Foam Engines

• there are some departments that do have foam engines, but not as a combo foam/hazmat, so while i would agree to a foam engine/tender or a foam trailer, i would not agree to a foam engine/ hazmat unit. anyway the amount of equipment carried on most haz units would be too much for a combo unit

• Talking from a UK standpoint, some pumps do carry gas tight suits and very minimal hazardous materials equipment however im not sure if thats the same over there (I would imagine that it would be a truck more than an engine if it was similar) so please let me know.

Foam is interesting, would players like to see calls possibly requiring bulk foam? From a US and UK stand point that is. I know the German game has a limited water feature but i honestly cant see how you could acurately represent that in MC as all fires are different and require different amounts of firefighting water. Plus how does the game know about hydrants etc. However a definition between foam and water (Maybe light aircraft incidents requiring foam) could work quite well.

Trailers are not in the works but is definitely something that has been considered and a plan for implementation has been drawn up. We dont want to put too much pressure on the devs though as there is still the remaining stuff for wildfire.

• Talking from a UK standpoint, some pumps do carry gas tight suits and very minimal hazardous materials equipment however im not sure if thats the same over there (I would imagine that it would be a truck more than an engine if it was similar) so please let me know.

Foam is interesting, would players like to see calls possibly requiring bulk foam? From a US and UK stand point that is. I know the German game has a limited water feature but i honestly cant see how you could acurately represent that in MC as all fires are different and require different amounts of firefighting water. Plus how does the game know about hydrants etc. However a definition between foam and water (Maybe light aircraft incidents requiring foam) could work quite well.

Trailers are not in the works but is definitely something that has been considered and a plan for implementation has been drawn up. We dont want to put too much pressure on the devs though as there is still the remaining stuff for wildfire.

Trailers are something I like the sound of; Water Trailers, Heavy Rescue trailers, hazmat trailers etc

Foam could be nice for aircraft calls, hazmat calls etc

• A good idea, linking to the request of setting our own urban and rural regions. Would be for the player to beable to say the degree of coverage of fire hydrants, so if I had a setup in Rural Texas I could put the Degree of coverage down to 5% say and more water carriers would be needed, if I had a setup in Cheshire where I am based I know the coverage of hydrants is very high so I couldput it at 100%.

For it to work you yould have tiers where 0-20% needs 4/5 water carriers
    20-40 needs 2-3
    60-80 needs 1/2 and
    100% needs 1 for the big calls/

• Trailers are not in the works but is definitely something that has been considered and a plan for implementation has been drawn up. We dont want to put too much pressure on the devs though as there is still the remaining stuff for wildfire.

Oh okay, my mistake. I thought I read somewhere that they’re in the works, but I could have read that they’re being considered and I misinterpreted that. Thanks!

• Trailers are definitely something that should be added... Foam units would be rather cool - again, something needed. They could have a chance of being required at aircraft crashes, industrial fires, tanker spills, commercial fires etc.

Hopefully the remaining wildfire content can be added soon, so that they can iron out lots of small errors and focus on other new content :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!