Ambulances Transport Right Patients Types

• for mass casualty incidents, you have als crews assigned to pick up Alpha & Bravo call types. I’ve had 10 ambulances dispatched to an earthquake with a mix of call types. ALS ambulances will transport A/B patients when they should be attending to C/D/E patients. It would be nice if the correct asset treats the appropriate victim. When they treat the A/B patients, the BLS crew dispatched will require another EMS asset to respond. Also, why can’t a BLS crew have a QRV Medic or Shift captain jump on board to make an ALS crew? It does happen in the real world.

Also, the maximum number of crew for HEMS is 1. There’s usually 2-3 minimum. 1 pilot and 2 medical crew. Maryland SHP flies medevac with 2 pilots and 1 medical crew. Trained crew members should be able to be assigned across stations. For example, why can’t a deputy who’s been through aviation training be “promoted’ to police aviation? Instead, you have to hire new personnel and pay to train them.

• for mass casualty incidents, you have als crews assigned to pick up Alpha & Bravo call types. I’ve had 10 ambulances dispatched to an earthquake with a mix of call types. ALS ambulances will transport A/B patients when they should be attending to C/D/E patients. It would be nice if the correct asset treats the appropriate victim. When they treat the A/B patients, the BLS crew dispatched will require another EMS asset to respond. Also, why can’t a BLS crew have a QRV Medic or Shift captain jump on board to make an ALS crew? It does happen in the real world.

Also, the maximum number of crew for HEMS is 1. There’s usually 2-3 minimum. 1 pilot and 2 medical crew. Maryland SHP flies medevac with 2 pilots and 1 medical crew. Trained crew members should be able to be assigned across stations. For example, why can’t a deputy who’s been through aviation training be “promoted’ to police aviation? Instead, you have to hire new personnel and pay to train them.

This is the UK forum. Not sure if you're playing the UK or US game, but it's done very differently over here in terms of patient categories and crewing etc.

I appreciate what you're saying about critical assets treating critical patients and not lower acuity patients; I totally agree with this idea, the game needs to implore some intelligence.

I'd also like to see more staff on the HEMS vehicles.

NF14 - Content Adviser Team (UK)
    Ex Emergency Operations Centre Staff
    Current Operational Ambulance Staff

• Yeah ideally the medical system could do with being a whole lot more intelligent but we work with what we have at the moment. HMES Personnel increase is something thats in the works, increasing from 1 to a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!