Brush/Wildland in small stations

• Many rural stations have brush units in their station . Doesn't seem necessary to upgrade to a large station to house a brush unit.

Even if it's only a type 6 or 7 brush unit allowed in a small station (basically a utility truck with a small pump/tank) it would improve small stations

Fire1664Man,

I am gonna have to debate against this unfortunately as I wouldn't personally feel very satisfied if I could easily build a small station for cheaper, buy the wildland expansion for as much as the small station itself costs, then buy a few thousand $ apparatus for wildlands. That wouldn't really be very satisfying to me as I would like to feel the sudden accomplishment of getting the 100K for the building upgrade, then buying the expansion and waiting the allotted times for them, etc.

Also keep in mind its not just the wildland expansions that are like this. Some stations have maybe 1 or 2 engines and an ambulance but you still need to upgrade to a Large Station or buy a Large Station off the bat and then purchase the appropriate expansion.

Like I previously stated, I would just not feel an appreciated amount of accomplishment in me if I could easily get expansion units.

Sincerely,
    SemperDeadly

• Many rural stations have brush units in their station . Doesn't seem necessary to upgrade to a large station to house a brush unit.

Even if it's only a type 6 or 7 brush unit allowed in a small station (basically a utility truck with a small pump/tank) it would improve small stations

The Devs have already said this is on their list to add. Wildland camps will hopefully be also added.

• I agree with @SemperDeadly it shouldn't be added.
    The confusion comes from the naming "Small" and "Large". If you think of a station that has the wildland abilities as having to be large then yes it makes sense that it should be added to small stations because a lot (even most?) of them would only be small.
    However all expansions are, and I think should remain, a higher adaptation of the game. Something that comes later and should cost more via the purchase of a "large" fire station.

To fix up the confusion why not just change the stations names to "Basic fire station" and "Advanced fire station"? - Or similar. Something that doesn't refer to their size which is where the confusion is coming from.

Otherwise what about ambulance extensions? - as @SemperDeadly suggested. Are we going to make them available at "small" stations too? There are tons of stations around with ambulances and only a couple of fire trucks. What about ARFF? Many of them (in fact most) have only a few tenders.

• ]ARFF has nothing to do with the price of tea in China ... This has to do with rural stations . Like I said make a class 6 or 7 brush available that is only good for actual Wildland calls but nothing else , similar to the ability to now put Pumper Tankers now in small stations. A 6 or 7 brush truck in Appalachia is just a beat up pick-up or Jeep with a poly tank of about 200 gal and a utility farm style pump... I wouldn't quite call that more than a Utility vehicle with a 100 dollar stock tank. Brush engines or anything bigger for Wildland sure that could take an expansion.

• I think an alternative would be create wildfire stations or even better rural stations. In my county alone you have two very different stations. The urban stations while some are pretty small in size and don't have a rescue truck assigned, the rural stations tend to be anything from a garage to a small steel building with a tanker or two and a old army truck with a hose reel and tank and perhaps an engine. I have always felt this game was designed for urban environments and it shows. Not a hit against the game but as it grew here in the US for example things just didn't fit too well. There are some county's that have stations that would rival a major city then there are those that have an old garage with the tanker and converted 5 ton truck outside and the used engine in the garage. Instead of adding an extension to large stations, have a wildfire/urban station that is restricted in it's size and use of extensions.

• I think an alternative would be create wildfire stations or even better rural stations. In my county alone you have two very different stations. The urban stations while some are pretty small in size and don't have a rescue truck assigned, the rural stations tend to be anything from a garage to a small steel building with a tanker or two and a old army truck with a hose reel and tank and perhaps an engine. I have always felt this game was designed for urban environments and it shows. Not a hit against the game but as it grew here in the US for example things just didn't fit too well. There are some county's that have stations that would rival a major city then there are those that have an old garage with the tanker and converted 5 ton truck outside and the used engine in the garage. Instead of adding an extension to large stations, have a wildfire/urban station that is restricted in it's size and use of extensions.

Barake,

I believe that is what they are coming out with so this would actually help almost all of us and give us what we are looking for. We just have to wait for a release / update for it to come out.

Sincerely,
    SemperDeadly

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!