Fire Appliances

• Ok been working on my fire service and trying to get best value

Just noticed a weird issue.

I have invested in CARP at a new area I have set up basically all stations there have CARP as the main engine and a rescue pump as the second.

Now just had a animal rescue call which is a rescue call and the RP and RSU could deal with them no issue. I sent my CARP to cover call as it is supposed to be able to cover rescue too but it couldn't cover the call and needed a RP to clear.

Surely as it is a Combined Arial and Rescue Pump it should serve to cover a basic rescue call.

• So it doesn't do rescue, so it's not a proper CARP unit then.

It's just an Arial Pump Ladder.

That's a big difference between name and function.

They are used a lot near me here in Scotland and they do have some rescue capabilities that's.

• So let me clear alot up here....
    Just because its called a CARP doesn't give it Heavy rescue capabilities and a Telescopic Arm all in 1. Otherwise in the real world it would push it over so many weight limits.

There are 45 Fire Services within the UK , 49 including Scotland and Wales if you must. All these services use different models, makes of Fire Engines from Scania to Volvo's even Mercedes. All of these 45 services call there Front Line Fire engines different names from DPL( Dual Pump Ladder) , WRL (Water Rescue Ladder) , RP (Rescue Pump) etc etc......

All of them share near enough identical equipment depending on the Service there with.

You lot banging on about a CARP with no Heavy Rescue Capabilities is so pointless when IRL they carry the same stuff as RP , WRL , DPL just with an Added Telescopic Boom.

Now a HRP (Heavy Rescue Pump) is what the the Rescue Pump in game i think should represent in my opinion and the CARP being what it is now.

A prime example of the above is Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue. They upon until a few months ago where separate services so to say each calling there FRONT LINE ENGINES (Derbyshire WRL) and (NOTTS RP) since there combining recently with budgets and control rooms being shared together in 1 building they was called WRL and RP respectively. More recently tho one of them (Can't remember which) has changed to match the other to make dispatch easier and maintenance simpler. Now nothing .. not a single thing has been changed equipment wise on these engines they are still the same identical engines just now called sorting different.

So to sum to stop cheating and having everyone use CARP's for all Rescue and ALP needs the CARP will i imagine remain as it is the same. No im not having a go at anyone before you all go on the rant about that. And if you have plenty of free time which i imagine some people do currently have a read of this....
    http://www.romar.org.uk/page96.html

Thats a link to an enthusiasts page listing every possible unit by name and shorted name in the UK thats in use or has been used........

Try and find me a APL as its not there.

http://www.graemekirkwood.co.uk/SFB/ARP.htm (Whats on Scotland's CARP's)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!