Apparatus add-ons

• Any chance on being able to put special equipment on one truck. In most places there isn't a HazMat truck or a huge command vehicle or a specific mobile air truck. It would make the game a whole lot more realistic to be able to expand a truck's function by adding a cascade system, extrication tools, EMS equipment, HazMat equipment, or a command center into a truck. In the US we have walk-in Heavy Rescues and Rescues in many places that have a command center inside them while those big bus like things are not very common in the majority of the country. Another improvement would be instead of a required amount of certain trucks just have them require at least one of the needed trucks and then a certain amount of manpower to put it out.

• Please remember that the way your area may operate could be a whole lot different than someone else's in the U.S. Even though you may be right about your area, my FD has 2 haz mat trucks and trailers, 2 mobile air units, and a command post. Our first out trucks may carry the minimum equipment for haz mat incidents. As far as unit requirements go. I have no issue with it now, maybe others do.

• I have researched a good deal of the country and it's pretty much the same. Cascade system on a Heavy Rescue or other truck, hazmat equipment on the rescues, my county has a county wide hazmat team made up of members of the depts and doesn't have a HazMat truck, nor do we have a command truck. In fact within 100 miles in all directions I think there is maybe 5 command trucks. All the rest are command modules in SUVs or command desks in a Heavy Rescue. Mobile air units it's less in a larger radius because they are on the other trucks, most places don't waste money on a separate truck that would require even more people in an age when it's difficult to get crews.

• Any chance on being able to put special equipment on one truck. In most places there isn't a HazMat truck or a huge command vehicle or a specific mobile air truck. It would make the game a whole lot more realistic to be able to expand a truck's function by adding a cascade system, extrication tools, EMS equipment, HazMat equipment, or a command center into a truck. In the US we have walk-in Heavy Rescues and Rescues in many places that have a command center inside them while those big bus like things are not very common in the majority of the country. Another improvement would be instead of a required amount of certain trucks just have them require at least one of the needed trucks and then a certain amount of manpower to put it out.

I like and agree with this suggestion. It is very similar to one that I posted in the past Thread Link. You are right, many agencies operate with different capabilities. While you are both right, some departments run with bare minimum equipment on front line apparatus for a hazmat call, there are situations where you need no more than bare minimum equipment. Not everything that deals with hazmat requires a full hazmat apparatus filled with hazmat technicians. I think adding the flexibility to allow players to model a system how they wish would be good. Instead of a call requiring a certain apparatus type they should require certain resources to complete the call.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!