Airborne Firefighting Change Plane Response Time?

• Air Drop helicopters and the air tankers have a huge price difference but yet the do the exact same thing and if responding from the same station they have the same response time. Why is that? I would suggest that the the air tankers should have a faster response time instead of having the same time as the helicopter? Plus planes do have a higher average speed than the helicopters in real life. IMO this would convince me to spend the extra 700 K or the extra 1.2 mil. What do you guys think?

• Air Drop helicopters and the air tankers have a huge price difference but yet the do the exact same thing and if responding from the same station they have the same response time. Why is that? I would suggest that the the air tankers should have a faster response time instead of having the same time as the helicopter? Plus planes do have a higher average speed than the helicopters in real life. IMO this would convince me to spend the extra 700 K or the extra 1.2 mil. What do you guys think?

I believe this is due to the fact the game uses regular distance calculation as you would in a normal car going on a trip. This is in the end hard-coded from the map system from what I understand. Speeding up specific vehicles has been suggested many times, and this has always been the response.

Alliance : U.S. Emergency Services
    Captain
    Joined the game on August 1st, 2016.
    3m Earned Credits as of 12/9/17
    5m Earned Credits as of 07/1/18

• I believe this is due to the fact the game uses regular distance calculation as you would in a normal car going on a trip. This is in the end hard-coded from the map system from what I understand. Speeding up specific vehicles has been suggested many times, and this has always been the response.

Understandable, its just kinda dumb where it takes over 15 hours for a plane to fly across the states where it should be 5 hours.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!