Alliance names

• Great to see an alliance changing their name to be exactly the same as my alliance.

United Kingdom Emergency Response.

We have used the UKER abbreviation too.

It's not original, fair or respectful to other alliances.

Also the alliance that has copied our name is known to spam members of other alliances with mesges to entice players to switch.

All for competition and that but come on be unique with your name.

• This is interesting, I always thought it was a single use thing so only one person can use a name. Ill see if this can be implemented. Do you have links to your alliance and the other one?

• This is interesting, I always thought it was a single use thing so only one person can use a name. Ill see if this can be implemented. Do you have links to your alliance and the other one?

They have decided to add UKER to front of their name to make it different.

No issue with anyone using that abbreviation as there are lots that can.

They then use the UK Emergency Response name

Now every other alliance that uses UK Emergency Response have added an word to their name like team, unit ect which clearly distinguishes them.

The alliance admin messaged me saying they use to have tactical in their old name before changing to Emergency Group and then changing to what they are now.

My alliance is https://www.missionchief.co.uk/alliances/33

Theres is https://www.missionchief.co.uk/alliances/580

• Hi there,

We've joined this thread to defend ourselves, we changed from Emergency Group to UK Emergency to UK Emergency Response so we had already been known as UK Emergency before we added Response onto the end.

We'd like to discuss this matter with the admins as we have dedicated our time and own money into building our alliance (whilst not relying on the forums) or begging for members (regardless what gorilla said).

Kind regards,
    UK Emergency Response

• A perfectly reasonable proposal was put forward by one of your group.

But clearly you didn't fancy changing it.

It is not my problem that you have paid money for servers, domains and a website. So why bring that up. In the chat you sent me.

You asked what could be done to resolve it and I said change your name.

As stated above absolutely no issue with using UK Emergency Response but do like others have done. They have added either unit, team or another word to end of it.

Also no objection to use of UKER as your proposal dropped this in favour of UK Emergency Rescue

UKER can be used by a few alliances as a acronym/abbreviation and should be used as such and not as part of a name to distinguish from others.

• Hi there,

We'll await comment from the administrators on this matter.

NOTE TO MISSIONCHIEF OWNERS/ADMINS:
    Please be aware gorilla is not the owner of the alliance, he's currently the temporary admin whilst the owner is unavailable so he has no real ownership of the alliance he's mentioning.

Kind regards,
    UK Emergency Response

• As to alliance ownership and admin.

I am one of the main admin for the original UK Emergency Response

Our founder stepped back from the alliance running as he had other things going on and not having time.

The current "chief" has had to step back due to very personal reasons and asked me to take on running the alliance.

So before you continue to assume what's going on get facts correct.

I've never once said I had rights to anything either.

• Hi there,

So what you're saying is, you're coming after our alliance with no actual legal right to do so as you're not the founder/owner of the alliance?

We'll leave this to the MC admins/moderators to deal with and until we hear from them we'll be taking no further action or replying to replies by yourself.

Kind regards,
    UK Emergency Response

• If you have no ownership and are temporarily admin then you can't enforce people to change their name. In copyright law you don't have a leg to stand on

• Copyright law? Don't make me laugh.

Look.. This is just a game.

I understand the frustration about the name etc but if both your alliances are so good and well established as you say then the reputation of the alliances is enough to make you stand out from others.

We all know how much the admins, mods whoever you want to bring into it have on their plate with the updates we're all waiting patiently for so let's not add this to their workload.

Sort it out privately.

• Right I’m going to end this here. Everyone can forget the “legal” rights to anything. The alliance owner is who has control of the alliance, that’s it, no temporary owners. There is only one. There is no legal issue here, your alliance names are not trademarked and as far as I am aware could not be trademarked as they are within the game of missionchief.

This whole situation with poaching, copying is starting to get ridiculous and petty. Make your own alliance stand out and show why you are better than the others. If you don’t like receiving messages form someone, block them, it’s not too difficult. By bickering all you are doing is damaging the reputation of both of your alliances.

Thread closed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!