Alarm Assignments

• Hello all,

Hopefully this is not a repeat, as I have checked and didn't see anything related. Please delete if I have made a duplicate.

My idea is to have alarm Assignments. When one of our calls expands, an option for expansion would be 1st alarm, 2nd alarm, 3rd alarm etc. This way, we can follow the actual departments policy for apparatus assignment based on alarm level and dispatch appropriate apparatus making it more realistic.

Any suggestions or opinions on this?

Thanks.

Mike

• I am not sure if I understand it correctly but you can use the "Alarm and Response" option to make 'buttons' that respond defined vehicles.

I don't know how it works in other countries, but in the US there are different alarm assignments like for example in my area for a residential structure fire you will have different assignments such as:

• Initial Report: 1 BC, 3 ENG, 1 TK, 1 MED
    • Working Structure Fire Upgrade: 1 BC, 1 ENG
    • 2nd Alarm: 1 BC, 4 ENG, 1 TK, 1 LIGHT & AIR, 1 MED

I don't know how exactly he wants to incorporate this in the game but that's what he's referring to.

• Hey all.

Thanks for the replies. I must be honest, I really don't understand how the AAR works. It doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure how I could use it for this alarm assignment. Basically how things work here in Canada , especially in Toronto is this:

First dispatch of units could be a normal structure fire response with 4 engines, 1 ladder, 1 rescue and Battalion. First arriving units on scene relay their findings to the Battalion and he/she requests for a second alarm response so another 2 engines, 1 ladder, 1 Hazmat, 1 command and another Battalion.

So with the first units on scene, there could be an option for a second alarm response pop up or something like that.

My issue is I have multiple cities so if I have any understanding of the AAR it would send the nearest unit which could be in a different city rather than the city I'm in since the unit could be closer than the one in the actual city. Does this make sense or am I rambling on?

I believe Tylerk has the idea I'm referring to. That seems to make sense. The AAR option I can't see it as I still can't process how the AAR works. Someone would have to spell it out dummy style to me or sit me down and create them using my cities for me to get a better understanding.

Hope this makes sense. And if anyone can really dummy down the AAR for me, that would be super.

Thanks.

Mike

• With the AAR you are making buttons with predefined vehicles.

I have add 2 screenshots that might help you. (Edit: 1 screenshot is not loading for me just click on it)
    Example: You want a "1 call / structure fire / city A" button that sends 4 engines, 1 ladder, 1 rescue and a BC.

You can even select what stations are attached to that button so you can select all buildings from 1 city :-)

• I believe the original post was asking if mission can expand to including additional alarm levels.

IE, You get a Residential Fire call than can expand to Residential Fire (2nd Alarm) which would require more units to be sent to scene, and would up the value of the call.

To continue the example:
    - Residential Fire
    - 1750 credits
    - 3 Pumper, 1 Aerial, 1 Chief, 2 PD

The proposal would be to add something like
    - Residential Fire (2nd Alarm)
    - 2500 credits (for example)
    - 5 Pumpers, 2 Aerials, 1 Rescue, 2 Chief, 1 Air/Light Unit, 2 PD, 1 ALS Ambulance
    (this is just an example).

I think that's what the original post is referring too.

Thank you,

• Yes yes yes. EMS medic you are hitting the nail on the head. Exactly what I was referring to. Thank you.

Now this AAR stuff which Dutch FireFighter was very kind in explaining is somewhat making a little sense now. Thank you for that. I will relook into AAR to see if I can create for my setup.

If anyone out there has a set up for Toronto Canada or surrounding areas or even Vancouver Canada and have AAR set up, would mind sharing to help give me a visual idea as well would be awesome.

Thank you all. Much appreciated.

Best.

Mike

• This a good idea. I think there is a code allow a mission to strictly appears as an evolution (need to be verified).
    The thing is : I believe alarms are different according where you are.

Where I play in San Jose, CA, I listed this (from real dispatches) :
    Structure Response = 1xBattalion + 3xEngineCompany* + 2xTruck + Opt WTanker + Opt HazMat + Opt USAR + Opt Squad
    Full 1st Structure = 2xBattalion + 3xEngineCompany* + 2xTruck + Med30 + 1xSquad + 1WaterTanker
    Tier 2 Structure = 3xBattalion + 6xEngineCompany* + Med30 + 2xSquad + 1AirUnit + 3xTruck (+Hazmat /+USAR (optional))
    * 1 Engine Company can be composed by 1xType1 or 1xType1+1xType6 regarding stations.

But in the south county, basic responses are like this (according official documents) :
    Residential Building Fire = 4 Eng ,2Batt
    Commercial Building fire = 4 Eng , 1Trk, 2Batt

• I'm completing a build in Southern Ontario right now.

I've completed

• Peel Region (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon)
    • Halton Region (Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Burlington)
    • Hamilton Region (Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Freelton, Winona, Rockton, Waterdown and surrounding)
    • Niagara Region (Grimsby, West Lincoln, Wainfleet, Lincoln, Pelham, St Catharines, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, Thorold, Welland)
    • Halidmand County

I've building

• Toronto
    • Six Nations of Grand River

As for ARRs, I would not recommend setting ARRs to match service response, as MCs requirements may differ from service requirements, in addition as the game does not have alarm levels yet.

Best of luck with the build :)

• Hi EMS Medic.

I was thinking that too about not matching as the games calls and reality don't quite match certain departments.

I've got Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton all completed. Got most of Greater Vancouver area completed too. Recently completed FDNY.

If you need any information for Toronto, just ask, happy to help.

Do you individually pick each apparatus for a call or how do you dispatch your units?

Thanks.

• You know, there are so very great ideas here. I like the idea of being able for the game to send additional units in case of a mission expansion.

What I was thinking is, if you have a base AAR for like a grease fire - and it upgrades to a residential fire you can create an AAR for that grease fire or pretty much any mission that has 2 engines with it's response and you will have a drop down menu. There you can select the missions you want it to expand too. Say, from a grease fire and it turns into a residential fire, the game will give you a notification (where the ambulance and police transports are located at) and you can choose to send which AAR the was selected in the drop down to respond. that way, you will not forget about those missions that expanded and thru the transports menu can send the additional units. This will be a toggle function and possibly only for premium. It would help say if you have like one of those 20 train station, subway station, train fires, etc. you will be able to say, Subway station fire AAR if selected then, it will give you the options you chose to dispatch. If only one was selected, it can send it automatically.

Might be hard to take in. I had two ideas and had to change the script a bit without redoing it. I am not sure if full automation for this would be possible. Say, the AI can just send the additional units automatically if you have an AAr for it without having the player press on it synced to the mission and paired with the AAR (grease fire, drop down menu for each AAR and player can select "grease fire" for that AAR).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!