Unit Suggestions - UK Game

• I’d like to see an extension to the police officer training to allow for taser trained officers. It wouldn’t need to be a new unit, just new training

NameTaser officer
    Service-Police
    Purpose-for missions where the offender ‘is being violent’ or has some sort of weapon
    Cost-?
    How many personel are required1
    Training-Taser training
    Building expansionN/A
    Number of Prisoner/Patient slotsSame as IRV
  • I’d like to see an extension to the police officer training to allow for taser trained officers. It wouldn’t need to be a new unit, just new training

NameTaser officer
    Service-Police
    Purpose-for missions where the offender ‘is being violent’ or has some sort of weapon
    Cost-?
    Training-Taser training
    Building expansionN/A

I would like to see this but with a option to deactivate it

NameTaser officer
    Service-Police
    Cost-?
    Training-Taser training
    Building expansionN/A

I believe this has been mentioned before about tasers and if I remember is something that won't be looked into much due to the vast number of forces which now allow most officers to become taser trained. In my opinion it would just be a worthless training since most officers carry them

• I believe this has been mentioned before about tasers and if I remember is something that won't be looked into much due to the vast number of forces which now allow most officers to become taser trained. In my opinion it would just be a worthless training since most officers carry them

I’m sorry I get what your saying about most officers carry them but a lot don’t I think it would be a great addition and would reflect uk policing very well.

• I believe this has been mentioned before about tasers and if I remember is something that won't be looked into much due to the vast number of forces which now allow most officers to become taser trained. In my opinion it would just be a worthless training since most officers carry them

Latest data is of 2020, and less than 20% of officers carried a taser, this includes firearms officers who are also taser trained. I wouldn't say this is "most officers", nor even common, while definitely more common than previous years.

• It could replace the requirement for a dog on a fight on a train where it is unlikely the dog would be used in the confined space

It defo be on a system where its only on a few select missions like DSU can be replace by Tazer officer in the last column where paitents and prisoners are in the. But I feel like a separate thread form this one will be a good idea to discuss it without taking over the unit suggestion thread

• Taser officers will not be added for the same reason as things like blue light driving course wouldn’t be added. Taser is becoming a lot more common across policing and would require players to train hundreds if not thousands of officers in this. Also, a Taser is definitely not a substitute for a dog. A Taser can be ineffective, a dog hanging off your arm by its teeth tends to work 99% of the time

• Taser officers will not be added for the same reason as things like blue light driving course wouldn’t be added. Taser is becoming a lot more common across policing and would require players to train hundreds if not thousands of officers in this. Also, a Taser is definitely not a substitute for a dog. A Taser can be ineffective, a dog hanging off your arm by its teeth tends to work 99% of the time

I do have to say I do think it is a shame that it won’t be added. Or even considered to be added at a later date.

• An optional training would be the best, however I don’t see the point in this as we can’t add a requirement for X amount of taser officers as it wouldn’t work for those who don’t have a taser and they might be the units IRL that would deal.

Also, would we have a credit bonus for sending taser officers? The Met have over 6,000 officers trained with taser, where as critical care you may have 50 in a county max although I see your point with a system in a similar way to that of critical care.

Having worked IRL with 4 different police forces, the vast majority of officers I’ve encountered have had taser, those who haven’t have tended to be specials or newer officers.

I’m not ruling it out entirely, but these are the reasons I am against it, I welcome people to suggest ways to overcome the points below, and come up with a system that works and is fair to all players, not just them in their alliance/setup.

A: I’m playing devils advocate

B: To add trainings that start micromanaging trainings which are pretty much core is dangerous, where does it stop and what stops the devs from seeing this as a way to sell more coins by making people train staff in minor things thus filling up courses and schools.

C: How is it fair to players who have thousands of staff that would need training, as I say this is way more widespread than a training such as command support.

D: On the counter, how do we make it fair to players who have trained a lot of their staff to make it worthwhile.

E: What benefits will this actually have in game other than allowing players to have taser cars, something which I don’t believe is something that is done anymore (I may be wrong here) unlike back when taser was first introduced as seen in traffic cops.

F: and to add to the above point, could the player not just assign a current police car or ARV to do the same using custom dispatch categories. As I say, you can’t have taser replace dogs as a dog is way more than just a way of subduing someone who is kicking off.

• I agree this will destroy my setup, allainces schools as I have 1000s of

Police staff, I can see the devs addong "blue light training, if this is added which stops all non blue light staff driving vehicles and getting way out of hand, it is starting to become a thing for all officers (not including special constables & PCSOs). I would probably stop playing if this is required, I can see missions being added wihh requirements for Tazer on all misisins and being to high of a requirement & being added to inappropriate misisins such as protests. Not to mention the additional reward will most likely not be Hugh enough (just form what happens on other version with stuff like this and Riot Police)

On a side note I feel like more police missions are needed for the game especially since the more recent ones have basically just been fire and ambulance the last police focused mission was the fight on train (was released 6th of June) I mean no hate by this I just want more added

• The reason for the missions is simply because the police advisor is currently busy IRL and I don’t have enough experience at least with general police calls to make them, but yes I’d like to see more

While taser trained officers are becoming more common, Public order training is more common than taser training from what I’ve seen and we still got that. A taser is a substitute for a dog in some cases, there are situations where a dog is not a suitable option for the safety of a dog. A taser can be just as much as a deterrent as a dog can, people don’t want to be tasered just as much as they don’t want to be bitten.

I understand not adding blue light training as this game simulates response so the only time they wouldn’t be under blues is it’s a trainee who hasn’t gained blue light training.

I understand your points above and maybe the easiest way to add it in is part of an expansion as a form training but in reply to E there are times where are situations is deemed more suitable by inspectors for taser officers rather ARVs or dogs.

No two police calls are the same and can have different options to resolve, “a person with a weapon” mission could be a person with baseball bat which is going to be different to a person with an axe or knife. The location will again change how it could be dealt with.

• Well not every officer is a equiped to deal with public order whereas more often the tazer is being used, tazer will deifentily not hurt as much or subdue as much as a dog bite.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!