Ability to purchase credits like you would with coins

• What do you guys think? I see both sides in this.

In a way it cheats the game as players would do this and the Devs would get better financially and makes the game easy.

But, It would also be a good idea as a secondary option for players starting out, Those with much with larger setups or those caught up in a rut.

• I'm wondering what the point of it would be? Buying credits with coins.. what can you do with credits that you can't do with coins?

You say there would be no point, but why SHOULDN'T it be in? It doesn't affect anything, I'd most likely buy credits with coins just so then I have a total on how much I can spend on an area instead of calculating it with coins and credits. It's not a big deal, but here would be 0 harm in adding it.

• Well there is harm in adding it though. Any changes at all to the game takes development time, resources and cost to them. We have all seen and experienced how incredibly slow and frustrating getting any progress with this game has become so therefore development time has become extremely valuable. It is important for the game as a whole that their time is spent on the most useful features and improvements to the game and not invested in areas that will make little difference.
    I can think of 20 things without even trying that should be prioritised before a change like this. Other than having all of your credits combined in one number it would achieve nothing at all.
    If game development was a lot quicker and we weren't waiting literally 6 months for very simple bug fixes then sure why not add it but Missionchief is a very long way away from that. Prioritisation matters a lot!

• I can see both sides to this...

On one side, yes of course it would be nice to see some major updates to the game. I doubt anyone would disagree with that :thumbsup:

But on the other hand - little nice features, fixes etc are always good. It's like creating a computer program which is full of error codes that constantly make it crash, yet the developers continue to build it and are focused on new features :| You need to fix the little things before moving to the more complicated side of things. That's particularly true for a new group of people who are doing things for this game now! They need to work their way up to the big inclusions, with several 'steps' along the journey to improvement.

• You need to fix the little things before moving to the more complicated side of things. That's particularly true for a new group of people who are doing things for this game now!

Yeah exactly. It'd be great just to get a few of the really basic bugs fixed first like the rescue & fire boat missions bug and the flooding missions bug for example.

• Well there is harm in adding it though. Any changes at all to the game takes development time, resources and cost to them. We have all seen and experienced how incredibly slow and frustrating getting any progress with this game has become so therefore development time has become extremely valuable. It is important for the game as a whole that their time is spent on the most useful features and improvements to the game and not invested in areas that will make little difference.
    I can think of 20 things without even trying that should be prioritised before a change like this. Other than having all of your credits combined in one number it would achieve nothing at all.
    If game development was a lot quicker and we weren't waiting literally 6 months for very simple bug fixes then sure why not add it but Missionchief is a very long way away from that. Prioritisation matters a lot!

Spot on there Wings - I dont believe there has been a comment on this forum that is more correct than that!!

There are lots of little things that could be added to the game to enhance it etc but as we have seen the devs struggle to get a simple copy and paste mission out every week, let alone get proper updates out. For example, the US missionchief is far lagging behind the German game, for example, MCUS doesn't have prime movers with pods, different types of hazmat, or advanced medical vehicles like the German game does, and MCUK is a long way behind MCUS, without rescue ambulances, quints etc.

• Why don't we focus on the current updates the Devs are working on at this moment in time and get the current bugs fixed before adding anything new. I think it would be pointless to purchase credits with coins when we can use the coins to purchase whatever we want as it is... I think the biggest thing would be to lower the cost of stations first before anything. For players expanding, $1,000,000 for a new small station is absolutely ridiculous. There is a bunch of things I see right now that can be changed to allow players to better enjoy the game. If the devs lowered the station costs to something more reasonable, I myself would be playing the game much more than I am now. I stopped expanding because it costs so much to do so. I get the devs use this as a tactic to get players to buy more coins, But players will always continue to purchase coins. If anything should change as far as credits. I think and Option to be able to transfer coins to other players would be beneficial. Kind of like how Facebook games are connected online with friend you play with. While playing those games you can send gifts to other players and I think a big thing would be for them to allow Credits to be send over MissionChief to other plays that could use them. Just a thought but that would be a HUGE update I would stand behind!

• Didn't think I would get this much feedback here Haha. Honestly it's not much of a big deal to me whether or not they do this. I figured I would just bring something different up for discussion. I do agree that more major updates need to be focused on first before this. But I won't spoil the fun for you guys as some really juicy stuff will be coming up very soon ;)

• Didn't think I would get this much feedback here Haha. Honestly it's not much of a big deal to me whether or not they do this. I figured I would just bring something different up for discussion. I do agree that more major updates need to be focused on first before this. But I won't spoil the fun for you guys as some really juicy stuff will be coming up very soon ;)

I heard of some of the new stuff coming. I'm really excited for it to be released! I get where you are coming from though! I just wish they would push "transfering credits to new players or just in general" to other players giving them Credits to do whatever with. I think that would be an awesome update!

• Spot on there Wings - I dont believe there has been a comment on this forum that is more correct than that!!
    There are lots of little things that could be added to the game to enhance it etc but as we have seen the devs struggle to get a simple copy and paste mission out every week, let alone get proper updates out. For example, the US missionchief is far lagging behind the German game, for example, MCUS doesn't have prime movers with pods, different types of hazmat, or advanced medical vehicles like the German game does, and MCUK is a long way behind MCUS, without rescue ambulances, quints etc.

And MCAU is far behind the uk version.

• What do you guys think? I see both sides in this.

In a way it cheats the game as players would do this and the Devs would get better financially and makes the game easy.

But, It would also be a good idea as a secondary option for players starting out, Those with much with larger setups or those caught up in a rut.

I'm not really a fan of this idea.
    This could turn a free game with optional purchases as a pay to win game. We can already purchase everything cith credis and coins. Si, why this could helpful in any way ?

• I also don’t see why you’d want it. You don’t need more credits when you can buy everything with coins anyways. I oppose the idea as well. I think it’s a useless feature to many.

• I realize everyone is against this idea. I didn't say I was for it. I was just trying to liven up the Forums at the time and bring up something for discussion.

Let my clarify that this is not happening so no need to get in a riot here Lol.

Like I said in my starting post I could care less either way.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!