New medical update

• Now we are getting our head around this new update.

It is great to have so no complaints there but so far what we gave noticed are a few issues.

Main one dropping the entire update in one go, this has created a major problem for every player of the game as they have had to rush through to educate staff in critical care.

This is ok for my alliance as we had the funds there for academies but for other it would be a struggle, I know myself without the alliance it would take me a while to raise the 500k to get a Academy built and with calls needing critical care I'd have filled my list with them and end up stuck. So I'd more or less be out the game for a week.

Would have been best to release the education side first then the units and call update.

I have also noticed this has created a issue for those of us who use clinics. I have several clinics that I am using as island hospitals and ambulance stations, now in real life the critical care would be provided by GP here and they are often run out of island hospitals and clinics so would be great to be Ble to train clinic staff in critical care.

We have the units avaliable in clinic but the units are useless without the training.

It would have been beneficial to announce this update this morning so we knew what we had and how to plan out the upgrades we would need to do.

• *You can choose to play without the Critical Care Training! To do that, go to "Dispatch Centre, Settings", where you can simply uncheck the box about Critical Care so that future missions will not include this requirement. This can be turned back on at any time!

This is written in the release message.

NF14 - Content Adviser Team (UK)
    Ex Emergency Operations Centre Staff
    Current Operational Ambulance Staff

• New EMS Pack is out! Dear MissionChief community,We're pleased to announce our new content pack dedicated to the British Emergency Medical Services! This pack contains the following new content and rules:1 new building- Medical School3 updated buildings- Medical Helicopter Station - can now be expanded to store up to 3 HEMS. And now you can also buy and store RVV there!- Small Ambulance Station - has new vehicles to buy.- Ambulance Station - has new vehicles to buy.3 new vehicles- Operational Team Leader- Co-Responder Vehicle- Joint Respond Unit2 new educations- Critical Care Training* - some patients require this Training to get treated, Available in Rescue School.- Co-Responder Training - required for Co-Responder Vehicle, Available in Fire Academy.Patient code rules- Now patients have one of the four codes assigned to them: C1, C2, C3, or C4. The codes affect transportation chances: C-1: 100%; C-4: 30%; while C-2 & C-3 use the chances set in missions.*You can choose to play without the Critical Care Training! To do that, go to "Dispatch Centre, Settings", where you can simply uncheck the box about Critical Care so that future missions will not include this requirement. This can be turned back on at any time!We're also announcing a 24h Double Credits event that starts right now and will last until June 18, 4 PM BST. Thank you for playing MissionChief! Stay tuned for further British medical system updates in the future! Yours,MissionChief team#

• The reason it wasn’t announced this morning is because it didn’t exist this morning. Due to the feedback from players, it was decided to add an option in that allowed the player to turn them on or off.

• So poorly planned and executed.

So the update was released this morning with intent to not have critical care turned off option, that has been added as clearly wasn't going to work without it as most players would struggle until they have sorted out their service for it. Brilliant planning fron the devs. Sounds very like a case of release it and force players to buy coins to do anything.

As to the clinics take it they are overlooked too, yet again. Do the devs actually plan how they do anything?

The double credits for 24 hours is obviously a wee bit of oops here is an event to say sorry.

No point in saying more on it as clearly won't be fairly discussed. That's already noted with your e are volunteer comments, nowhere did I have a go at any of the forum team but take my comments as you see fit.

• Sorry for a little rant here. Everyone have a right to Express what they are thinking. I know it's a small team of dev.

As feel like the hype died. Waited this long for a Half bake finish update to the ambulance side of the game. Hope theres more update to come in the next week or so.

Only one plus to this update allow more hems at a station.

• Always good to see updates but this one has been a nightmare today. Re adjusting everything I have. Multiple missions require the team leader.
    My question is how do people recommend setting up the training for critical care? I’ve already got a mission that needs 20 :/. Do we aim to train all ambulance staff baring in mind I have nearly 450 ambulance staff. Then the training building being an alliance one it has to be made fair to my alliance members. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also I have turned it off for now until I can train staff.

• So it was poorly executed because the option to turn off calls wasn’t added in the morning but now it’s poorly executed because it was added, I’m confused?

Clinics were overlooked on purpose as you wouldn’t normally find a critical care doctor or paramedic at a local clinic/minor injuries unit. However, if the community want to see it, then we can get it added.

I think you will find there is a 24 hour double credit event released with every content update on every platform.

I'm still confused, who do we give critical care training to? Is there a vehicle I'm missing or something?

Critical care training was implemented the way it is so that you can make any RRV into a critical care car and then the HEMS can also be critical care.

So those who have ambulance extensions on fire stations u need to use the co responder for patients to receive medical care

No, the CRV is designed as a vehicle that players can buy at a fire station instead of having to spend 100K on an expansion. This will count as an RRV on medical missions but isn’t required for any calls.

Sorry for a little rant here. Everyone have a right to Express what they are thinking. I know it's a small team of dev.

As feel like the hype died. Waited this long for a Half bake finish update to the ambulance side of the game. Hope theres more update to come in the next week or so.

Only one plus to this update allow more hems at a station.

You are absolutely allowed to rant and express your opinion. There will be more parts to this update, the update was actually supposed to be a bit larger than this but was broken up a bit more.

Always good to see updates but this one has been a nightmare today. Re adjusting everything I have. Multiple missions require the team leader.
    My question is how do people recommend setting up the training for critical care? I’ve already got a mission that needs 20 :/. Do we aim to train all ambulance staff baring in mind I have nearly 450 ambulance staff. Then the training building being an alliance one it has to be made fair to my alliance members. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also I have turned it off for now until I can train staff.

It shouldn’t be 1 patient per critical care paramedic, it should be 1 per incident so I’ll look into that as a bug. Personally how I’m going to set it up in my game is to have trained staff at HEMS bases with RRV’s and Helicopters and then utilise local BASICS teams, the largest I have found has 25 responders on it. Some ambulance services also have several higher trained paramedics like for example LAS with their Advanced Paramedics.

• Thank you for the reply. I’m not too sure then it just says I have 20 patients each with the critical care needed on them. I’m not able to send 1 there to find out yet until the buildings done. If it is the case of 1 per incident then what you said would be my plan of action.
    Also what does the joint response vehicle do? Haven’t had any requirements yet.

• Thank you for the reply. I’m not too sure then it just says I have 20 patients each with the critical care needed on them. I’m not able to send 1 there to find out yet until the buildings done. If it is the case of 1 per incident then what you said would be my plan of action.
    Also what does the joint response vehicle do? Haven’t had any requirements yet.

JRU counts as a combination as RRV and IRV. It should be able to clear things like alcoholic intoxication by itself

• @TACRfan The bug about 10 CC Paramedics being needed is not a bug per say, it says 10 but you only need to send one. I have has no issues on the big missions where it says it needs 6 and I only sent one and it has been fine.

EDIT- I am now getting the issue mentioned.

• I like how you say critical care isn't needed at clinics.

It's a clear issue that no one is considering how some rural clinics operate.

Some locations do have doctors/staff on site that provide critical care.

This generalisation that clinics are minor injury units/local isn't good.

I know within Scotland rural and island clinics offer critical care during emergencies as they have staff there that provide not just their basic normal care but double up to provide critical care. I also believe similar arrangement are set in rural locations in the rest of the UK and Ireland.

So surely adding critical care to clinics would be very beneficial to those of us working to build a realistic set up.

• Then that’s fine, as I say if the community wants it then we can try to get it added. It’s not a big deal.

• Im a bit confused by this, are you suggesting a clinic could handle a major trauma. Its not about the staff, ye by all means you could have the best trauma team in the world, but without the facilities it wouldnt work? A clinical wouldn't have xray, ct, mri, operating theatres, emergency department with resus, blood bank etc etc

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!