Pump Rescue Tenders (PRT's)

• Given that your profile photo is by a UK appliance, mind me asking what service? Our (East Sussex) P1 (ENHANCED RESCUE PUMPS) pumps have cutting gear (rescue equipment) and a pump onboard.

NF14 - Content Adviser Team (UK)
    Ex Emergency Operations Centre Staff
    Current Operational Ambulance Staff

• Rescue engines would definitely be a step in the right direction. A lot of departments use them in the U.S. even if they don't refer to them as rescue engines. Some departments around here just keep them as engines on the CAD

• Copy-paste from older answer:
    "Rescue engines are primary vehicles here in Finland too. Most of first responded engines has water tank and pump, 4-6 scba's, hydraulic rescue tools, gas/oil leak/chemical equipments, BLS-stuffs (defibrillator, some medicines etc.), lots of hand rescue tools and water supply tools + hoses. I almost forgot surface water rescue tools and ladders. Some second alarm volunteers hasn't got hydraulic rescue tools, BLS/first responder equipments."

>> So if somewhere engine has only engine stuff, let it be. Heavy rescue has such things. But rescue engines = pump rescue tenders got little of stuff, what you need almost all alarms. Special equipments comes with containertruck or another unit.

• Okay, I imagine it'll be implemented similar to the Quint vehicle. What Sebastian wants to be careful of is to not make the game too easy. A dual functioning vehicle does that, but like the Quint could be balanced in some way.

• The dept I belong to operates 2 Rescue Pumpers. The Heavy Rescue has been gone for a few years now, and 2 other depts have done the same with their Heavy Rescues, replaced them with Rescue Pumpers which in our rural area free up a Pumper Tanker to haul water. They take up less room at a scene too, 1 truck is smaller than 2.

• Just wondering if there's anything new regarding this? Currently attempting to run a whole County with only three Heavy Rescue Units all at the same Station as there are in reality. Instead they have loads of Rescue Pumps spread out, which I have had to make Type 1's leaving me with poor cover.

Not expecting anything soon as I know other things are being worked on but just wanted to know if the idea has been 'officially' accepted?

• Officially accepted? To be honest, no. At least not by the developer.

Simply being that Sebastian will work on one thing (as he works on his own) then when ready and he's finished a particular feature we'll discuss what we think is best next. But it's only at that point we can really comment on it being 'officially accepted' I suppose.

He's currently working on two things, one which was announced recently on Facebook and another that's not officially announced yet. After those are complete I will see where we stand with this, in seeing if we can have a pump and rescue unit combined similar setup to the Quint.

• Officially accepted? To be honest, no. At least not by the developer.

Simply being that Sebastian will work on one thing (as he works on his own) then when ready and he's finished a particular feature we'll discuss what we think is best next. But it's only at that point we can really comment on it being 'officially accepted' I suppose.

He's currently working on two things, one which was announced recently on Facebook and another that's not officially announced yet. After those are complete I will see where we stand with this, in seeing if we can have a pump and rescue unit combined similar setup to the Quint.

Thanks Jason, look forward to hearing about the other feature.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!