Heavy Rescues

• Is it possible that the developers will add an update to the heavy rescue where its a heavy rescue+mobile air like heavy rescue+boat as in real life many heavy rescue have a cascade/mobile air unit. I also know that the developers and this game isn't suppose to resemble real life but it would be a nice feature

• We hesitate to implement too many combination units into the game as it can sometimes defeat the purpose. For example, the engine at the station I work for in real life Has firefighting capabilities, rescue tools, and an air cascade, yet in this game that would fulfill the requirements of 3 vehicles.

• I understand the hesitation, but at the same time most of us (even those of us that have been FF/EMT's our entire lives) are surprised that a 'mobile air' type vehicle is even really a thing in a game such as this. Outside of major metropolitan areas, very very few departments have dedicated air trucks. Not a single one existed in my county nor the surrounding four counties back in NY. Filling SCBA bottles from the on-board cascade system is one of the primary jobs -of- a heavy rescue. Having a separate mobile air truck just seems to be a "waste" of credits/coins, but that's just my $0.02

Ric

• I understand the hesitation, but at the same time most of us (even those of us that have been FF/EMT's our entire lives) are surprised that a 'mobile air' type vehicle is even really a thing in a game such as this. Outside of major metropolitan areas, very very few departments have dedicated air trucks. Not a single one existed in my county nor the surrounding four counties back in NY. Filling SCBA bottles from the on-board cascade system is one of the primary jobs -of- a heavy rescue. Having a separate mobile air truck just seems to be a "waste" of credits/coins, but that's just my $0.02

Ric

Exactly. The neighboring fire company of me has a cascade trailer along with the air base but most companies near me including a major city use heavy rescues as a cascade system

• Is it possible that the developers will add an update to the heavy rescue where its a heavy rescue+mobile air like heavy rescue+boat as in real life many heavy rescue have a cascade/mobile air unit. I also know that the developers and this game isn't suppose to resemble real life but it would be a nice feature

This would be nice. Would love to see a special ops heavy as well that can act as both a heavy and hazmat unit. Hard to find dedicated single unit responsibilities outside of larger metropolitan areas.

• Only problem is having too many combination units making it easy in the game. Maybe if these units were only available to the rank of Captain and higher or better yet more advanced combination units to be available at Battalion Chief.

Makes the player want to work for it to get them or have them spend money to get coins to get them. I did that before making Captain. Bought my first Rescue Engines & Quints with coins.

But having a Heavy Rescue/Hazmat Combo or Heavy Rescue/Cascade Combo seems legit. Why not have Triple Combination Units of Heavy Rescue/Hazmat/Cascade and this unit would cost like 30K-40K due to the advanced services it provides?

I think Triple Combination Units would definitely make this game interesting but would have to be more expensive

-Hazmat Cascade Heavy Rescue
    -Hazmat Rescue Engine
    -Rescue Quint

While we're at it I'll bring up Trailers again. Hazmat Trailer & Cascade Trailer.

@TACRfan

• I like the cascade trailer because at first I was looking for that but I think triple combination units would be a bit much but the price or rank makes sense. Maybe even a Technical Rescue team as well for climbing incidents or similar incidents/accidents.

• I wonder if I am missing something with the heavy rescue, can't it respond to a medical emergency and provide care till an ambulance can be sent for transport, it seems to me it's not able to. And iv yet to see in real any heavy rescue doesn't have medical equipment

This is what the EMS Rescue is designed to do, not Heavy Rescue. EMS Rescue is treated as an ALS vehicle but can't transport.

• Ok, I don't remember seeing it, is it a fd vech. Or somewhere else?

Should be under EMS Vehicles.

• Ty. But based on cost and use, I doubt I'd buy one, but still, i do think the heavy rescue should at least be allowed bls capability, especially if they are required for some missions that would involve a patient

Ty. But based on cost and use, I doubt I'd buy one, but still, i do think the heavy rescue should at least be allowed bls capability, especially if they are required for some missions that would involve a patient

All fire apparatus can treat 10% of a patient from what I understand/heard

• Ty. But based on cost and use, I doubt I'd buy one, but still, i do think the heavy rescue should at least be allowed bls capability, especially if they are required for some missions that would involve a patient

Ty. But based on cost and use, I doubt I'd buy one, but still, i do think the heavy rescue should at least be allowed bls capability, especially if they are required for some missions that would involve a patient

Well I guess that's a start

• This is what the EMS Rescue is designed to do, not Heavy Rescue. EMS Rescue is treated as an ALS vehicle but can't transport.

heavy rescues in many high population areas do have light medical supplies, it's not uncommon at all in big town and city areas for a rescue from a fire department to respond to a medical call if a ladder or engine isn't closer to the call. The EMS rescue is kinda more like a major support unit, for example in a building collapse it would carry some of the same rescue equipment as a rescue from a fire department but also more advanced care equipment than an ambulance or fly car.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!