Alarm & Response Regulations

• Hello all!

Question about AARs. I have not had the pleasure of being able to purchase any combination engines (such as a quint, pumper-tanker, and rescue engine). I am wondering if when I dispatch them they count in the que as both of their respective classifications.

For example...

If I were to need 1 engine and 1 platform for a call, I would then (of course) select each of the types in the AAR screen and set the number required to "1". If I have a Quint stationed near the call, will the program automatically dispatch that 1 piece of apparatus to the call? Or will the program send the Quint as the primary category (engine) and send a platform truck in addition to it?

This obviously is just one example, but I just needed to know for future developments in my stations.

• Just to qualify the answers given here

ARRs do recognise dual-purpose units for both purposes but do NOT count the unit for each purpose.

What I mean is, if you have a requirement for 2 pumpers and 2 quints.

And your closest units are all quints, it will dispatch 4 quints (instead of the required 2).

Thank you,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!