Dispatch Centres

• How does everyone use theirs?

I need to tidy mine up but after some pointers.

I've tried to do 1 a service but not sure if it's easier to do 1 per service?

Wondering what other people do and how well it works before I start sorting mine out.

I currently cover 3 Fire services, 3 Police and 2 Ambulance.

Thanks in advance

• One for Hampshire Fire & Rescue plus SCAS
    One for Hampshire Police
    One for Isle of Wight Fire & Rescue, IoWAS and Hampshire Police (but only on the island)
    One for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire & Rescue and SWAST

Each is assigned as its own dispatch. I usually separate police and fire because I haven't fully worked through my police setup yet so I get overwhelmed quickly. Isle of Wight is only a small setup - 10 fire, 1 ambulance and 2 police at present so I definitely won't ever get overwhelmed there. Dorset at present only has 12 fire stations and 5 ambulance stations. I may distinguish Dorset and Wiltshire individually down the line but not 100% sure yet.

• I have one for every fire service, ambulance service, police, and other services. I am debating splitting ambulance up to three like they are IRL though

Suffolk fire and rescue
    Norfolk fire and rescue
    Essex fire and rescue

East of England ambulance service
    British Red Cross
    St John ambulance
    NHS England

Suffolk Police
    Norfolk Police
    Ministry of defence police
    British transport police

Essex is currently all separated as it’s a work in progress.

• I must be missing something with these setups, what is the benefit of separating the services into their own dispatch centre?
    If you have all police, for example, on it's own dispatch centre doesn't that mean you won't get any calls that require x police stations + x fire stations + x ambulance stations? Or do you leave the tick unchecked in the edit screen so it doesn't generate dispatch centre specific calls?
    But if you are doing that then what is the advantage with separating the services with their own dispatch centre?

I operate in two different cities and one regional area at the same time so I use 3 dispatch centres to group the buildings so the calls are generated specific to the units I have available. I don't see much other use for them. What am I missing?

• I must be missing something with these setups, what is the benefit of separating the services into their own dispatch centre?
    If you have all police, for example, on it's own dispatch centre doesn't that mean you won't get any calls that require x police stations + x fire stations + x ambulance stations? Or do you leave the tick unchecked in the edit screen so it doesn't generate dispatch centre specific calls?
    But if you are doing that then what is the advantage with separating the services with their own dispatch centre?

I operate in two different cities and one regional area at the same time so I use 3 dispatch centres to group the buildings so the calls are generated specific to the units I have available. I don't see much other use for them. What am I missing?

Same thoughts here.
    I use one DC for one county multi-force, like one one all Tyne&Wear services and a sep one for all Northumberland (fire+police+med)

• Separating them allows your to limit what calls you get in each one once you tick the box to stop you from receiving calls requiring particular services.

I don't yet want calls such as Unknown Tanker Spill and Serious Accident Involving a Bus until I have sufficient ambulance and police resources to handle these. I have moved police into their own dispatch center in order to disqualify myself from those requirements, which stand at 13 fire stations, 2 police stations and 5 fire stations, 2 police stations and 8 ambulance stations respectively. Once I have sufficient resources, I'll link them up so I can get these other calls in.

If you have the resources to handle all of these, it's more of an organisational thing. You put each individual service into their own one, but allow them all to be linked, which gives you better visualisation and organisation of what your setup is like.

• I don't yet want calls such as Unknown Tanker Spill and Serious Accident Involving a Bus until I have sufficient ambulance and police resources to handle these. I have moved police into their own dispatch center in order to disqualify myself from those requirements, which stand at 13 fire stations, 2 police stations and 5 fire stations, 2 police stations and 8 ambulance stations respectively. Once I have sufficient resources, I'll link them up so I can get these other calls in.

But you really only need about 4 or so vehicles at each station to be able to keep up with any call that comes your way with very little occasional follow-ups, provided your are buying vehicles sensibly as you need them - so are you saying you have invested in building stations out without focusing on vehicles so you only have 1 or 2 at each one? If so I see your point.

If you have the resources to handle all of these, it's more of an organisational thing. You put each individual service into their own one, but allow them all to be linked, which gives you better visualisation and organisation of what your setup is like.

I don't really know what this means. Better visualisation where exactly?

• But you really only need about 4 or so vehicles at each station to be able to keep up with any call that comes your way with very little occasional follow-ups, provided your are buying vehicles sensibly as you need them - so are you saying you have invested in building stations out without focusing on vehicles so you only have 1 or 2 at each one? If so I see your point.

I don't really know what this means. Better visualisation where exactly?

It's more than just "four" needed at each station, and some are much more remote than others. I'm not so interested in police as in the game hence why there hasn't been much in the way of progress. It gets done when it gets done and I'm very happy to play the way I am - it's very lucrative right now so there's no rush to be linking up anything like that.

As for the visualisation - my setup covers 3 counties. I want to see how many stations, pumps, ambulances etc. are in each one. It's about keeping things tidy and this is the way I've found that helps the most.

• Fair enough. It wasn't a criticism I was just trying to understand the logic in case I was missing something with the dispatch centres.

The 3 countries and geographical split with the dispatch centres makes perfect sense, that's what I do too. When you mentioned "individual services" earlier I thought you meant you have a dispatch centre for police, dispatch centre for ambulance and one for fire which I couldn't see the point of.

All good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!