Dispatching Ambulances

• Just wondering how you guys dispatch ambulances to large calls?
    Up until now I have just set two thirds of the number of possible patients as the number of ambulances on the ARR for a call. For example, the Fire in Hospital mission can have a max of 25 patients so I have set my ARR for that mission to 17 ambulances. I know the mission will likely generate for less than 25 patients and they won't all require transport so 1 ambulance could treat multiple patients.

This often seems like a waste at times though because sometimes before dispatching a call I'll see only 5 patient names at the top for example, so I have to go to the ambulance tab an un-tick 12 ambulances. I considered removing all ambulances from the ARR templates and just dispatching them separately at the same time based on the patients written for each call however some calls don't have any mention of patients until the units arrive (or even sometimes when the call is nearly finished) so that just slows the whole process when I am sending ambulances so late.

Has anyone found a good approach to this? Am I missing something?

• My ambulance setup is like so [Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/a9d1003b4e3f33aa5315c8fc03842965.png]
    1 Ambulances up to 4 ambulances, then a EMS Chief at the bottom. You can easily send 40 ambulances to a call just but pressing the 4 ambulances many times.

• My ambulance setup is like so

Thanks I understand that, mine is already set up the same way though.

My question was if you have any ambulances included in your call ARR settings, or if you select ambulances separately when dispatching?
    For example, the "Industrial Fire" call can have up to 4 patients. So on your Industrial Fire ARR tag that I see in your screenshot, do you have any ambulances set? Or do you press that button and then manually add the ambulances as required (with the green buttons) on each call?

(My current set up has 4 ambulances built in to the Industrial Fire ARR tag so I don't manually add any ambulances but that means that I am sometimes using more than I need to.)

• Thanks I understand that, mine is already set up the same way though.
    My question was if you have any ambulances included in your call ARR settings, or if you select ambulances separately when dispatching?
    For example, the "Industrial Fire" call can have up to 4 patients. So on your Industrial Fire ARR tag that I see in your screenshot, do you have any ambulances set? Or do you press that button and then manually add the ambulances as required (with the green buttons) on each call?

(My current set up has 4 ambulances built in to the Industrial Fire ARR tag so I don't manually add any ambulances but that means that I am sometimes using more than I need to.)

I know that a Industrial Fire can have up to 4 patients,so if it's a fire alarm system, then I automatically send 4 ambulances, even if 2 are only needed. So no, I don't have setup inside my ARR, it's just manual.

The only ones that do have an automatic ambulances are the acid burns and the stuck climber call.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!