Different types of parking spaces at the fire station

• I think this could be added by having a parking lot space. I think this should be added because most of the local stations around me have there battalion cars and fly-cars parked out side in the parking lot and I think it should cost a lot less than 100,000 to add to the station but
    maybe you can make it where only a battalion chief or fly-car can be parked there

Images

• image.jpeg
    • image.jpeg

A Member of the U.S Emergency Services Alliance

• I would love to see a similar idea like this because since my department is based in Chicago I will be able to put a space for spare rigs like the real Chicago Fire Department. I'll even be able to put the rigs there from Chicago fire as that's where they are put when the show's not being filmed because they are actual units but they are spares they only get used when a squad, ambo, or a battalion is in the shop also fun fact did you know Engine 51 never gets put into the spare yard because it is a rig that is actually in service Engine 51 is the only rig out of all of the units on the T.V. show that is a unit used in service; even when the show is filming thats why when the alarm tones drop on the show Engine 51 barely ever gets called out because it's out on a run. It is seen responding to the shows calls because they are able to get a shot of it responding to a real run but they use the other units as background units to make it seem as if it's responding to their call; when it gets done with it's real run they simply put it at their call scene to make it seem aas if it's been there the whole time barely ever will you find that they did not have to do this.

• I think this could be added by having a parking lot space. I think this should be added because most of the local stations around me have there battalion cars and fly-cars parked out side in the parking lot and I think it should cost a lot less than 100,000 to add to the station but
    maybe you can make it where only a battalion chief or fly-car can be parked there

I think that is a great Idea, another option that could be added also is that way units from other stations can cover here, if these units are out on a run.

• Commonly known as a staging area........ which we already have......

What they mean is that units can use this space to cover units that are already out on a run it is commonly done to volunteer fire departments around my area where the whole house is on a run or cannot provide adiquite fire protection to the area they cover, units from another district nearby will park their units in the station and cover that area until they get back.

• Understand. It's called backfilling. That's the point of the staging areas that we have!

No it's not the point to having a staging area, it is so units can stage at a location so they can respond when needed, not to cover a certain district. Units are sent to an area to stage so if they are needed for support they are already there and ready to assist if needed. Understand one thing a staging area is only used for incidents while backfilling is only used when a department (mostly volunteer) does not have an adequate amount of resources to provide fire protection or EMS services because they are out on a run.

• No it's not the point to having a staging area, it is so units can stage at a location so they can respond when needed, not to cover a certain district. Units are sent to an area to stage so if they are needed for support they are already there and ready to assist if needed. Understand one thing a staging area is only used for incidents while backfilling is only used when a department (mostly volunteer) does not have an adequate amount of resources to provide fire protection or EMS services because they are out on a run.

The staging area was developed as an alternative to the request for a backfilling feature that myself and some others made. The facebook announcements specifically mentions covering other districts.

• So, realistically (where I live), a staging area is where a unit (usually Fire Dept or EMS) will wait for a police officer to get on scene at a call before they go on scene, the staging area is nothing predetermined, it is usually just a driveway or parking lot nearby of the call... it may only be used for a couple of minutes...

However, if a unit gets called out, a unit from a town nearby will move to the most centralized coverage location (usually a different EMS station or a fire dept), until other units get back in service.

• so they are basically staging at another fire station

Just because they call it a staging area doesn't mean it has to be used only as that ive used it as a temporary fire station once while i saved creadits

Um yeah it does is there an incident occuring no there is not a stagging area is only used for INCIDENTS only that is all they are used for and thats why they were added to the game to have a relistic feel to the game as in real life. You do not use a stagging area for the heck of it to just send units there when they are not responding to an emergency that is just a waste and not to mention blocking and backing up traffic for no reason.

• How I read the original post is that to permeantly accommodate a smaller vehicle, like the battalion chief you need to expand your station at a cost of 100k. The suggestion being a parking space outside is sufficient for such vehicle but doesn't justify a 100k cost.

How a staging area comes into I don't know. You can't even buy a battalion chief vehicle without paying to expand the station first. Thus you've hit your issue already. A staging area is going to be no good as you need to expand and buy the vehicle first. Even if you move a vehicle to a staging area it's still holding up one vehicle slot at the station.

The topic changed when someone suggested having that spot shared for other units. Such idea has been discussed in detail before and the staging area somewhat resolved that idea; however to the original post bares no relevance. Gavin is simply trying to straighten the conversation so feedback can be obtained for the original idea OP suggested. It's not an abuse of powers or whatever you think it is. You cannot say the original post and staging areas have any direct connection.

They'll be no further conversation on this matter. If you're still keen to discuss send me a PM.

• You made it sound easier to explain than how Gavin explained it thanks Jason. He made it sound to me as if he was saying oh I don't like the way this conversation is going to next time someone talks about it I'm deleting the post hence why I said "don't tell me you want to abuse your powers only because ..." but you you made it sound so much easier to understand.

• How I read the original post is that to permeantly accommodate a smaller vehicle, like the battalion chief you need to expand your station at a cost of 100k. The suggestion being a parking space outside is sufficient for such vehicle but doesn't justify a 100k cost.

that's exactly what I was going for, and like you said I have no clue how staging area fits in.
    Thanks to the Mods for taking control of the staging area argument :D

• If we can't keep the content related to the topic at hand, the topic will be locked. We are discussing an additional type of parking, and not anything else. If there are any questions about this, you are welcome to PM me.

So blaze, if an outside parking spot were to implemented what were you thinking the cost would be compared to normal parking?

• Maybe you could have two different types, gravel parking area this is for battalion chiefs only(15K) and a concrete one which could have both utility trucks and battalion chief (25K). These prices would not increase like fire station expansions now you would be able to have two or three before a price increase.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!