Alliance Recruiting

• Perhaps it is worth considering some changes - no members visible when not in the alliance, all members visible when in it.

If someone outside of the alliance wishes to contact someone in charge, then there can be a 'contact alliance admin' button for example. That message then gets sent to admin/founder, and only if and when they reply is when the outside person sees who it is :thumbup:

In the end, some change in coding would be required... However, I think it is worth it if it stops people from trying to recruit existing alliance members. It would also save moderator time by eliminating their need to investigate such incidents.

• This seems to be becoming more of a problem now than ever before. I am trying to get the rules of the game changed so that it becomes against them to recruit from other alliances. I am also seeing about the possibility’s of getting the members list hidden to those outside of the alliance as it isn’t important they see it anyway.

• This seems to be becoming more of a problem now than ever before. I am trying to get the rules of the game changed so that it becomes against them to recruit from other alliances. I am also seeing about the possibility’s of getting the members list hidden to those outside of the alliance as it isn’t important they see it anyway.

The alliance Admin only should be shown no one else ?(

• Apparently this practice of alliance members messaging other alliance members is fine by the development team.
    None of my members have done it but there is one particular alliance on the AU version of the game that do it a LOT and myself and another admin from another alliance have been calling them out on it so they wrote to the game developers for clarification and got this reply...

Xyrality Support
    December 10, 2019, 01:13 +1100
    Hey ***, thanks for messaging us. We'd like to apologize the long waiting time but we have a lot to do at the moment.
    We would like to point out that actively recruiting members from other alliances is perfectly fine so long as there is no malicious intent like insults, harassment, bullying, blackmailing and/or impersonating other alliances or players.
    If you get harassed, blackmailed, insulted or whatever just contact us and tell us the according player/alliance names and dates and times of the incidents. If such things happens in the forum you can contact the forum staff ( https://board.missionchief.com/index.php/Team/ ).
    For the incidents in the game you should contact us and we will look into the incident and take appropriate actions in accordance with our policies. As stated there are no rules for legitimate recruitment methods.
    I hope this clarifies the situation regarding issues that have been raised by your alliance with myself in a way which I hope can be more adult in the future. I hopefully look forward to us all enjoying the game and leaving the matter at rest. I wish you and your alliance a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

• This would be an Idea, is having an option for the player to have his Username visible to people outside the alliance when inside of it. This would allow people to decide for themselves. Wonder if the development team would agree in putting that into the system.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!