Major Wildfire

• Considering that you need a water tanker for every 7 stations, in this theory the major wildfire call should need 56 stations to be able to spawn, as it needs 8 water tankers. And considering I only have 26 fire stations, I shouldn't be able to get the major wildfire call as it has far too many water tankers needed. So maybe either reduce the amount of water tankers it requires or increase the required stations for the major wildfire mission.

• I would recommend investing in some Pumper Tankers if you can. If you're going realistic set-up then it may be difficult. Mine are 95% realistic. The rest I have some custom units in there to help balance out my set-up.

• Your logic isn't quite right. You don't need one for every 7 stations, you need to buy one or more once you've built your seventh station because that's when you'll start to get calls that require them. It's assumed that you have a decent setup if you've got 4 forestry expansions, 14 stations etc. 8 is a lot but the reward pays off. It's not supposed to be easy ;)

• In real life, you normally have some sort of treaty between nearby fire departments that will send units here for you. Eg. Alliance.

mutual aid, in my county because most of the departments are volunteer mutual aid is always dispatched to reports of structure fires or an alarm activation being updated as a confirmed working fire. There's always about 6 or 7 departments paged but often a bunch of them get cancelled because we don't get many severe fires. But in the end it's very helpful when your department can't get enough people to respond cause they're at work or out of town.

• Your logic isn't quite right. You don't need one for every 7 stations, you need to buy one or more once you've built your seventh station because that's when you'll start to get calls that require them. It's assumed that you have a decent setup if you've got 4 forestry expansions, 14 stations etc. 8 is a lot but the reward pays off. It's not supposed to be easy ;)

This is the logic that runs through most of the game with one of the only exceptions to this being the large wildfire, for instance with the warehouse fire you need 4 mobile air and 20 fire stations to have this mission, this is logical as a mobile air is required every 5 fire stations. I think 8 water tankers is unrealistic and very excessive. The stations in my area don't have 8 water tankers and I don't see the point of buying more to break the realism just to be able to deal with the excessive requirement of water tankers at this incident.

• So here is my view on this topic!

The logic that you need 1 water tanker for every 7 stations, 1 BASU for every 5 stations is completely wrong - You must have 1 water tanker by the time you buy your seventh station, and 1 BASU by the time you buy your fifth, but this does not carry through once you buy more stations.

In my opinion, from a UK point of view, 8 water carriers is way too much, but I presume that US Fire Departments have a lot more Water carriers that we do in the UK, so I guess it depends on what area you cover.

• So here is my view on this topic!

The logic that you need 1 water tanker for every 7 stations, 1 BASU for every 5 stations is completely wrong - You must have 1 water tanker by the time you buy your seventh station, and 1 BASU by the time you buy your fifth, but this does not carry through once you buy more stations.

In my opinion, from a UK point of view, 8 water carriers is way too much, but I presume that US Fire Departments have a lot more Water carriers that we do in the UK, so I guess it depends on what area you cover.

Yes I agree, 8 water carriers is way to many for a UK setup. My local service get lots of wildfires and we only have 3 water carriers.

• Funny you should say that, I started on the US version before the UK version was available so that's what I've been playing on since the start. A way to transfer over to the UK version would also be nice but i'm sure is very difficult to accommodate. So for my area in the UK 8 water carrier's is way too much.

• Yes I agree, 8 water carriers is way to many for a UK setup. My local service get lots of wildfires and we only have 3 water carriers.

I can't see them implemeting a mission with a requirement for 8 WrC's in the UK Game luckily!

Funny you should say that, I started on the US version before the UK version was available so that's what I've been playing on since the start. A way to transfer over to the UK version would also be nice but i'm sure is very difficult to accommodate. So for my area in the UK 8 water carrier's is way too much.

I had a couple of accounts on the US Version, probably with a total of 60.000.000 credits between them.

I was very skeptical about moving to the UK version as I had built a large area and spent a lot of time on the US game, but it is totally worth starting all over again. The UK game is very realistic and will become even more so as there some exciting updates in the works!

• I'm fairly confident that we won't be releasing calls requiring 8 water carriers in the UK game but that's not on topic. I don't have a say in what happens on the US version of the game. Regardless, however, the logic of one platform truck for every 3 stations, one rescue for every 4 simply doesn't fit. I won't list all examples but high rise fires require 13 fire stations but two mobile air, 2 platform trucks and just one rescue truck. My only recommendation is to put some trucks as pumper tankers if you're running really low on tanker trucks.

• That doesn't fit in with the realism I'm trying to achieve, I don't see the point of getting more just to meet the frankly ridiculous demand of water tankers that this call needs. I don't mind being very stretched for resources but when it gets to the point where I simply don't have enough because of the high requirement then it ruins what would be a great mission.

• It seems that the issue is that you are based in the UK but playing the US version of the game. The requirements are likely fine from a US point of view (8 water tankers is not unrealistic for a very large Australian bush fire either). Instead of trying to change the whole US version to fit the requirements of what you're trying to achieve (i.e. UK methodology) it might be a good time to consider switching to the UK version?
    Painful to start again, definitely (I did it from US to AU) but at least the requirements won't frustrate you.

• Now the game has split off into its separate versions the US game will be focusing solely on North American responses and giving those players from North America a North American environment and a true North American feel. It was toned down before because it was catering for all English speaking players however this is now no longer needed.

@VICFireis right. The logic behind the 7 stations is you will need at least 1 after that level, not 1 for every 7.

This wildfire is a Major Incident. The responses will be large. To put it into perspective, at one point, the Carr Fire in 2018 was 201,680 acres. 341 engines and 128 Water Tenders (tankers) attended this incident alongside other units, so for a “Major Incident” to only require 8 is in my opinion rather tame.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!