• I'm not in love with the way the staging area works. I think that we should be able to delete our staging area when we no longer need it and have the ability to build a new one. For example, I created a staging area for one engine to move to a nearby station pending the completion of a mission. Now, I have returned my engine to its original station but the staging area now sits useless for 23 hours and 50 minutes unless that exact same circumstance occurs again in the next day. Can we please change this? I understand the potential for abuse but the staging area is basically useless if we can only use it once a day. I also think we should get mor Ethan one. Maybe 3, 5, or more? Speaking from experience, when a major incident occurs in the STL Metro Area there are multiple move-ups that occur. I already messaged Gavin about this, but I wanted some feedback from everyone.

• I've asked Sebastian what his intentions are surrounding the staging area and wherever or not being able to delete them is something that is possible in the future. I can see where you are coming from.

While I understand your desire to move the vehicle from one station to another temporarily, and it's something that has been requested before, the purpose of it is mainly to support larger scale events.

For example, in my alliance today we had a storm covering a 'big' area that lasted 3 hours. To assist, three other areas in my alliance moved about 5-10 units each to three individual staging areas in advance of the storm starting, so they were in the area ready to take the large call demand that followed. This was beneficial as they would have had a 1-2 hours journey time if sent when the calls come in. This is the primary use of the staging area rather than to cater for individual or small number of units across a small area. Either way I will try and get an answer for you :)

• I'm not in love with the way the staging area works. I think that we should be able to delete our staging area when we no longer need it and have the ability to build a new one. For example, I created a staging area for one engine to move to a nearby station pending the completion of a mission. Now, I have returned my engine to its original station but the staging area now sits useless for 23 hours and 50 minutes unless that exact same circumstance occurs again in the next day. Can we please change this? I understand the potential for abuse but the staging area is basically useless if we can only use it once a day. I also think we should get mor Ethan one. Maybe 3, 5, or more? Speaking from experience, when a major incident occurs in the STL Metro Area there are multiple move-ups that occur. I already messaged Gavin about this, but I wanted some feedback from everyone.

I agree with building multiple areas. I also know we need to be able to cancel these and build new ones at will. I do not see how this can really be abused. A staging area is a staple of fire deployment & dispatch. I could see making it good for 24 hours max if that is even necessary.

• The best answer I can give you from the information I have got from Sebastian is that the Staging Areas are relatively new (not just to MC but also the other versions of the game too). Sebastian wants to monitor how they are used before implementing any further changes and doesn't want to rush into anything.

Thus on a positive note I'm not saying what you have requested is being ignored or declined, it's just not something being considered right this moment. Of course, once Sebastian is happy with how Staging Areas are being used further changes can be considered. If I see anything relevant in any updates I'll update this thread to keep you in the loop.

• i know this might take some time in getting a response but i think it would be better for the units that we send to the staging area instead of being shown as code 1, i think it would better to have them listed as code 6 until they get to the staging area and then become code 1 or code 2. the reason for this is as it stands now we send unit to the staging area and if they are close to a call it will send them to that call delaying when they get to the staging area, and assigned to the call you wanted them to go to.

• i know this might take some time in getting a response but i think it would be better for the units that we send to the staging area instead of being shown as code 1, i think it would better to have them listed as code 6 until they get to the staging area and then become code 1 or code 2. the reason for this is as it stands now we send unit to the staging area and if they are close to a call it will send them to that call delaying when they get to the staging area, and assigned to the call you wanted them to go to.

I like it. It's real world to me. We dispatched by the closest unit at the FD I work for. When you're enroute to cover in at a station. You're still inservice and can receive calls if you're the closest unit. I like it.

• The issue isn't that Sebestian doesn't like the ideas, it's the fact he needs to spend time working in the right places within his company.

A few days ago I found out that MissionChief, in a 24 hour period, had about 285 players. That's a daily average. The German version has 11,000 daily approx.The Dutch version was about 450. The Dutch version is almost identical to the German version but MissionChief is far different in terms of its content; that was the intention because firefighting in the US is very different.

We've give Sebastian some updates and he's done them but they've not often yielded any change in player numbers. Slowly the games seen an increase over the last few months (was only 100 in a 24 hour period in about April).

The updates will come but the German game is 34x as popular. From a business perspective, working on MC more (which is what you're suggesting) would make the other product suffer.

So I won't be bringing Sebastian around to the real world as he's running a business in the most logical way. Do you want me to tell him to let his popular German version sit on the back burner while he works on a game he makes a financial loss on? If so I would question who needs bringing back to the real world ;)

• No one ever said let his business

So I won't be bringing Sebastian around to the real world as he's running a business in the most logical way. Do you want me to tell him to let his popular German version sit on the back burner while he works on a game he makes a financial loss on? If so I would question who needs bringing back to the real world ;)

No one on this forum ever said to let his business sit on the backburner. Believe me I know what his goals are regarding making a profit and coins..... Do not think people who play this game have never done any computer programming. It should not be a hard fix to change the time from 24 hour to say 1 hour etc.

At times it has seemed like nothing we ever requested was even being considered. The staging area has been a staple of firefighting operations for the last 20 years. Setting up a staging area for 24 hours is a worthless fix. The real world comment you take offense to, was a joke complimenting you guys about bringing his up to speed on US firefighting as a whole.

The problem I see in these forums as I have stated before is that Moderators seem to take every complaint as a personal slight against them. We as users want the game to do well as much as you do. This is an awesome game that can only get better and better with time.

With fixes like this and requests like ours there is going to be growing pain, in the end it will only help to make it much better.

• There are plenty of suggestions that can make this game better, I agree. However what's realistically possible and can be done in the Sebastian puts aside for this game is limited.

We can only collate these and try and get an answer as to whether or not they are possible.

The staging area is something that has been requested in the past and implemented. It's new. We have explained before Sebastian is monitoring how it goes before making further changes. It was designed based on the suggestions within the German community and built for them. With any feature made for them Sebestian presents it to us and we decide if it's suitable for the US community. We could have said no to the staging area as it wasn't precisely as requested but personally I find it does the job well for the most part.

We don't take it personal, we are just slightly frustrated that we see the same complaints again and again that's already been answered. I figured if I provided some numbers it would show how small MC is compared to its sister game. Ultimately I would love to see many of the features requested put in game but as with everyone else we can only patiently wait :)

• Ok. I get that Sebastian is taking his time and observing. I just don't see what could POSSIBLY be the harm in adding a delete button on the staging areas. Sure, I'll let him decide whether to allow more than one or not, but right now I've got a Battalion Chief responding for TWENTY MINUTES to a rollover MVA because I've got a major call on the extreme edge of my covered area. Meanwhile, I have a staging area on the other side of my territory that will sit vacant for fourteen freaking hours. This is almost a joke.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!