Mission Radius/Ladder Capatabilities

• Would you like to see these updates in MC? 16

1. Yes (8) 50%
    2. No (0) 0%
    3. Not all of them (8) 50%

I have 3 ideas that have constantly popped up in my head I have 271 fire stations on my main account that covers all of San Diego County and the west side of Imperial County and a couple Riverside County stations. The different departments pose different problems for the Missionchief missions that I will list below, and my ideas on how to fix them.

Some areas do not utilize rescue units at all

I think one of the main issues I run into in Missionchief is trying to figure out how to get rescue units into areas that have no IRL rescue units. For example, the north zone of San Diego County does not use rescues. Vehicle accidents get a BC, 2 Engines, a Truck, and a medic. The truck has extrication equipment. In the rural parts of the north zone, they don't even send a truck. I'm able to use rescue engines up there which is fine by I would love to be able to utilize Platform Trucks/Quints in the north zone for most rescue incidents such as traffic collisions, extrication calls, medical emergencies on cranes, stuck climbers, etc.

I would like to keep some calls though from accepting the truck company as a rescue so maybe some calls could need a "Rescue Unit" or "Light Rescue" where a Utility, Truck Company, or Rescue Engine would suffice and others need a "Heavy Rescue" which only the Heavy Rescue and maybe the Rescue Engine could complete. I would say calls like Person Trapped Under Machine should need the Heavy Rescue or Full Building Collapse.

The response area of the rural stations of the counties should be much larger than the Metro stations

I've seen this idea brought up multiple times before but it is really something I would love to see in the game. Here are the suggestions.

• Add a checkbox in the dispatch centers that says "Allow all missions requiring expansions to be generated anywhere in the coverage zone" that would allow all specialty calls such as water rescue missions, forestry missions, medical missions, and all other expansions to be generated in any station's district not only the district of the station with the expansion.

In San Diego County there are only a couple Water Rescue units but there are lakes and rivers and a coastline all throughout the county so I would love to see this option. Additionally there are way less ambulance stations than normal stations in the county but obviously everywhere in the county has medical calls so I would love to see some areas where ambulances have extended ETAs because the closest station doesn't have a medic. I also think this would give more use to HEMS.

• Add a dropdown box similar to the "Maximum Distance of Alliance Missions (in KM)" that says "Maximum Distance from Stations for Mission Generation" that would allow you to make county fire stations generate missions further from the station and keep metro stations generating missions relatively closely. Maybe the options could be

• 1 km
      • 2 km
      • 5 km
      • 10 km
      • 15 km
      • 20 km
      • 25 km
      • 30 km
    • Also add a checkbox that allows you to disable the global radius for mission generation and choose by individual station for that dispatch center

Some areas do not utilize truck companies at all either

Some areas of the rural portions of San Diego County as well as Imperial County do not have truck companies at all. There are no structures taller than 2 stories so there is no need in most cases when ground ladders can reach everything. Instead of a structure fire getting 3 engines and a truck, it will get 4 engines. I think there should be a choice in the dispatch center to "Allow Engine to Perform Ladder Tasks" that maybe lessens the amount of money you get for those missions or something. Currently I just sprinkle some quints into the areas with no ladders and disguise them as engines but it seems like a cheap way to go about it.

(Note: I know the devs are busy and working on other stuff and these changes would take a lot of work to implement, but I think they would make this game even better and I would definitely have more motivation to build more rural stations if I knew I wasn't going to get calls right next to the station every time and I might get ALS calls in the BLS station areas and things like that. Good luck)

• Oh no no no no, no.

Ok, I’ll address the rescue issue. So, if you are willing to sacrifice some realism, I make all of my “engines” for San Jose Fire rescue engines. The whole WHOLE San Jose fire department has 5 squads, def. not enough. With all the engines plus 5 squads it’s about good, maybe a few extra rescues but good. It hurt my head for awhile cuz I wasn’t used to the names but you can still have like the reserve engines and idk if you have but OES engines and stuff regular.

I don’t have a remedy for truck companies nor mission spawning...

So, I do agree these are problems although, not all people have this predicament so I think it would all need toggles if that’s what you want. Because I also have a lot of stations in NYC and some of those wouldn’t really work. I love the ideas though and they do sound like they need to be addressed in one way or another.

• Quote from WinWin

Ok, I’ll address the rescue issue. So, if you are willing to sacrifice some realism, I make all of my “engines” for San Jose Fire rescue engines. The whole WHOLE San Jose fire department has 5 squads, def. not enough. With all the engines plus 5 squads it’s about good, maybe a few extra rescues but good. It hurt my head for awhile cuz I wasn’t used to the names but you can still have like the reserve engines and idk if you have but OES engines and stuff regular.

Why should anyone have to sacrifice realism though to "cheat" the system. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that there isn't a way to implement it (through something similar to a light rescue functionality) without impacting those who have chosen to beat around it. Personally my biggest complaint is the fact that a ladder/quint can't handle a basic call (i.e. burst water main or truck into house wall or car accident with entrapment). Reality says that no department is sending a heavy rescue squad out to a basic traffic accident with entrapment.

• Ok man, I am sacrificing realism because that is the way to get enough rescues. This game does not have that luxury. There are so many calls I get in that area, I can’t go running around with 5 squads... I’m glad that I have huge ops in NYC too. That is credits I can rely on. I mean, how does that make sense? I would love to have engines as engines but I can’t.

As stated, rescue/ladder trucks maybe coming and is a highly requested item. I’m not sure wether that will allow Quints and ladder trucks to also count as rescues.

I agree and have agreed many times that trucks should be counted as rescues. I’m not too sure wether I want light and heavy rescues. I’m all in for realism, but when you got more than 200 units it’s gonna be hard getting which rescue to which call. I can always send a heavy rescue or rescue engine but if I want to utilize that ability I’m going to need to memorize which calls can accept light rescues for the rescue count when I’m dispatching.

• If you use LSS-Manager you don't need to memorize. It could tell you a certain call needs 2 rescue units of any kind or 1 heavy rescue. The thing about making all of my engines rescue engines (I did that in the north zone of San Diego) is that the actual heavy rescue units at county fire stations have no use even tho they usually would assist on rescue calls.

In San Diego City, National City, Coronado, Imperial Beach, Bonita and Chula Vista combined there are 3 heavy rescue units available. I am fine with that but I would like to not send 2 of those 3 heavy rescues to a partial building collapse.

• Yea, I have LSS and it’s great. I think that’s good but, when I play on mobile, I’ll have to memorize it.

And, my point is, many calls require rescues. In SJ I have 5 squads plus a utility unit. I’ll just tell you that, that!s not enough. I get partial building collapses and train station fires and the same time. I’ll need more rescues. I think the missions right now are pretty good on it, and for realistic NYC players, it works. I haven’t seen it work in Cali tho.

• Cali is definitely tough. We have very few rescues and don't put them on most calls anyways.

I think Missionchief is made for other parts of the US where rescues are scattered all around but I think Missionchief should work for anywhere in the world or at least the US for the most part.

That's why I think combination type units would be good

• Ladder Rescue
    • Mobile Air/Mobile Command Vehicle

We've seen combo units before like Rescue Engine, Pumper Tanker, etc. so I don't think it's too far fetched to think this kind of thing could be added.

• So, no guaranties but, ladder/rescue trucks may be in development already. I don’t have an ETA.

In the game, MCV’s act as battalion units on a call as well. So, it is also a double unit. Otherwise, that’s about it.

• 5 squads ? I only listed Squad 3, 5 and 26 + various USR's (A,B,C,D,E,I and J).
    I have 98% SJS completed all engines are Type 1's in the game. I EMS Rescue for the USAR A and B and for the three Squads units.
    And I'm totally fine with it. ‍♂️
    The Rescue repartition for the CNT is good.
    The only point I have trouble with is in the South county when the game spawns a mission with Hazmats and several Rescues. In that location, original departments handle a Hazmat with an Engine and if a special equipement is required, they have a trailer.

About the main topic : I'm agree with the radius idea.

• Yea, I have LSS and it’s great. I think that’s good but, when I play on mobile, I’ll have to memorize it.

And, my point is, many calls require rescues. In SJ I have 5 squads plus a utility unit. I’ll just tell you that, that!s not enough. I get partial building collapses and train station fires and the same time. I’ll need more rescues. I think the missions right now are pretty good on it, and for realistic NYC players, it works. I haven’t seen it work in Cali tho.

Santa Clara County has 3 rescues btw.

• 5 squads ? I only listed Squad 3, 5 and 26 + various USR's (A,B,C,D,E,I and J). I have 98% SJS completed all engines are Type 1's in the game. I EMS Rescue for the USAR A and B and for the three Squads units.
    And I'm totally fine with it. ‍♂️
    The Rescue repartition for the CNT is good.
    The only point I have trouble with is in the South county when the game spawns a mission with Hazmats and several Rescues. In that location, original departments handle a Hazmat with an Engine and if a special equipement is required, they have a trailer.

About the main topic : I'm agree with the radius idea.

Sj and Santa Clara County have 2 HMs, Milpitas also has a HM.. ya'll should expand to those areas. I have SJ, Santa Clara City and County built. I have no problems.

• Sj and Santa Clara County have 2 HMs, Milpitas also has a HM.. ya'll should expand to those areas. I have SJ, Santa Clara City and County built. I have no problems.

HIT-B from SJS is not really a Hazmat unit as HIT-A is. Anyway, for the game, both units are classic Hazmat trucks.
    I already have SJS', CNT's, Milpitas, Mountain View (I already have the entire Santa Clara County built). But Gilroy is far from those places. ;)

• Yea, ok. Idk, I counted 4 or smth like that. No, I right now in SJ have a train station fire medium, Hotel fire large and a bunch of other calls and a res. Fire. With the rescues I have it’s not enough.

Also, with the stations I have in the area, I had to put in 2 hazmats for both HIT units because some missions require 2 of them.

• Yea, ok. Idk, I counted 4 or smth like that. No, I right now in SJ have a train station fire medium, Hotel fire large and a bunch of other calls and a res. Fire. With the rescues I have it’s not enough.

Also, with the stations I have in the area, I had to put in 2 hazmats for both HIT units because some missions require 2 of them.

I already had similar cases in the downtown (Major Hotel + museum). I can handle with my 3 Squads and 2 USR's. If I need more, I can dispatch backup from CNT or surrounding cities. If I cant, I wait the first finishes to follow-up to the other. I don't have any problems with that dispatch situation. :huh:
    If I can't handle all situations at the same time cause of missing units. I treat one at a time.

• I have only built SJ. Santa Clara is in the works. I have no mutual units to send. The game should function on a regular basis to where SJ and other counties so in California can operate without outsourcing. And, I don’t wait for the rescues to clean up and go to the next call. I’m impatient and would like to have enough rescues to be able to finish most of the calls in the area as it is.

• I have only built SJ. Santa Clara is in the works. I have no mutual units to send. The game should function on a regular basis to where SJ and other counties so in California can operate without outsourcing. And, I don’t wait for the rescues to clean up and go to the next call. I’m impatient and would like to have enough rescues to be able to finish most of the calls in the area as it is.

When I started to build the CNT, I especially chose stations according to my needs. I started by the station 83. Then, the 73 and 78. I could add the Rescue, the Battalion and then the Tanker to my list as backup.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!