Community Feedback

• So I'd like to hear the MissionChief Communities feedback on how things are going so far. How is the Moderation Team doing? How is our communication with you guys? Are we answering all your questions? Are we communicating with you enough? Are you satisfied with the content updates? What would you like to see more of? Do you feel you guys are being heard out? What needs be fixed? We do have an Issues/Complaints Thread for any issues you have. (See Below)

State Your Game Issues/Complaints

But I'd like to hear what you all have to say, After all you all are the Heart and Soul of MissionChief and we want you guys to be heard and feel appreciated.

How can we as Moderators help your game play experience better?

Thanks,

Rescue

• I'm pretty happy with things, only one thing I've found since I started playing a year ago was when the new acadamies came out requiring training.
    It would have been easier to have a week or so notice so we could save up some funds for the buildings and new units.

I've found the forum useful for information, and some graphics I've used in my private pack.

• I think the communication between us and the mod team is great- thank you all for what you do. However, the communication between us and the dev team is horrible. We get about 1 translated message a week, and other than that we barely know what they are working on. None of us saw a completely unintuitive second app for a new color scheme coming, nor did anyone request that (to my knowledge). I feel like the devs need to actually look at this forum (or listen to you guys when you tell them what’s been requested) and make their decisions based off of that rather than whatever they think should be added. The whole reason they’re making so many different versions is to tailor the experience to people from that country, correct? So why not listen to people that are actually from that country?

• I think the communication between us and the mod team is great- thank you all for what you do. However, the communication between us and the dev team is horrible. We get about 1 translated message a week, and other than that we barely know what they are working on. None of us saw a completely unintuitive second app for a new color scheme coming, nor did anyone request that (to my knowledge). I feel like the devs need to actually look at this forum (or listen to you guys when you tell them what’s been requested) and make their decisions based off of that rather than whatever they think should be added. The whole reason they’re making so many different versions is to tailor the experience to people from that country, correct? So why not listen to people that are actually from that country?

Could not agree more.

The moderators and forum staff are real experts, they interact and they take many ideas into consideration. It’s just that, I think this new update with the Sheriffs could have been way better implemented if the MC team were to ask, “hey, do you guys like this idea” or in a poll fashion. I am in many other forums and one forum that I truly love would be the game, Airport CEO. The forum there is engaging and welcoming. The devs put up polls and talk with other forum members daily!

This game may be on a bigger scale but I still think the developers can spare a bit of time to ask a few questions to the public or gives some thoughts, make things spicier here. There are quite the sum of changes many people in my group want fixed with the new update, it seems to me there is a pattern and I think that shows why asking the general public of some ideas would be nice.

But, I love the MC team in the end and they are the ones who keep it going and I appreciate the work you all put in. A few more tweaks and we will be set for the future! :)

• Absolutely. Communications with mods is good. Basically no communication with the devs themselves. I understand there is a language barrier but if they could at least read the forums and look at our suggestions and complaints it would be nice. I would like to have more information about planned content and where the game is going.

As for in-game, patient release from hospitals needs to be reworked. There has been lots of complaints regarding this. Also ambulances bringing patients to urgent care centers is very unrealistic in the United States. It just doesn't happen. It would also be nice if it were slightly easier to expand. Meaning, stations are less expensive and station expansions take less time. I get there needs to be balance to make the game harder but 1.2 million credits for a large stations is a lot, not including expansions or forestry.

Giving us the ability to create our own missions and add them to the mission pool has been suggested many times in the past. It would make sense to use an algorithm similar to that of the large scale alliance missions to determine credit payout for the mission. With this, players can create missions tailored to their locations. I understand this is highly unlikely to be implemented though.

More weather related events would be cool. It would be interesting if storms (similar to that of the large-scale alliance events) could spawn randomly in game and generate several missions related to that weather event in that area. I will use wildfires to give an example since there's a good bit of content in game for this already. A wildfire (small, medium, large, major) could spawn in an area designated as wildfire-susceptible. Within this mission area, field fires, residential fires, brush fires, ect. missions would spawn at a rate relative to the size of the mission area. This system can be implemented with other weather events such as hurricanes. For example, lots of flooding missions, medical aid missions, search missions, ect. Tornadoes and blizzards could be added as well but there's really no infrastructure in-game for snow-related missions. Obviously for this event system to work there would need to be a way to designate what events can occur in your play area. I'm playing in the Northern California Bay-Area so I would designate it as a wildfire zone. Tornadoes and hurricanes don't occur here.

Side note, earthquakes should be an event similar to what I explained above. A large earthquake is not just a single instance like it currently is in-game. An earthquake event zone should spawn lots of building collapses, bridge collapses, injured persons, search and rescue, and even police missions. Fires are also a common occurrence in large earthquakes due to ruptured gas or fuel lines in the ground or in buildings.

All in all, the Mod team is doing a great job communicating with us and listening to us. I feel like there needs to be more of a link between mods and devs.
    I have been playing this game for years and there has been lots done to it. Especially in the past year. There is so much potential in this game, the content just needs to be added.

Just my 2 cents.

• I brought up something months ago about premium accounts and need more perks. Not a peep was said about it no acknowledge or anything? It's in the suggestions if you'd like

I'm sorry if you felt ignored. Feel free to keep posting your ideas and I went back and read over your post. Def some really good ideas which I will be putting in my notes.

Thanks for contributing!

Rescue

• I'm not totally satisfied with the last updates.

Point 1 :
    First thing first, Type 1's (or T2's) responds to wildfires calls too. Most of them have a water cannon on the top and portable cannon as equipement (see pictures). They can attack a wildfires from a road and defend structures from wild fire. For further attack, the crew from the Type 1 can help even if the truck can't access.
    I strongly recommand to add them / count them as an usefull unit (with a tank capacity of 300GAL of Type 1 and Type 2) [Source].
    [Blocked Image: https://i.ibb.co/B6GLvTq/2020-09-09-T18-12-10-431-Z.jpg]

Point 2 :
    I'm fully for the water system lately added. I assume (and hope) the water system for the wildfires is an open door for a possible standardization of this system later.
    BUT.
    Since the water system has been added, the unit requirement don't make any sense on some missions.
    The requirement of water tankers must be removed. Why ?
    Because we need a large amount of water that we can fill via Tankers and/or Engines. If already I satisfy the water supply of 30 000 gallons with helicopters and tankers and engines, Why would I need more water tankers ?
    [Blocked Image: https://i.ibb.co/gy5FDdW/mc-watertanker.jpg]
    Also, we have a personnal carrier totally useless at this time.

Point 3 :
    Now, about the Federal CP. You already read me on this. I'm not satisfied at all about "sheriff" 's units (name and abilities are not accurate, several members here and on the official facebook page, shared their opinion about what a sheriff unit is). :thumbdown:
    If you want to do a supervisor unit. Just rename all this. Not difficult.
    Personally, I would prefere more police units instead of federal (same units, bomb disposal, Mobile HQ/Command,...) from Police and not the feds, but I guess I can deal with it.

Point 4 :
    Another thing at the moment, the custom alliance mission form needs a massive refresh :
    - The Air unit is missing since ... 3 years.
    - SWAT missions requires SWAT personnel but not custom missions.
    - "Boats required" is not obvious. What boat ? The SWR light boat ? The large Rescue boat ? The fire boat ?
    - Ability to generates patients with several hospital departements needs. 60 patients generated will not all need a trauma center. Some injuries requests surgery or just general internal.

Point 5 :
    Review of existing missions :
    I already mentionned this on our french developpement branch (because we will have the same issue on the french version). Some missions need to be modified ad adapted, like the classic unknown tanker spill still require an useless MCV, or some bush / straw / field fires where wildfire are useless, ...

Point 6 :
    Medical realism :
    Already requested, Paramedic training would be the best idea IMHO. Set a fire and ambulance personnel as basic EMT (BLS) by default and having how many personnel we want to become a paramedic (ALS) trained personnel. Usefull in ambulances and in fire units. Where I play, FF responds to a medical with an engine company (composed by 1 Type1 or 1Type1+1 Type6). At the same time, an ambulance is dispatched. That reduce response time. If an engine company is already out for a medical and an other medical comes up, the ladder, the tanker or the hazmat can respond instead (because they need the medical educated personnel, whatever what truck used). I already saw this few times for real. This is why I'm not favorable to adding all Engines only with the same medical ability like a flycar. Or, add this ability for every fire units we have.
    Also, I would request some details for ambulances : Adding a small delay (like 10 or 20 seconds) of unavailability when the ambulance arrives at the hospital (Status 8). Just the time to drop off the patient to the ER. Also, I would like a probability (like 30 or 40%) of unavailability for desinfection. I don't know if the nature of the medical call could affect the desinfection probability in the game. When an ambulance needs a desinfection, the units is not available for calls (Status 6, I guess) and go back to the station. Then a cooldown of ... maybe 1 to 5 mins starts, time to clean up the ambulance and get ready for service again.

For the last point, I know, it's just a game. But if you want to reflects the real world as the game pretends, some details are important too. :)

• I have never agreed with something more in my life!
    - The personal carrier which i assume you are talking about the crew career can also be really useful. Like, you can fill it with Swift Water Rescue trained personnel to help with SWR calls

• Hey,

I've noted your feedback and we'll try our best to implement those into the game. However we're already working on some of the things you mentioned so you can expect to see some updates in the near future.

-Buggs

• I have never agreed with something more in my life!
    - The personal carrier which i assume you are talking about the crew career can also be really useful. Like, you can fill it with Swift Water Rescue trained personnel to help with SWR calls

My SWR boat is pulled by an utility, filled by my SWR educated firefighters. No need for a bus... Only crew carriers I've seen where I play are inmates firefighters deployed on massive complexe fires by the CalFire. But the game don't require any amount of personnel. Just vehicles.

[...]
    Hey,
    I've noted your feedback and we'll try our best to implement those into the game. However we're already working on some of the things you mentioned so you can expect to see some updates in the near future.

-Buggs

Not great things to add, just some modifications of existing features. ;)
    Thanks colleague. ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!