Fire Vehicle Workshop

• I'm sure this has been brought up before and I know I've seen this on the MissionChief Facebook page but I wanted to bring this back up as I feel that it could be both a great gameplay addition as well as a good money-maker for the development team.

The Fire Vehicle Workshop, a place where players can combine up to say 3 apparatus functions into one. The American Fire Service differs from the European side in that we have more combination vehicles rather than specialized ones. In much of America, Heavy Rescues are less common because Ladder Companies handle vehicle extrication. Being able to pay credits to combine the functions of an Engine, Ladder, and Rescue would benefit a large number of realistic players greatly and I'm sure they wouldn't mind it being locked behind the Captain rank or having a time set on vehicle upgrades. Just in my setup I can think of several vehicles that are 3-in-1s:

Tanker 304 - Engine-Tanker-Rescue
    Ladder 11, 1, 4, 27, etc - Engine-Platform-Rescue
    Rescue 71 - Rescue-Air-Command
    Rescue 128 - Rescue-Air-HazMat
    Truck 1019 - Engine-Rescue-Air

The list goes on but I've made my point.

Worldwide Dispatch Services (formerly USND) has numerous players that build realistically and we're constantly struggling to find out how to accurately represent vehicles within the game. I'm certain that with the addition of a system like this coin sales would skyrocket as players scramble to get their fleets right. Not to mention players that don't build realistically also taking advantage of this to further develop their setups.

• I love the idea. I agree with it as well. But, the devs made a Pumper Tanker unit and obviously it was a bit to easy for people to get the minimum requirement.

Making a combo unit for rescues-platforms-engines that just really defeats the purpose for having many of the units already in game. Even if it was locked until Captain afterwards it would be such a major change it would probably mess up how many of us have set up our stations, realistic or not.

I agree with you in the ladders going to missions like vehicle entrapment and some light rescue missions, I think the best remedy to that would be a ladder + rescue.

Also, while building realistically right now I haven’t hit anything major I would like a 3 in 1 combo unit.

• Making a combo unit for rescues-platforms-engines that just really defeats the purpose for having many of the units already in game. Even if it was locked until Captain afterwards it would be such a major change it would probably mess up how many of us have set up our stations, realistic or not.

While I do agree that this function would make some vehicles "obsolete", I don't feel that the purpose of this game is to provide a challenge in that sense. I personally enjoy the challenge of seeing just how much a realistic setup of my hometown could handle and I feel like many other realistic builders are the same, though I don't know for certain. I'm not going to pretend to be a spokesperson or anything, I just feel like having the option for making our own combinations would be a welcome addition even if not everyone took full advantage of it. There's some unique combination units out there and I feel like the devs would have an easier time allowing us to create our own units rather than having everyone requesting really specific units to be added, especially if it's something obscure :D

• I do agree with that perspective. Currently I am building up Silicon Valley fully realistically and I really do want to see the missions it can handle. (Especially with Wildland).

I mean, I would love it but it still just won’t work from a game perspective like this game.

I dunno if maybe the EMS engines could go for a rescue in a vehicle entrapment. If it’s like a EMS ladder or engine it can also count as a rescue or maybe a “EMS Rescue” Other missions would still require rescue engines or rescues however. I think that would help ease that problem.

Honestly, I would just like EMS engines and a more realistic rescue function to the game. IK they are coming though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!