a good one, but this transition needs to be smoother. People like me who have invested in coins to aid large setups definitely need some form of refund or transfer.

I would personally suggest creating a refund of all stations bought and for that to be transferred onto the new UK game as currency. If not, I doubt many people will play - many of us have spent currency on this game.

• The concept of a UK game is a good one, but this transition needs to be smoother. People like me who have invested in coins to aid large setups definitely need some form of refund or transfer.

I would personally suggest creating a refund of all stations bought and for that to be transferred onto the new UK game as currency. If not, I doubt many people will play - many of us have spent currency on this game.

agreed its not just about the money ive spent in game. it s the time and effort put in to shaping my set up. if they bring a UK version out i wont play unless i can move over all units and stations. like alot of players the UK version atm will only benefit new players not past or current.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!