Prisons and other PD Ideas

• Since the last update seems to have indicated a focus switch to revamping the PD section of the game, I have a few suggestions:

Prisons - I know we have alliance prisons, but I would like to see each player be able to build their own prisons as well (not just holding cells at various stations).

Additions to Police Stations:

- Health and Welfare Response - These are units that are popping up in left-leaning cities in the US over the last 3-5 years (possibly longer), that are a BLS ambulance combined with a law enforcement officer. These units respond to missing individual, mental health crises, drug overdoses, alcohol intoxication, etc (only non violent offenses and welfare related checks), often with a typical police officer on standby.
    - Drones - Even the little dinky town I went to college in in WY has these now.
    - Transit and Railroad Police
    - Bomb Squad
    - Mounted Police - useful for crowd control in areas that have them. This could be implemented through a large horse trailer (pulled by a semi, carries 6 horses for mounted police) and small horse trailer (pulled by police utility truck, carries 2 horses for mounted police).
    - Marine Law Enforcement (either a marine boat that can be pulled a police utility vehicle or a police boat station)
    - Cybercrime Investigations Unit
    - Animal Control Unit
    - Police Chiefs
    - Detectives

Additions to Federal Police Stations:
    Currently Federal Police Buildings only staff FBI. I would propose expanding these stations to include other portions of the federal police force, as well as being able to staff patrol and SWAT units. Perhaps implementing them in a way that requires expansions to be purchased for different agencies.

- Fish / Game Wardens
    - Air Marshals (for airport threats)
    - Customs / Border Patrol
    - US Secret Service (anti-sniper, ERT, CRT units)
    - ATF response team
    - FBI improvements including a Hostage Response Team, Crisis Negotiation Unit, and Tactical Helicopter Unit - expansion to police aviation stations)

• Cybercrime probably is the least necessary of what I have proposed. I'd personally like to see the mounted police as many state departments have those, but the devs will have to be careful to not implement them in a way that screws people in locations that don't have mounted police in terms of mission generation.

• To my understanding, there is mounted police in nearly every state PD department in the US, as well as most major cities have it for riot control, and some mountain west cities have it because Wyoming still wants to live under cowboy law!

Ah I see. Im from maryland and I have never seen a horse in real life, or in a picture on the internet. If Washington D.C. has them realistically my set up would be saved. And for cyber crime, I would probably just put a Police station on top of an FBI building

• Ah I see. Im from maryland and I have never seen a horse in real life, or in a picture on the internet. If Washington D.C. has them realistically my set up would be saved. And for cyber crime, I would probably just put a Police station on top of an FBI building

Different parts of the country have different things, in the South we still use horses. When I was in college, Orlando Police Department used horses for crowd control at the bar district. The Sheriff's Office I work at in Florida still uses horses for patrol where mounted deputies will make arrests and even do traffic stops. This isn't a podunk county either, there are half a million people in it!

• Different parts of the country have different things, in the South we still use horses. When I was in college, Orlando Police Department used horses for crowd control at the bar district. The Sheriff's Office I work at in Florida still uses horses for patrol where mounted deputies will make arrests and even do traffic stops. This isn't a podunk county either, there are half a million people in it!

I was mostly making the reference to Wyoming wanting to live under cowboy law as a sarcastic statement of a former local. I've seen mounted popo in Houston, NYC, DC, etc. I woudn't want that job (allergies and sitting on a horse hurts my arse), but hey - I enjoy seeing mounted police when I'm out and about my day!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!