New mission ideas with some new POI's

• NEW POI

Hotel
    Restaurant
    Recycling centre

MISSIONS

Kitchen fire - POI: Hotel or Restaurant - Can become Roof Fire, Room Fire, Grease Fire, Hotel Fire - Required stations: 6 Fire stations - Required vehicles: 2-3 Type 1, 1 chief - pays out average of 1K

Hotel Fire - POI: Hotel - Required stations: 13 fire stations, 6 rescue stations - Required vehicles: 6-7 Type 1, 2 chief, 1-2 Platform trucks, 1 mobile air, 1 command unit - can have up to 10 casualties - Pays out average of 5K

Recycling Centre Fire - POI Recycling Centre - Required stations: 13 Fire stations, 3 Rescue stations - Required vehicles 8 Type 1, 2 Chief, 1 Platform truck, 2 water carriers, 1 mobile command unit - Pays out average of 5K

Downed power lines - Required stations: 2 Fire Station - Can become: Road accident, little wild fire, brush pile, little field fire - Required vehicles: 1 Type 1 - Pays out average of 500

Burst water main - Required stations: 1 Fire station - Can become road accident - Required vehicles - 1 Type 1 - Pays out average of 500

Chlorine spill - POI: Swimming bath - Required stations: 11 Fire stations, 5 Rescue stations - Required vehicles: 5 Type 1, 1 Hazmat, 1 Heavy Rescue, 1 mobile air - Could have up to 4 casualties - pays out average of 3K

Fuel Spill - Required stations: 1 fire station - could become road accident - required vehicles - 1 Type 1 - pays out average of 500 credits

Car hit by train - POI: Level Crossing - Required stations: 4 fire stations, 1 Rescue stations - required vehicles: 3 Type 1, 1 chief, 1 Heavy Rescue - can have up to 2 casualties - pay out average of 1K

Stack of straw fire - POI: Farm - Required stations: 7 Fire stations - required vehicles 4-5 Type 1, 1 chief, 1 water carrier - pay out average of 1500

Barn fire - POI: Farm - Required stations: 13 fire stations - required vehicles: 10-12 Type 1, 2 chief, 1 platform truck, 1 command unit, 2 water carrier - pay out average of 6,500

• Fuel spill is already in the game, but because in America fuel is called gas, the call come in as gas leak which is why it can become a road accident etc if it upgrades.

I know but fuel is a lot more vague, gas is different to diesel so maybe it would be worth just renaming it.

why cant we have a bus getting hit by a train aswell just a thought

that would be good

• I was just thinking of making a thread for new calls. I would be interested to see some new calls like above implemented, as well as different alarm calls. Now that the calls have the ability to upgrade/downgrade, which is awesome, I think that there should be like residential alarm or commercial alarm. Here's my thought for both:

Residential Alarm - Probability of upgrading should be around 50-65 - Can become Room Fire, Basement Fire, Chimney Fire, Roof Fire, Garage Fire, Fireplace Fire - Required vehicles for ALARM ONLY: 1 Firetruck, 1 Platform Truck, with the probability of a Battalion Chief at 50. Payout for alarm around 800-1100

Commercial Alarm - Probability of upgrading should be around 70-85 - Can become Commercial Fire, Container Fire, Roof Fire, Gas Leak, Burning Machine, Industrial Fire, Building Collapse, High Rise Fire - Required for ALARM ONLY: 3 Firetrucks, 2 Platforms, 1 Rescue, 1 Battalion Chief - Payout for Alarm around 2500.

• I was just thinking of making a thread for new calls. I would be interested to see some new calls like above implemented, as well as different alarm calls. Now that the calls have the ability to upgrade/downgrade, which is awesome, I think that there should be like residential alarm or commercial alarm. Here's my thought for both:

Residential Alarm - Probability of upgrading should be around 50-65 - Can become Room Fire, Basement Fire, Chimney Fire, Roof Fire, Garage Fire, Fireplace Fire - Required vehicles for ALARM ONLY: 1 Firetruck, 1 Platform Truck, with the probability of a Battalion Chief at 50. Payout for alarm around 800-1100

Commercial Alarm - Probability of upgrading should be around 70-85 - Can become Commercial Fire, Container Fire, Roof Fire, Gas Leak, Burning Machine, Industrial Fire, Building Collapse, High Rise Fire - Required for ALARM ONLY: 3 Firetrucks, 2 Platforms, 1 Rescue, 1 Battalion Chief - Payout for Alarm around 2500.

I like it, the problem is here in the UK we dont normally dispatch a ladder to an alarm activation so maybe if it only requires 1 type 1 at first then escalates

• Gas Leak is considered Natural Gas here in the US, that's what I always thought it meant in the game. Recycling Center Fire would need more aerials, those places have a lot of cardboard and machinery, the one that burned in Boston they showed a picture of about 16 aerials fighting that thing. Barn Fire, yeah um Tankers are used where water sources are not at the scene, 2 Tankers can't supply 10-12 Pumpers, it's just not possible. If you are going to have Tankers in there it would be more like 6 Pumpers and 10 Tankers.

• Gas Leak is considered Natural Gas here in the US, that's what I always thought it meant in the game. Recycling Center Fire would need more aerials, those places have a lot of cardboard and machinery, the one that burned in Boston they showed a picture of about 16 aerials fighting that thing. Barn Fire, yeah um Tankers are used where water sources are not at the scene, 2 Tankers can't supply 10-12 Pumpers, it's just not possible. If you are going to have Tankers in there it would be more like 6 Pumpers and 10 Tankers.

I'm basing it off UK fire fighting, we would not be able to have 16 aerial appliances fighting a fire like that in the uk as we don't have the resources, i have seen only one platform truck fighting a fire at a recycling centre (over near Birmingham in the uk). Same goes for tankers, one of my counties that I cover in mission chief is Essex has the 3rd largest fire service in the UK and only two tankers. Alot of players in the UK base carriers of High Volume Pumps, these have a large pump and carry hose and can either provide a water supply to the scene from a source that is quite far away, pumping capabilities to drain water from flooded areas or provide a scene with more water.

Below there is a picture of a High Volume Pump and the Birmingham recycling fire

• Tankers in the US aren't used in cities, and this game is based on the US. Tankers haul water to the scene so they actually shouldn't be required until we have the ability to put water sources on the map. And the game should decide how many Tankers based on the water sources and distance from sources available.

2 Tankers cannont supply 10 - 12 pumpers, but on a barn fire you would not realistically have 10 - 12 pumpers on scene, most often your access to them is limited, and typically you are not saving a barn, you are just controlling the fire and protecting exposures. A typical barn fire is going to use 2, 3, MAYBE 4 engines, often times IF there is a fourth engine it is performing a relay pump operation to the other engines from the dump site.

Tankers in the US aren't used in cities, and this game is based on the US. Tankers haul water to the scene so they actually shouldn't be required until we have the ability to put water sources on the map. And the game should decide how many Tankers based on the water sources and distance from sources available.

Tenders (Tankers) can and have been used in city jurisdictions. Is it frequent? No? However have you ever had a hydrant freeze up on you? Been on a dead end water main with issues up stream from you? Needed more water than what the hydrants in the area can supply? There is still a time and place for Tender operation in the city.

• 2 Tankers cannont supply 10 - 12 pumpers, but on a barn fire you would not realistically have 10 - 12 pumpers on scene, most often your access to them is limited, and typically you are not saving a barn, you are just controlling the fire and protecting exposures. A typical barn fire is going to use 2, 3, MAYBE 4 engines, often times IF there is a fourth engine it is performing a relay pump operation to the other engines from the dump site.

Tenders (Tankers) can and have been used in city jurisdictions. Is it frequent? No? However have you ever had a hydrant freeze up on you? Been on a dead end water main with issues up stream from you? Needed more water than what the hydrants in the area can supply? There is still a time and place for Tender operation in the city.

I suppose all fires are different, there was a barn fire near me a few years ago and there was 16 pumps, one aerial platform, 2 tankers, 1 HVP and 1 command unit and various other vehicles what in the US would be chiefs, The reason there was so many vehicles is the barn was about 100,000sq ft and it was full of straw bales so it required a lot of water, the nearest large water source was a river that was about 3 miles away so the needed a few pumps and the HVP just to keep up the pressure and pump water from the souce, the water carriers at First where moving water from a large pond near by to the scene but this was depleted very quickly so they then just set up some ground monitors and began to assist with tackling the blaze.

• A 100000 sqft barn is a very large structure, so this would make sense, also its location and relation to exposures makes a large difference, but overall a barn full of hay and straw is a lost cause thus many departments choose to not waste the man power and just control the exposures and let the rest burn. This fall we sat on a similar situation, however much smaller barn, for 3 days with one engine.

• Why weren't the Tankers hauling water the 3 miles? That's what Tankers are built for is too carry water from a fill site and dump it at a scene. Pumping water over 3 miles is just a bad idea with the friction loss, much better to go with short lays and haul water like we do. Most Pumpers and Pumper Tankers in my county carry 1000' of 4" but you normally don't see that being used all at once at a fire. Usually a couple hundred feet is taken off to run from the supply Pumpers to the attack. At a barn fire you will see 1-2 Aerials flowing water, Pumpers/Pumper Tankers pumping water to them (there is 2 of the Pumpers), 1 at each of 2 fill-sites (Mini Pumpers if there are ones close enough), That leave 6-8 to provide manpower and hand lines plus supply water from the port-a-ponds to the scene. Departments here are not allowed to just let things burn, we have to at least try to extinguish it.

• A 100000 sqft barn is a very large structure, so this would make sense, also its location and relation to exposures makes a large difference, but overall a barn full of hay and straw is a lost cause thus many departments choose to not waste the man power and just control the exposures and let the rest burn. This fall we sat on a similar situation, however much smaller barn, for 3 days with one engine.

yea I know that they will often around me just have 1 or 2 engines watching over hay stacks that are on fire but the reason for such a large response was not just the size, there was another 2-3 of these barns next to it, a cow shed, farm house and tractor diesel store, it was a very small yard so the fire would have spread very easily hence the large and aggressive approach

@WNYfirefighter The High Volume Pump + other engines where doing sufficient job so they decided that it would be quicker for them to carry on pumping it straight rather than doing a relay with the two tankers, it did help that it was quite flat around the area and it was in a relatively straight line

• Why weren't the Tankers hauling water the 3 miles? That's what Tankers are built for is too carry water from a fill site and dump it at a scene. Pumping water over 3 miles is just a bad idea with the friction loss, much better to go with short lays and haul water like we do. Most Pumpers and Pumper Tankers in my county carry 1000' of 4" but you normally don't see that being used all at once at a fire. Usually a couple hundred feet is taken off to run from the supply Pumpers to the attack. At a barn fire you will see 1-2 Aerials flowing water, Pumpers/Pumper Tankers pumping water to them (there is 2 of the Pumpers), 1 at each of 2 fill-sites (Mini Pumpers if there are ones close enough), That leave 6-8 to provide manpower and hand lines plus supply water from the port-a-ponds to the scene. Departments here are not allowed to just let things burn, we have to at least try to extinguish it.

See the youtube link for why someone would lay that much LDH. The normal friction loss for 5 inch LDH is 3 PSI per 100 feet @ 1000 GPM. That is 475 PSI Yes this is too much for one engine to handle (however he did say they used a high volume pumper, so may be able to handle such large PSI requirements.) However if they placed a relay pumper in the middle they could very easily perform this operation.

Note i did not say that they "just let it burn" I said you are controlling the fire (attempting to keep if from becoming larger) and protecting exposures. You use your tactical priorities that is taught to every firefighter who possesses a firefighter I certificate, Life Safety, Incident Stabilization, and Property Conservation. 1) Life Safety, a barn full of hay is not worth the life of a firefighter, so long as there is no entrapment, there is no purpose to do an interior attack, Incident Stabilization, the barn is already going to be considered a near to total loss, the insurance company will tear it down and rebuild it, thus the exposures take priority over the actual fire in terms of protection. Property Conservation, again at this point of a fire, your exposures are your priority. You would do a defensive attack on the fire however this is usually to keep the fire small. You can actually do your population a service by not saving the half standing walls that are left and let them burn the rest of the way down. This saves your owner money as they/insurance will be tearing the building down anyway.

By no means would any department show up and say "no we are not fighting this fire" and watch it burn. The extent of the attack may not be aggressive however.

yea I know that they will often around me just have 1 or 2 engines watching over hay stacks that are on fire but the reason for such a large response was not just the size, there was another 2-3 of these barns next to it, a cow shed, farm house and tractor diesel store, it was a very small yard so the fire would have spread very easily hence the large and aggressive approach
    @WNYfirefighter The High Volume Pump + other engines where doing sufficient job so they decided that it would be quicker for them to carry on pumping it straight rather than doing a relay with the two tankers, it did help that it was quite flat around the area and it was in a relatively straight line

Yea that makes sense, again protecting your exposures is the reason for the large response.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!