New Call Radius

• Morning/Evening/Afternoon which ever it is as your reading this..

So as seen in the Bugs thread the Devs have increased the area in which calls spawn from a station. This is great news for some as it's been asked for while now. However I for one am not a over keen liker of this. Mainly for this....

This is a call i revived today for a warehouse fire which is in another persons area in the alliance and in a completely different County. Yes i know this call is POI based and i could just turn on so that it only uses mine but atm i have little time and not much knowledge of the area to do my own POI's.

So my argue is this, i'd like to see the radius reduced however not the original area it was. The game has become recently tedious from this as Alliance members aren't always free to support the call and my own units are 25+ mins away meaning game play become's slow and i end up logging off.

So what do you all think.........
    Do we go back to way's of old or keep things like this????

• The spawn distance has been reset to the way it was. I have asked if possible we can have a system where it spawns calls up to 5 miles away and this is chosen by the player

• Very disappointing to see that advancements in increasing the call radius have been reversed. It is one of the single biggest things wrong with this game.
    The current call radius settings is laughable on the AU version at least, can't speak for the UK or others. I have 2 different networks of over 30 stations all placed in real life locations and I have little clumps of calls generating around each station.
    Several of us on the AU version have been lobbying the devs for a long time to increase call radius so now to see that it's been reduced again because it encroaches on other members territories in alliances is sad. Surely that's a problem for the alliance to deal with not the whole game?

We all agree that the best solution is to make the radius customisable, I ideally for each individual station (so that those near ferry routes don't have calls spawning in the water) and with a minimum protection to eliminate cheating - but given that there is next to no development happening in this game at all then out of the options of keeping it as it is or increasing it I definitely vote increase it!

• Very disappointing to see that advancements in increasing the call radius have been reversed. It is one of the single biggest things wrong with this game.
    The current call radius settings is laughable on the AU version at least, can't speak for the UK or others. I have 2 different networks of over 30 stations all placed in real life locations and I have little clumps of calls generating around each station.
    Several of us on the AU version have been lobbying the devs for a long time to increase call radius so now to see that it's been reduced again because it encroaches on other members territories in alliances is sad. Surely that's a problem for the alliance to deal with not the whole game?

We all agree that the best solution is to make the radius customisable, I ideally for each individual station (so that those near ferry routes don't have calls spawning in the water) and with a minimum protection to eliminate cheating - but given that there is next to no development happening in this game at all then out of the options of keeping it as it is or increasing it I definitely vote increase it!

That is not the the reason it’s been reversed. If you have a decent size town of 200K residents. The chances are with the new update you will not get any calls from that towns station inside that town unless it’s tied to a POI.

This makes it very difficult to find that balance between those rural players who want the larger radius, and those urban players who do want calls to spawn in their town. This also isn’t helped by the game being quite inflexible for editing this setting.

We are looking at ways to make this adjustable but the game has been developed in a way that doesn’t make this easy however it is being looked at.

I’m also not sure why it’s been changed for all games rather than for the specific games. My advise for issues relating to the Aus game is to go through the support channels and Facebook as I believe there is no forum for the Aus game

• It is a shame that the radius has been reduced, I have booth town and rural area's in my area in the alliance... one of my station is but 50yds from the border between England and wales and irl they cover both sides, so its not unrealistic for my units to cross boarder.

I think it depends on the player, maybe its worth increasing the radius but adjusting the response time to make it slightly quicker... if that is even possible

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!