UK Server Stuck for 4 Hours, What Now?

• Does the UK server need an upgrade? 14

1. Yes (10) 71%
    2. No (4) 29%

So the UK Server has been stuck for 4 hours now, no calls can clear, no units can arrive on scene and it is highly frustrating! I am quite annoyed and so are most members of my alliance.

Why has this happened and what can prevent it from happening again?

• We have communicated the issues to the developers and they located the issue and fixed it accordingly.

Not being funny but this issue should not be happening, it's a constant issue each week we are experiencing some sort of outage to the game, that can be it stalling like it has done twice in past 24 hours.

We see the game crash on a weekly basis.

It lags severely at times.

Now we have had "upgrades" of servers but clearly not been much of an upgrade.

This game must be seeing a lot of financial income from sale of coins I know myself i have bought coins and know several other players who have purchased a lot more than me (talking £100s) yet we see very little investment. We are promised upgrades but when we ask about them get fobbed off with some utter rubbish excuse. Yes we understand things take time but given the progress on other versions it is clear the UK version is being left to last now that may be due to us getting different features but I no longer buy this excuse that it will be majorly different from other versions. How about roll out some of the basics first instead of keeping it all to one great big update which may cause more issues, releasing in stages makes more sense as it is smaller parts that can be loaded and ensure they work, instead of one big set of changes where a lot can go wrong.

It's clear we have had updates this week and clear that these updates have played a part in this downtime if not it's a mega coincidence.

I now fully expect to be told I'm complaining just for the sake of it and that I would complain about anything as you have done in the past here but I expect things to work as expected not crash out and freeze or lag.

Clearly though issue fixed seems to be the end of debate on here as the moderation staff don't want to keep seeing this sort of thing appear well simple solution to that fix the game once and for all and stop this patch up job stuff. Get onto a server that can handle the demands of the game(s) and start providing content updates.

• Just so you are aware, myself along with all the other Moderators and Administrators on this forum are volunteers. We relay information to and from the devs, we design content updates for the games, we do nothing more. If it’s a development thing that’s on the devs and we can only tell you about what is being told to us.

As has been said by @VICFire above, the issue was reported, the devs have told us that they have identified the issue (which they couldn’t find at first) and sorted it. We moderation staff don’t mind if it appears on here, in fact it’s good that it is as we are not always on the game to find that out. Every time it’s reported on here we will take it to the devs, we will then report back, either by saying it’s fixed, or it is being looked into, we don’t know more than what we are being told, and we are not going to report false information on here. The reason we close topics straight away is lately it seems to always descend into a petty squabble.

You say about coins and whilst yes I see where you are coming from, as with any mobile game, buying in game credits and micro transactions is not the same as purchasing a game. If you keep spending money on the game and are genuinely not happy with it, I have to ask, why keep spending money on it?

Your comment about the updates is completely invalid, as respectfully, you don’t know what is currently in the works. I can tell you that the update that the devs are currently working on is highly realistic for Ambulance and has been designed by people who currently work within the ambulance service. It’s the communities choice though and if you would rather just a vehicle and a couple of missions every 5-6 months then we can do that too, but don’t expect the detailed updates like we currently have in the works. However I have been around here long enough to remember the backlash that updates like that got on the US game which is why we are designing these large realistic updates.

I have spoken to the devs today about possible compensation next week for the outage and players will have to wait and see what happens, but please don’t criticise myself or anyone else on the team for doing what they volunteer to do.

• I along with everyone else get you are volunteers, now what this has to do with genuine complaints about the game and to be perfectly honest it seems your stock defence oh we are volunteers don't have a go at us. As far as I can see you are administrators and moderators for the official game forum so are part of the staff team for the game.

You report stuff directly to the devs when it happens great well done your doing your job. You obviously do mind that it appears on here or you wouldn't close posts only reason they get closed is people are sick of the same rubbish from the staff saying stuff is being done and as well as going on about being volunteers. That is why they end up being a petty squabble as people are sick fed up of hearing all these promises and nothing actually being done. Back in January/February the promise was the server was fixed and now we are working on updates. Well the server still lags badly and crashes at times, we have had one update in that time but even that was messed up and clearly released before it should have been. Now before you say oh but you demand regular updates, no we want stuff that works and it is possible to release updates in stages if they are planned and it would not take any more time than doing one great big update like is going on. Clearly though no one wants to do small stages of updates that can be easily problem solved when they go live unlike a huge update the potential problems increase and will be harder to pin down and resolve. Personally all I want to see is progress and we aren't seeing any of that.

I'm sorry but your attitude over people buying coins for the game is just wrong, many purchased coins for the game as things did look good and we were confident of the things being said by the team now though this it is clear that those that have purchased coins and put money into this game aren't seeing it invested in the game as there is no progress. Your basically having a go at people investing in the game. You also say making in game purchase isn't the same as buying the game, what do you mean by that? Is that admission "oh it's a free game what do you expect", way i see along with others the money paid for any purchase for the game is to help with it, that may be for server upkeep or space but essentially the money raised in this game surely must be going towards it somehow or are you saying that we don't have a right to complain due to it being in game purchases. I made my coin purchase when the game was slightly more stable so that's why I purchased them, others made purchases at same time. That a problem or were we supposed to have a crystal ball and predict the future that the game wouldn't improve.

My comments about updates are valid whether you like it or not. We have been promised many things and none of it has happened, when we say anything about that we are shot down for speaking out. I know what updates have been worked on and what's been promised both on this forum and by other game staff. As I said earlier releasing updates can be done two main ways, one a large update that has everything and will see nothing being done for months (what is being doing) this has higher risk of things to go wrong and also has people questioning what's happening or the second build the update in smaller stages even split it into two this would take same amount of time to make and would make it easier to manage if there are any issues once it goes live plus it let's people see work is being done and not just leaving them to rely on what's being said and it looking like nothing is being done. There are several updates being worked on I know that too don't try treat people like they don't know what's going on.

Great compensation what 5 coins like before, oh that we need to collect one each day. So isn't really compensation more a give away done up to look like compensation.

Finally last bit on it as I said earlier as this is the official game forum you are seen as staff whether you volunteer or not is irrelevant to the situation you are as far as I can tell are staff, you have a direct line of contact with the devs and other game staff and they may not be providing you with updates that's not an issue for us. If you don't like being seen as game staff and having people direct complaints at you then why volunteer?

• The problem that I can see from my point of view is how your treating the VOLENTEER staff , I know TACRfan from a coouple of games we both play and the amount of effort designing new content and modifications for games in his own time for no ecconomic compensation. The recent work he has done with the content advisers and the new update that has developed from those ideas are fantastic and I can with confidence say many players will appreciate the update, In my 3.5 years of playing the game I have never seen an update that is as full of realistic content as what has been developed, this content would have take many hours to get it working correctly for the player and it does not just accommodate one type of player rather it facilitates many players both realistic and not.

The content updates are prehaps not as often as with the old dev of a new mission every friday and a new feature on thursday but I have to say from my personal perspective, I dont want a massvie update if I cant purchase any of it, I would rather smaller updates will of detailed content rather than the same things copied over from each version, this is the main reason that updates are a little slower as the team would rather make realistic and enjoyable content than copying stuff from the US version and it doing the exact same thing, as the content advisers and the development team would rather there be a noticable variety between other game versions and the UK one.

Your point about the server issues is a valid point, yes the servers may be a bit unstable at the minute but you have to remember that large parts of Europe including the UK is in Lockdown with many people off work, so naturally this will mean that the number of active users will be higher than when the game first came out. When alliance members report server issues I report them to TACRfan and Vic Fire, for them to relay up the chain of command to the devs but we all have lives so if there is a delay of 1 hour that cant always be helped as the staff are all volenteers.

The point you make abou the compensation rewards players who are active, rather than just giving people 5 credits straight to their account, by having players login to get the coins it means that players who play the game frequently who are more likely to experience these issues are given a little boost to say thank you and stay with us as we fix these issues, you also have to remember that the devs do not have to give these compensation coins a few weeks back we got 15 coins I believe, if you were to purchase those it would cost over £2 so for every player.

The first point you make about the team deflecting the critisism fair and inaccurate, the team on this site DO NOT have anything to do with the actual development of the game interms of codeing it and having access to the servers, so when they say we have noted your issues and sent them to the devs that is all they can do, we dont have the power to access the server turn it off and on, and buy a bunch more bandwidth to deal with the high traffic load, it has to be the devs in Germany who do these things and contacting them and having them fix the issues is not instant so you will have to give them a little time, yes the issues yesterday were one of those unusually long periods but like I mentioned before the high traffic flow is not helping the servers with everyone being off work.

• Why did I lock the thread? There was no more discussion to be had. We couldn't give an ETA on when the bug would be patched. As soon as I was informed that the game was up and running again, I updated the thread accordingly. I should point out that I believe this was a bug and not a server issue. Should it have been a server issue, the other games would have experienced the same issue. Regardless, the bug was fixed accordingly. I would like to comment about future updates but that's not within my role here on the forums.

We are only administrators and moderators of the forum. A couple of us have contact with the developers to report game issues and pass on our ideas for implementation. We are not responsible for what happens in the game and are simply here to look after the forum which allows the developers time to focus on the game. I can't say I enjoyed the game being down for a couple of hours but it allowed me time to be a bit more productive and do other things.

I will be locking this thread again as we would like to keep the forum tidy. If you'd like to make complaints then it must be constructive.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!