• Be able to lower SWAT crew size from 6 ->2 12

1. Yes (8) 67%
    2. No (4) 33%

Yes i know the game is based in America but SWAT in the UK or "armed response units" as we call them don't carry 6 crew, the max in a car in the UK is 4. So when i went to lower it in game why is the permanently stuck at 6. I find this unfair as all other units in game have the ability to change the number of crew, why is SWAT different??

I know a lot of the UK players will support me when i request that you allow us to lover the crew numbers in a car from 6 -> 2 just like all other units in game.

• I suggested this but told that a SWAT team with two people in a vehicle is not realistic. Or at least two people dealing with a SWAT mission was unrealistic. Obviously the game doesn't consider how many persons are at a job but number of vehicles.

It's a bit baffling because your 6 crew type 1 fire truck can be deployed with 1 person and I don't think there is any vehicle that is not able to deploy with 1 person. It could be argued this is not realistic also.

I have 3 SWAT vehicles (which is 40% of my SWAT capability for my area) and 6 officers in training. What I intend on trying is seeing if I can assign 2 per vehicle and see if it will deploy them with just two and not try and fill one car before allowing me to deploy the next. That may well be a solution to this and having considered that you need trained officers to use these vehicles it's something I expect people would do anyway.

• The Los Angeles Police Department's Special Weapons And Tactics division use Ford Explorer SUVs:

This is the same for the New York City Police Department's Emergency Service Unit:

Here's a Chevrolet Tahoe used by the Boston PD's SWAT:

Not only SUVs are used. But also saloons. As seen here when an LAPD SWAT team in a slicktop Chevrolet Caprice confront a suspect armed with an AK-47 as seen at 3:28:

This vehicle only had three officers in it but you can tell they're SWAT due to their weaponary and clothing (helmets, vests...etc. and the fact that one guy is wearing shorts, which is fashionable amongst SWAT officers in the USA don't ask me why).

My point is that much like the UK, the USA also uses regular cars for SWAT teams, and these cars CANNOT carry six people.
    This is why I suggest either there's a SWAT truck and a SWAT car, or you limit the personnel on the vehicle to a minimum of one person with a maximum of twelve people.

Twelve you say?
    It all depends on the vehicle and the department. Some SWAT trucks will carry less crew depending on how the vehicle is laid out - if you have seats you will have a specific number.
    But a lot of SWAT trucks have benches (pictured)
    [Blocked Image: http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/article/n0uwwt-b781217958z.120140211161434000gha1hv3tg.1.jpg]With benches you can fit a lot more people on them.
    There's already two people in the cab of the vehicle, or four people depending on what the cab is. There will be a good six or eight more in the back. That's of course if you're responding with a full turnout.
    Sometimes they only have one guy driving the truck and four in the back - that'd be five personnel.

This video shows SWAT trucks with more than six crew - they even have the officers hanging on the side and the back, with a dog too!

• Yes Cobra, :) :)

Proof there that not all SWAT units carry 6 crew and so should be changed to allow different numbers, or as Cobra mentioned have a SWAT truck and SWAT car. The car being able to carry 4 and the truck being able to carry more. :thumbsup: :thumbup:

• where i am swat or police special operations patrols in vehicles with there kit in the back and respond to normal calls then when there is swat situation that requires a swat vechile the bear cat as seen above is driven by swat members from a station with things like command vechiles ect

• where i am swat or police special operations patrols in vehicles with there kit in the back and respond to normal calls then when there is swat situation that requires a swat vechile the bear cat as seen above is driven by swat members from a station with things like command vechiles ect

Yes this is very true. And this is how the majority of US police departments operate. The same is for the UK. They have patrols for firearms teams but if necessary can bring out the big armoured trucks.

• Swat trucks should stay with a staffing of 6 to make it more realistic. For what I can tell the swat unit would be the same to an armored truck or a barecat. With units like this you would normally run a team of 4-6 people. Running a truck like this with 2 people would not be very realistic, Also I do know there are cities that run smaller armed units for some of their callls but with the type of calls we have like warrants, and active shooters most departments would active their higher end swat units.

• as in you can have swat trained people in normal patrol cars and it would still count in tge personal requirement

For example

I have 6 swat officer 2 stay at base and the other 4 patrol like normal cops
    When the swst call comes in the 2 people at base drive the swat truck the other 4 swat trained respond aswell
    When the swat truck arrives it doesn't count till all 6 officers are on scene

If you need me to explain more im happy to do so

• The Minimum should be 2, and This game is all about realism, if you want to play properly, you should have 6 in the US, but in the UK, we should be allowed 2

This is where is becomes tricky to meet all the correct requirements of every city or country so you have to make a decision on what the majority would like or how you feel the majority of places are setup and sometimes it is not always right in everyone's eyes. Doesn't mean it is broken just because it may not match what you are use to seeing. As much as I would like to see this game realistic I know sometimes it is hard to make things perfectly realistic for everyone that plays. I feel that most places are going to have some form of a larger swat truck like an armored truck and I think this is what the game is basing this unit off of. Yes I get that some places have smaller units or use SUV units but you can't make 1 in game unit match the setup of of millions of departments worldwide. If you are a department running trucks like this you are not going to send it out with two units that is a waste of resources. Sometimes you just have to take something for what it is if this is how the game has swat units based (off of an armored truck) then this is how they should run in game if they were based on a smaller swat SUV then I could see the need for change. There are simple rules you have to consider is it broken? or is this really hurting the gameplay? Either way you look at it it will always be wrong in someones eyes you can't please everyone!

• This is where is becomes tricky to meet all the correct requirements of every city or country so you have to make a decision on what the majority would like or how you feel the majority of places are setup and sometimes it is not always right in everyone's eyes. Doesn't mean it is broken just because it may not match what you are use to seeing. As much as I would like to see this game realistic I know sometimes it is hard to make things perfectly realistic for everyone that plays. I feel that most places are going to have some form of a larger swat truck like an armored truck and I think this is what the game is basing this unit off of. Yes I get that some places have smaller units or use SUV units but you can't make 1 in game unit match the setup of of millions of departments worldwide. If you are a department running trucks like this you are not going to send it out with two units that is a waste of resources. Sometimes you just have to take something for what it is if this is how the game has swat units based (off of an armored truck) then this is how they should run in game if they were based on a smaller swat SUV then I could see the need for change. There are simple rules you have to consider is it broken? or is this really hurting the gameplay? Either way you look at it it will always be wrong in someones eyes you can't please everyone!

I defintely think there should be 2 types of swat unit, and UK players could use both, they would both do the same just one would carry more officers.

Here is a UK and US version of swat truck, SWAT Truck can carry 6 officers like it is now

Here is a UK and US version of a swat SUV, The SUV can carry 2 - 4 SWAT Officers.

• This is where is becomes tricky to meet all the correct requirements of every city or country so you have to make a decision on what the majority would like or how you feel the majority of places are setup and sometimes it is not always right in everyone's eyes. Doesn't mean it is broken just because it may not match what you are use to seeing. As much as I would like to see this game realistic I know sometimes it is hard to make things perfectly realistic for everyone that plays. I feel that most places are going to have some form of a larger swat truck like an armored truck and I think this is what the game is basing this unit off of. Yes I get that some places have smaller units or use SUV units but you can't make 1 in game unit match the setup of of millions of departments worldwide. If you are a department running trucks like this you are not going to send it out with two units that is a waste of resources. Sometimes you just have to take something for what it is if this is how the game has swat units based (off of an armored truck) then this is how they should run in game if they were based on a smaller swat SUV then I could see the need for change. There are simple rules you have to consider is it broken? or is this really hurting the gameplay? Either way you look at it it will always be wrong in someones eyes you can't please everyone!

But as cobra has already posted NYPD use normal cars so what you are saying isn't 100% true about America. The UK run 2 or 4 in a BMW x5 or any other big 4x4 car. Only London use these so called bear units. All we ask as UK players is the crew be allowed to run with just 2 staff at a minimum. It has been stated by a friend of the developer the calls don't go on the number of people at a mission but the number of units. So you could run 5 trucks to mission and it would still count.

It has been stated so many times by people that America runs differently to the UK but unfortunately as English version isn't on the cards and the only other game closer to what the UK runs is the Dutch version but most of us don't know Dutch so we just make do with the USA version and request what we would like to see.

• Also - Should SWAT cars Be able to respond to regular emergency's. Certainly in the UK they do. Anyone think different?

There is an easy way to handle this. Send em. Due to the fact that I am recreating departments across the US, I toss in SWAT units on my PD calls some times as they normally would. And to the fact of all of the controversy on how many people need to be in a SWAT truck. The SWAT units need to be divided into two different units. Have the SWAT truck which takes place of your large bear cats and armored trucks then have a tactical truck which is your SUVs and smaller vehicles. Add in a couple other type of High Risk police calls with this and you'll have the amount of calls that you can need the two at different times.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!