Custom Mission Radius per Station

• Customisable Incident Distance Generation 17

1. Yes (14) 82%
    2. No (3) 18%

Hi all,

I hope you are all well!

A lot of the time, especially when your area is well covered and well resourced, response times are very quick. We all know this is ideal, however it’s not realistic. We simply cannot have the same demand as the lifelike service’s and especially for police and ambulance cannot have quite the same amount of resources.

Missions are generated per station and within a preset radius of said station. I would like to be able to alter this. I think a great addition to the game would be to allow for each particular station to have its own radius customisable.

This would allow for very realistic covering. For example, Polegate Make Ready Center covers a very large area as it is considered a ‘hub’. Ambulances will run considerable distances to arrive at calls, however this is not reflected in the game during quieter times or when there are a lot of well resourced stations. If the radius could be increased, then missions would be generated from one station at a further distance, allowing a more realistic and true to reality response; this would be very good also for rural areas which are not surrounded by other stations but cover a large area. It would mean that calls are not always so close.

I understand that having lots of buildings will spawn missions, and when demand is busy, the nearest vehicle may be quite far away, however when it’s quiet, missions will not spawn at a distance for that particular service therefore response times will always be very close.

I think an option within the dispatch center to change the radius per station or within the station itself would be brilliant. It could be done via square miles; outlining an area similar to how is done when setting a patrol route; or just choosing a number which alters the maximum distance.

Let me know what you think on this idea below and by completing the poll and like if you are in agreement.

Thanks,

Nick :) :)

NF14 - Content Adviser Team (UK)
    Ex Emergency Operations Centre Staff
    Current Operational Ambulance Staff

• I second that idea. Standby is a MASSIVE function of dispatching and should definitely be implemented into Mission Chief. The ability to be able to send vehicles to standby as opposed to only being able to move them would drastically change the way I play Mission Chief and would also add an entire new element of tact and strategy to the game.

• This would be great for some.

I am trying to replicate the scottish set up. Now this is fine in places like Glasgow and Edinburgh where you have many stations covering the city.

I have started in my home town/city Stirling where policing is very dynamic in the way its covered (in my case I'm keeping satellite police stations) but Stirling Police Station coveres a huge area, think last time I checked it coveres 30 miles out for some places. Yes this is helped by small satellite offices now in the days of Police Scotland. Back before that these offices were stations bit that's a whole other conversation.

Allowing us to adjust radius or even coverage areas would be great.

• Exactly this, you can build stations and have no vehicles there but that’s a very expensive way of increasing run distance.

• I think an option within the dispatch center to change the radius per station or within the station itself would be brilliant.

Great idea! We need this!
    A simple "minimum radius" override in the back end could prevent anyone setting the radius too low.
    If/when you request it from the developers please ask that they build it for all versions of Missionchief (i.e. Australia - we don't have a forum section!) not just for the UK :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!