ARRs - Dispatching Behaviour Change

• Good Afternoon,

I have a suggestion for a change in ARR dispatching behaviour. Currently the ARR does NOT take into account dual-purpose vehicles.

For example:
    ARR Test has: 1 Engine, 1 Platform

When dispatching my top 2 vehicles are quints. So, the ARR will dispatch BOTH quints (1 being representative of the Engine and 1 being representative of the Platform).

My proposal would be for the ARR system to select vehicles based on both purposes.

For example, in the test above, it would select the first quint as an Engine, before selection the next vehicle as the platform, if the first vehicle dual-purposed for the same thing, it would NOT need to dispatch a second vehicle.

Thank you,

• I have all quints and rescue engines so to get around this I just take a fire truck off the ARR for each ladder/rescue for that call.

For example, if a call needs 2 ladders and 5 fire trucks then I just set the ARR to be 2 ladders and 3 fire trucks.

Or if a call needs 1 ladder, 2 rescues and 6 fire trucks then I set the ARR to 1 ladder, 2 rescues and 3 fire trucks.

• I have all quints and rescue engines so to get around this I just take a fire truck off the ARR for each ladder/rescue for that call.

For example, if a call needs 2 ladders and 5 fire trucks then I just set the ARR to be 2 ladders and 3 fire trucks.

Or if a call needs 1 ladder, 2 rescues and 6 fire trucks then I set the ARR to 1 ladder, 2 rescues and 3 fire trucks.

Hey Wings,

While I agree, that there are workarounds out there, if the ARR would behave accordingly, then everyone wouldn't need their own system to manage. You'd simply input what you require and your good to go.

Thank you,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!