chlorine gas accident

• I have an Idea for a mission chlorine gas accident for that you would need hazmat units police a mobile command vehicle battalion chief units and ambulances here arehttps://www.scientificamerican.com/article/chlorine-accidents-take-big-human-toll/ examples of chlorine gas accidentshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTeN8KnnJlEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlxY_zhd1S0 please let me know what you think

• Not exactly no an unknown tank spill will not be a chlorine gas accident as chlorine gas will never be stored in a commerical tanker truck it needs a more reinforced steel to handle it or it will be unstable to handle in the first place and second of all this incident would never occur as all tanker trucks and tanker railroad cars by law have to be placarded no matter where in the world you live whether you live in the U.S. which you follow DOT's law or you follow the UN law which applies to the rest of the world.

• Not exactly no an unknown tank spill will not be a chlorine gas accident as chlorine gas will never be stored in a commerical tanker truck it needs a more reinforced steel to handle it or it will be unstable to handle in the first place and second of all this incident would never occur as all tanker trucks and tanker railroad cars by law have to be placarded no matter where in the world you live whether you live in the U.S. which you follow DOT's law or you follow the UN law which applies to the rest of the world.

Unknown spills are actually very common. Negligence is the cause of many hazmat incidents. In addition, the paperwork may not be available (If the SDS is in the cab of a truck leaking chemical I'm not going to walk up and get it), and the placards may not be visible from either a vapor cloud or the position of the truck. There are ways to figure it out, it just may not be initially available.

• Unknown spills are actually very common. Negligence is the cause of many hazmat incidents. In addition, the paperwork may not be available (If the SDS is in the cab of a truck leaking chemical I'm not going to walk up and get it), and the placards may not be visible from either a vapor cloud or the position of the truck. There are ways to figure it out, it just may not be initially available.

actually no by the way I am a firefighter-EMT in real life so I know this one because I specalize in hazmat, in fact you will be walking up to get it with SCBA on (and in a hazmat suit if you department supplies it of course) and you will have to get it because it is vital to get that information in order to know what to do, and actually we have a way to identify a chemical just by looking at the type of trailer it is, we just look in our ERG under trailers and we can find every single chemical and what it is and how to respond to it. If it's showing vapors then its a gas, if it's spewing out without vapors then it's most likely a commercial chemical. Lastly paperwork is always available because by law you have to carry paperwork with you when you handle the chemical it's law sorry but it is what it is that law was made to help us out when we are responding to this stuff.

• It is very common to respond to an unknown tanker spill. At the initial dispatch, the general public most of the time have no clue how to read placards nor carry an ERG. The driver of the tanker could be unconscious or no where to even be found and unable to advise what he's carrying. Therefore, to be dispatched to an unknown tanker spill is very common. Upon arrival, yes we can determine what it is. But, that is once we are on scene.

• It is very common to respond to an unknown tanker spill. At the initial dispatch, the general public most of the time have no clue how to read placards nor carry an ERG. The driver of the tanker could be unconscious or no where to even be found and unable to advise what he's carrying. Therefore, to be dispatched to an unknown tanker spill is very common. Upon arrival, yes we can determine what it is. But, that is once we are on scene.

Actually wrong most of the time it isn't bystanders reporting that an unknown chemical is spewing out of a tanker, when dispatch recieves the call it's usually law enforcement that arrives first, they are the ones that are first to determine what it is because they have an ERG as well every emergency vehicle in the U.S. has an ERG it's law, anyways they are first to determine what it is, so no it's not common to find an unknown tanker spill because by the time we get there law enforcement has already determinded what it is. We are actually one of the last people to get to the scene it's because we have to put on our gear and respond driving a 10 ton truck down the road. Please just listen to the professional here that specalizes in this field of emergency services and take it as that it is not common to find an unknown tanker spill, and as a matter of a fact 911 will ask questions to the caller to ask them to see if they can identify the chemical I know this as well because I took some 911 training courses in 911 training you are taught to ask questions to the caller to see if you can help units arriving identify the chemical then 911 relies that information to responding units.

• Okay that's enough of this bickering. I know EFD is a professional firefighter. I don't know if you are. Chlorine gas accident is on the list, though it is low on the list. Unknown tanker spill will remain a mission in game. Thread closed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!