Questions for anyone with knowledge of the LAFD and LACoFD

• I'm working on building up the LAFD and LACoFD at the moment, and have a couple of queries relating to apparatus:

LAFD - I know they use "Triples" for their Engine Companies and then 200-Series Pumps for their Light Companies, but what would be a most realistic representation of the Triple and 200-Series in MC? The options would of course be Type1; Type 2; Rescue Engine and Tanker Engine. I would love to know what people recommend!

LACoFD - Squads. What are they in Missionchief? I've seen reference to Paramedic Squads, which presumably would translate to EMS Rescue - but from photos a Squad looks much more like a Utility? Would this be more accurate considering they also seem to have basic fire-fighting capabilities a bit like Patrols? (also, whats best to use as a patrol in the Wildfire Expansion- T3;4;5;6;7etc?

Finally, just confirming, you get fire helicopters in the firefighting plane hangar building right?

Thanks!!

• LAFD - For LAFD I have their primary engines as Type 1s and their secondary engines also as type 1, in real life, the secondary engines only have 1 person inside when responding with the truck as a light force, but I keep them as a Type 1 as it's an engine. Sometimes if I'm looking to play realistically, I'll send the secondary engine to whatever the truck goes on, but that depends on how you play. As far as I'm aware you can't really simulate how to get these two to respond together even if you have them as type 2s. I only have Paramedic Engines as Rescue Engines, and I have no Tanker Engines.

LACofD - Squads are EMS Rescues, but I don't fancy spending millions and millions on them (plus their not really worth it) so I have squads as Heavy Rescue Units. LA Wildfire only uses Type 6s (Brush Patrols) and Type 3 (Brush Engines).

EMS Helis in medical aviation & fire helis in the hanger building.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!