Staff Promotions

• So, one of the areas I feel has been glossed over a little is the staffing in the game - specifically how they all have names and training but no ranks themselves. I would love to see a (toggle-able) feature which would allow players to promote certain staff members based on the number per station to a certain level. To take policing as an example for every 10 staff members, you have a Sgt (first rank up) then for every 20, an Insp. So say you have 30 staff, then you get 1 Insp, 3 Sgts and the rest Constables. I would also love to see auto-generated staff names with corresponding PC / Paramedic / FF prefaces to their names etc...

For higher ranks it could be based on the number of stations you have of that type - every 3 police stations you are allowed to train 1 Chief Insp; every 10, a Supt; every 20, Chief Supt; then at 30 you get 1 Assistant Chief Constable; at 40, 1 DCC; and 50 gets you a Chief Constable (1xmax of each of the top three to make it realistic?) So say you have 36 Stations, then you would have maybe 11 C/Insp, 3 Supts, 1 C/Supt and an ACC. Each could add some benefit to being deployed (or even become *TOGGLE-ABLE* mission requirements to go alongside the larger missions).

It would also allow realisim for operations such as with firearms you could have a firearm trained Sgt, Insp and Supt as Bronze, Silver & Gold etc...

I know the devs have loads of versions of the game to update and we might never see this come to reality (assuming it's wanted), but I would love just a little more detail and depth into the staff besides name and education.

I am keen to hear community feedback and especially keen to hear if the content advisors have any input on how this could be made more realistic / generic for the whole of the UK, and whether it's feesable in terms of how the game works coding-wise.

• Whitchit,

I absolutely love this idea!! I think the naming however would be difficult, simply because not each department would run constables and some of us have no idea what exactly a constable is.

The general idea is awesome, but I think maybe we just make a simplified thing such as
    • Firefighter / Police Officer / EMT / Paramedic
    • Lieutenant
    • Captain
    • Assistant Chief
    • Deputy Chief
    • Chief
    or something along the lines of that ^

Would just make a simplified overall system and would be cool to assign Lt’s to each truck that’s in charge of the apparatus and then the rest just normal employees.

Anybody else have any good input? Overall I’d love to see this implemented but might be a very long time until we see this.

Sincerely,
    SemperDeadly

• Love the idea, this is the UK server forum so wasn't really looking at US naming conventions really. But sure, make it as vague as you like for each server to cover the relevent dialect as broadly as you wish

• Well, they shouldnt have to start dozens of version of the game for a start.... and having no source to properly manage all. Nvm.

The above would be great, but i think seeing bigger problems not solved yet, more useable ideas not implemented, i have doubts.
    Meanwhile you can rename every staff of yours, and add ranks to their names as well.

• Well, they shouldnt have to start dozens of version of the game for a start.... and having no source to properly manage all. Nvm.

The above would be great, but i think seeing bigger problems not solved yet, more useable ideas not implemented, i have doubts.
    Meanwhile you can rename every staff of yours, and add ranks to their names as well.

I appreciate the scepticism, but will not be renaming literally over 1000 staff members by hand... thanks for the input though

• I like this idea a lot, as I currently have gone to the effort of naming nearly all my staff with fitting rank/role.

Your suggestion for police sounds as if it would work or rather I think it sounds fitting (I’m not sure how the game runs and if this can be accomplished) However I’m not to sure how the Ambulance service side of things would work as different Trusts have different names for ranks/roles. I think most Fire mostly are the same but am aware of a few that differ.

My suggestion is that they implement they same system as creating your own ARR category,

Create your own Rank>Save it>Go to personal>Select your chosen rank your personal list.

Overall, I still like and think your ideas work and are beneficial to the game as this is mcUnitedKingdom they are attributes of our emergency services.

• I hadn’t considered making them personal / interchangeable per user, but that makes a lot of sense - give for example 10 police / fire / amb ranks (or however many suits overall) and let users customise the names of them without changing the overall use - like with custom vehicle classes etc.

Hopefully that would work better than just using a generic rank structure as that may appeal to fewer players

• I hadn’t considered making them personal / interchangeable per user, but that makes a lot of sense - give for example 10 police / fire / amb ranks (or however many suits overall) and let users customise the names of them without changing the overall use - like with custom vehicle classes etc.
    Hopefully that would work better than just using a generic rank structure as that may appeal to fewer players

Yes, that's what I was getting at you've sort of simplified if for me with a lot less waffle then myself thanks :thumbsup: I still think it would be great to see an addition of similar to the game as its just another item to add realism which I understand a lot of players are after; or at least a tailored UK version.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!