Multiple own vehicle category

• IS there a possibility we could get multiple own vehicle categories for our rigs? Also the ability to assign a group in an AAR?

For example I have quints for my ladder apparatus however I do not want to run them as a quint only as a ladder so I have them as a ladder and checked to respond only as that, but I have some that are SOC support and I have to manually find them to assign the closest one. Would be nice if I could have them all as a ladder and again some as a SSL. Or having a SSL and Water/ice rescue unit.

Also I have Squad support pieces that I only want to respond along with their parent Squad company. Again I have to manually find the closest and assign it instead of being able to assign them together on a AAR. Currently it might assign 1 Squad and another Squad's support unit if I have them both checked but I want it to be realistic where a Squad support only responds with its specific parent company.

Thanks for any feedback and keep up the great work!

Pappy

• When you edit a vehicle, at the bottom it says "Own Vehicle Category", put whatever you want in it, i.e Ladder;
    [Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/82d6b28806dc741d8f64d82e5a60a1cf.png]
    If you press "Only dispatch vehicle as own class" it means when you request a platform truck, it will NOT send a "Ladder" as it hasn't been specified.

Once you've press "Only dispatch..." a new class will appear in the AAR requests;
    [Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/566691caf146e8c179c9e75c65669794.png]
    As you can see a new "Ladder" class has been created therefore if I changed the value to 1, and set the platform truck value to "0" it would send a ladder (which must have the own class stuff setup.)

• I know that and that is how I am doing it now with Quints to respond only as a platform and not as an engine. What my request is asking is if we can have more options for instance if I want some of my ladders to respond as a "SOC Support Ladder" like FDNY has for example but not others. I can select all my quints to respond as ladders but then only have some ladders respond as SOC Support Ladders.

• I know that and that is how I am doing it now with Quints to respond only as a platform and not as an engine. What my request is asking is if we can have more options for instance if I want some of my ladders to respond as a "SOC Support Ladder" like FDNY has for example but not others. I can select all my quints to respond as ladders but then only have some ladders respond as SOC Support Ladders.

Why not just use platform ladder trucks instead of Quints then?
    You mentioned you've already set up a custom category to prevent the quints responding as fire trucks, well having the fleet of platform ladders instead will achieve that on it's own. Then if you want to have just a group of them respond as "SOC Support Ladder" then just give those platform ladders that custom group.
    That way you'll have a fleet of platform ladders, that only respond to ladder, plus a fleet of "SOC Support Ladders" that respond to that.

• I want realistic staffing of 6 on a Ladder. More staff on a rig the faster a mission goes. Like I've said I am trying to be as realistic as I can be

We get that, but you are already able to do this, you just have to follow the instructions provided from the above replies. That is why we have this ability in-game

Alliance : U.S. Emergency Services
    Captain
    Joined the game on August 1st, 2016.
    3m Earned Credits as of 12/9/17
    5m Earned Credits as of 07/1/18

• Something is getting lost in the discussion here

I am fully aware that I can purchase Quints to use the 6-person staffing but have them only dispatched as a ladder/platform and not an engine using the instructions provided above I am and was already doing this. What I am asking is for the ability to then take some of those already checked off Quints that are Ladders and check them again as SOC Support Ladders. So for instance I can send 3 ladders and 2 SOC Support ladders in my AAR

Say I have 15 ladders and I want them to all have 6 people so I buy 15 Quints. But I want 6 of them to be SOC Support Ladders I want to be able to check off the 6 that are already checked off.

So for example a Trench Rescue I could send:

3 Engines - "Fire truck in AAR"
    2 Ladders - Purchased as a Quint "Ladder" in AAR
    1 Battalion Chief - "Battalion" in AAR
    1 Rescue Battalion Chief - Purchased as Battalion but labeled as "Rescue Battalion" in AAR
    1 SOC Support Ladder - Purchased as a Quint in AAR, already labeled as "Ladder" in AAR but want to further label as "SOC Support Ladder"
    1 Squad - Purchased as Rescue Engine labeled as "Squad" in AAR
    1 Rescue - Purchased as Heavy Rescue labeled as "Rescue" in AAR

for a simple Fire call that would not require the SOC Support capabilities of the designated SOC Support Ladder company it is already labeled as "Ladder" and would respond as such.

I want to operate as realistically as I can to the FDNY way and many of their units have many sub-specialties I am just looking for an easier way to dispatch them as such instead of having the manually find the closest one on my list every time.

• So you want them to only respond when you press a button for SOC Ladder Support correct? If so, when you edit that specific vehicle/quint, you can put "SOC Support" or whatever you please in that name field, making a specific vehicle category for that unit that you can actually go into the Alarm & Response menu and add yourself. I actually have all of my K9 units set on "K9" category because when you request a patrol car, and a K9 unit is closest, it will select that unit. If you select "Only dispatch vehicle as" then it will NOT respond to ANY calls where your Alarm & Response asks for a "Ladder", it will pull the closest unit that isn't SOC Support.

Captain

• So you want them to only respond when you press a button for SOC Ladder Support correct? If so, when you edit that specific vehicle/quint, you can put "SOC Support" or whatever you please in that name field, making a specific vehicle category for that unit that you can actually go into the Alarm & Response menu and add yourself. I actually have all of my K9 units set on "K9" category because when you request a patrol car, and a K9 unit is closest, it will select that unit. If you select "Only dispatch vehicle as" then it will NOT respond to ANY calls where your Alarm & Response asks for a "Ladder", it will pull the closest unit that isn't SOC Support.

No, I do not need you to explain how the own vehicle and AAR currently works. I am using it correctly. I want the SOC Support ladder to respond to regular fire calls as a ladder, I also want it to respond as a SOC Support ladder on calls that SOC Support services would be required in real life.

I may have 25 ladder companies that I want to use as Ladder Companies for the regular fire duty calls. I want them all to be quints to have 6-person staffing but not respond as an engine. Therefore I have them all checked off as Ladders to respond only as Ladders. Within those 25 Ladder Companies I want 10 of them to ALSO be a SOC Support Ladder and respond as such when needed.

I send 3 engines 2 ladders and a BC to all fire calls. I want the 2 closest ladders to respond regardless if they are SOC support or not.

For a building collapse I might have 4 ladder companies to respond and want the 4 closest. In addition to those 4, 1 or 2 SOC Support Ladders also respond. They might not be the 5th and 6th closest ladders so currently I have to search for them on my list of ALL my ladders to find the SOC Support Ladder(s) that are closest and available.

I already have ALLLLL of my ladders checked off to respond only as ladders as you have both tried to explain to me, that I already know and I am doing, I am asking for the ability to ALSO have SOME of them marked as SOC Support Ladders.

• I think I know what you mean now, in order to allow SOC Support to respond as both SOC Support and a Ladder unit, you have to make sure "Only dispatch vehicle as own class" is not enabled. If it's not enabled, it'll dispatch it if you press Ladder or if you press SOC Support.

Captain

• I know, I do not need you to explain the game I know how it works. I am asking for something specific here. If it is possible to add multiple vehicle category options.

Your above solution will do me no good because unchecking the box will have my unit respond as an Engine, Ladder, and SOC Support Ladder. That is not what I want.

I am not looking for alternate solutions, thank you for your feedback but like I have said I know how the game currently works and I am wondering if any of the developers can add what I am asking for.

• I am not looking for alternate solutions, thank you for your feedback but like I have said I know how the game currently works and I am wondering if any of the developers can add what I am asking for.

Don't worry I'm completely with you, I understand what you are saying and I understand why some of the replies above are not helpful.

You are 100% correct, with what you are trying to achieve (because you are using Quints) it's not possible because the game doesn't allow multiple custom categories. That would be a nice feature. Probably not one I would use personally but wouldn't be opposed to it being introduced.

It is worth mentioning though that you can currently do exactly what you want to do if you use platform ladders instead of quints. Sure the staffing levels are 3 and not 6 but I have measured how tiny and minute of difference that actually makes to the job completion time. I guess you have to ask which would bother you more, having ladders with 3 people but your dispatching works effortlessly or having 6 people in the fleet of quints but having to micromanage them all the time?
    I know what I would choose.

• Don't worry I'm completely with you, I understand what you are saying and I understand why some of the replies above are not helpful.
    You are 100% correct, with what you are trying to achieve (because you are using Quints) it's not possible because the game doesn't allow multiple custom categories. That would be a nice feature. Probably not one I would use personally but wouldn't be opposed to it being introduced.

It is worth mentioning though that you can currently do exactly what you want to do if you use platform ladders instead of quints. Sure the staffing levels are 3 and not 6 but I have measured how tiny and minute of difference that actually makes to the job completion time. I guess you have to ask which would bother you more, having ladders with 3 people but your dispatching works effortlessly or having 6 people in the fleet of quints but having to micromanage them all the time?
    I know what I would choose.

I am just trying to make things as realistic as I can. I am hoping I can have the best of both worlds. Also the new feature would be able to be used with more then just the example given. Some FDNY rigs have 3 or 4 sub-categories

• So just to confirm what is being asked here.

Players would like to see the ability to assign multiple vehicle categories to units.

Players would like to see an increase on personnel on a truck from 3 to six correct?

• I could be doing something wrong but I have created a group such as a special unit with a second piece for hazmat.

I have Squad 19
    Its a rescue engine that I want to respond as such
    I have a "second piece" with it that I want to respond as a hazmat unit, but I do not want the hazmat unit to respond alone
    I can individually click on the AAR for "Squad 19 2nd" to send it out
    I cannot add it to respond to as part of a hazmat response with engines and ladders and BCs and my hazmat unit.
    Currently I can assign it as its own category and respond only as that but that won't make it respond with the parent company

So if my AAR that I custom make sends 1 Squad and 1 Squad 2nd piece it could select one from each company for example it could select Squad 19 and Squad 14 2nd piece. I am wishing there was a way that they could be selected to respond as a group when needed as such.

Sorry if I am not explaining this in depth enough, if not PM me and I can try to explain in more detail. If it is too much hassle to do then don't worry about it, like I have stated before I am just trying to make it as real as possible to some real life fire departments I know of.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!