Alliance Poaching/Abuse

• Good evening everyone,

Lately we have been noticing an uptick in posts and messages about two unfortunate things.

The first is alliance poaching. Alliance poaching is essentially stealing members from other alliances by maliciously attempting to recreate an alliance through copying rules, graphics, pictures, etc. Though ridiculous, unprofessional, rude, and pathetic, there is not a lot that we can do as moderators about it. We would also like to point out that actively recruiting members from other alliances is perfectly fine so long as there is no malicious intent. Alliances are designed to be a competition!

Second is abuse among alliances. This can come across as abuse by alliance administrators through verbal insults, harassment, blackmail, or threatening. Unfortunately since we are only forum moderators we can't help much. Because of this we encourage you to avoid posting on the forum, but rather privately messaging a moderator with screenshots/evidence of your issue. Publicly posting does nothing to solve the issue, but a private message allows us to pass it on to the developers.

Ultimately, we want to foster a positive community on MissionChief. We are not trying to hide the issue by asking you not to post about it, but rather to not start the back-and-forth arguments that descend into two alliances openly slandering each other. Please help us encourage this positivity! Thank you for all your many suggestions and for bearing with us as we transition to the new development team.

Sincerely,
    Letsgohope12 and the Moderation Team

• I am being absolutely heckled harassed about asking beginners and amateurs on alliances to join me ... even my other admins sort this out

• I am being absolutely heckled harassed about asking beginners and amateurs on alliances to join me ... even my other admins sort this out

Could you further explain please?

Thanks,

Rescue

• so I am messaging alot of people from different groups only the once over and members are fine with it some decide to go to their admin I've been having the word " poaching" thrown at me so much and to be honest outside the game I feel attacked to be honest. I keep getting Caolan and JaxkDev threatening me with some section 9 harassment . What hes referring to is me messaging people asking to join no doubt . I've said posted quoted what your current thread is about aswell .

Any recruitment anywhere on anything is fine .. as long as it's not malicious I'm not exactly going to gain lots of people.

They all have worked hard getting thousands of members yet us new or fairly new alliances dont get looked at because everyone is biased and go for the top pages. It's fair we are allowed to create our own alliances and recruit amateur and beginners. As fair as it was for them getting therss set up first .

• All very well saying its allowed but where someone is going into an alliance and messaging players directly and stating that their current alliance is so bad because of x,y or z. They should join them because they are so experienced.

It isn't acceptable.

All alliances should be allowed to advertise on these forums and on the in game forum list that's it. Other than that there should be no direct recruitment by alliances.

Personally think that only members of your own alliance should be able to DM each other to prevent any direct recruitment.

• My alliance doesn't do it but we have had these messages sent to our members on numerous occasions. In the past when clarification has been sought the developers have made it clear that is perfectly fine as long as there is no harassment involved obviously.
    The screen shot shared above clearly shows harassment and is way out of line but it's likely that the first recruitment message that was sent wasn't harassing and perfectly fine by the rules.

See this other similar thread for more info: https://board.missionchief.com/index.php/Thread/4740-Alliance-Recruiting/

• lol exactly show this to the ridiculous people who think it's an outrage to recruit. God what do people think happens in real life emergency services to many big headed ridiculous people like dev in the world.

Lmao. You're not the one leading the alliances.

• Who and what rules are being broken?

• need to message you in regards to a member breaking the rules

What, unlike yourself who has literally harassed and been abusive to others.

Did someone finally tell you to go away, don't like getting what you dish out returned then best to shut up and play your own game and worry about that instead of bugging other people directly to help you with your alliance.

Great big fact for you we all have had to learn the game so why not do that.

• Okay guys, Please settle this peacefully before things start getting out of hand and warnings start going out. I'm gonna look into this and see what's what.

Let me state that Alliance poaching is against TOS. Harassment is any form is also against TOS!

• Okay guys, Please settle this peacefully before things start getting out of hand and warnings start going out. I'm gonna look into this and see what's what.

Let me state that Alliance poaching is against TOS. Harassment is any form is also against TOS!

So why hasn't action been taken against him for directly messaging members of other alliances and harassing players in to joining his alliance.

It is clear breach of the TOS.

He now is crying wolf because people have had enough and telling him to stop.

• Let me state that Alliance poaching is against TOS.

No it's not.

Harassment is any form is also against TOS!

That definitely is and that's what the issue is here.

need to message you in regards to a member breaking the rules

After seeing the screenshots I suggest you give it a rest and quit while you're ahead. You have nothing to complain about.

• So why hasn't action been taken against him for directly messaging members of other alliances and harassing players in to joining his alliance.

e Okay guys, Please settle this peacefully before things start getting out of hand and warnings start going out. I'm gonna look into this and see what's what.

So why hasn't action been taken against him for directly messaging members of other alliances and harassing players in to joining his alliance.

If the messaging has happened on the forum then we can deal with it, if it happens in the game then it is up to the devs to deal with but it currently is not against the rules. We are looking into changing the rules of the game to prohibit this and also hide the members lists of alliances from those who aren’t in the alliance, however, currently it is not against the rules.

My advice is if you are feeling like you are being harassed by any member on the game, message the devs via the support channels or message a mod on here with the evidence of the offence.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!