NYPD ESU Tactical Unit

• Hello all,

I have a question or two or three, depending on the replies I get. Who here has built up the NYPD for their game? What buildings and apparatus do you use for the ESU Trucks and repeater trucks? The ESU trucks are supposed to have one officer and one Sergeant and the repeater trucks are supposed to have two officers.

Also, NYPD ESU has medical squads and SWAT Bearcats and a construction Accident Response vehicle.

Who here has this built up and what buildings did you use and what apparatus? I mean, did you use a regular police station and just use Swat vehicles for this, or has anyone used the fire department options and renamed them for police use?

The reason I ask is because I am a little confused on how to build this up. The ESU trucks are basically Heavy Rescues and the repeaters are small radio type vehicles so maybe Utility? But they need to be manned by police personnel. How is this possible with our current options?

I wont be able to send these vehicles to calls requiring SWAT as they are manned by fire personnel, so is there a way to man fire vehicles with police personnel to respond to these calls?

Hope this makes sense and any advise and or comments is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

• Hi Mike,

I’m currently building my NYPD fleet. At the current moment I am only using Police buildings for my ESU Stations. Because we don’t have a unit capable of what fire units can do I only use my ESU units for SWAT related missions.

How I have organised it is where there is a precinct with an ESU attached I build 2 large police stations. One for the main precinct (i.e 13th Precinct) and build cells on it. I am aiming for between 25 and 30 patrols vehicles here. I then build a second large police station for the ESU unit attached (i.e ESU 1) without cells.

I find this stops confusion with all the units being in one station and can allow for easier management of assigning skills for ESU units.

For my Heavy Rescues and REP trucks I use the SWAT SUV.

I have some ESU RMP’s which are also the SWAT SUV.

I also have ESU K9’s working out of the ESU stations too.

The last type of unit I have at ESU stations is an unmarked van which Is the SWAT Armoured Vehicle.

I currently have the ESU HQ in game and use this for spare ESU vehicles but currently because of the unit capability of the game I do not have an ESU Ambulance or hazmat unit.

Currently we cannot cross use different departments or vehicles.

Hope this helps. If you need any more information I can send you screenshots of my set up.

• I too build a separate police station for the ESU units at the precinct.

I use Armoured vehicle for the large ESU rig and I use swat SUV with only 2 members for the REP, eventually I will have the "A Team" in a true armoured vehicle. I also have K9 out of the ESU stations. I am also building FDNY so I also assign ESU to major calls that FDNY responds to like collapses

• Dan Lorenzo & Pappy,

Thank you so much for your input and information. Greatly greatly appreciated.

I do have some questions that I hope either of you can answer in regards to your setups.

Currently I have 12 NYPD Transit Stations posted in actual locations. I have 5 units plus a supervisor in each station. (Small Stations). I currently use them for all police responses as I haven't set up the Precincts yet. Do any of you have the Transit police set up? If so, how have you set this up? Any suggestions or opinions on if I should improve the transit section or leave it they way I have it now?

As for the Precincts, I was thinking of having 20 patrol units per precinct as this is similar to the police stations I have created up in Canada. NYPD AND FDNY is the only US department I have mostly completed, but am planning to progress to other departments throughout the US.

The Precincts with the ESU stationed, how many personnel do you have for the ESU? Are they trained just in SWAT?

AS for the K9 unit at the ESU Precinct, how many K9 units do you have there?

Currently I have posted the ESU Tactical and K9 units at Floyd Bennett Field and dispatch them when needed. Obviously this is time consuming so adding them to the ESU Precincts is a brilliant idea. Just to confirm, its one SWAT SUV per truck with 2 personnel on board and SWAT SUV for REP with another 2 personnel on board? Or do either of you have more personnel on these units? Also, when you dispatch, how many trucks and reps do you send to a call? Do you have a SWAT RIg with 6 personnel as well as the trucks and reps?

Using the SWAT SUV for the Truck and Rep is a brilliant idea as well. I was holding off until a heavy rescue for police was created but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

What rules have you established when dispatching> Such as how many units dispatched or do you just base it on the game requirements? Its my understanding the more units you send the quicker the call gets completed?

Dan, you mentioned you have a SWAT Armoured vehicle, do you have that at each ESU Station or just one? Have you added 6 personnel to each one already or use it when needed only?

Sorry for the amount of questions, its just that I am trying to make the NYPD as most realistic as possible.

I do have FDNY completed so if any of you have questions, please do ask, I am happy to help. I have most cities in the Toronto Area as well as the Greater Vancouver area if anyone is aiming to build north of the border as well.

Thanks so much for time.

Much appreciated.

Mike

• Hi Mike,

I currently don't have the NYPD Transit Stations built at the moment but it is on the cards to.

For my ESU Stations I have 22 SWAT trained staff. These staff 3x ESU RMP's (2 personnel), 4 xREP's (2 personnel), 1x Heavy Rescue Truck (2 personnel), and 1x Unmarked Van (6 personnel).

I have another 3 personnel trained in SWAT and K9 to staff 3x K9 RMP's out of the same station.

This is the set up I use at every ESU Station.

With calls I will vary the response. I will send REP's and K9 RMP's to Officer Down missions to make it realistic but i will also look at the mission requirements to ensure I meet the minimum.

One thing I did want to ask Mike was how have you named your FDNY stations? Have you named them with the units stationed there or something else?

• I am still building out my NYPD and FDNY

I use an armored personal carrier in game for the large ESU truck and they are not allowed less then 6 people (in game) so thats what my ESU trucks have
    I have 2 personal in the REP which in game I use the SWAT SUV

Currently I have ESU 1 and ESU 2, as their own precincts (as I think they are in real life) next door the the precinct they are with

Currently each ESU house has 1 ESU truck,3 REP, and 1 K9 they will grow as I grow in the game

My other NYPD Precincts have 3 patrol cars and I add 1 SGT (sheriff unit in game) and 1 Anti-Crime unit (patrol car in game, unmarked car graphic) as I expand

I also have NYPD Highway 1 which I use to patrol the highway and it currently has 3 patrol cars.

I send ESU to the game missions its required for if it is 6 or less I use the REP's if it is more then 6 I use the 3 REP and 1 ESU truck. For the missions that require 18 I send 6 REP and 1 Truck

I also send ESU to FDNY events as they do in real life, MVC with Entrapment, Construction Vehicle, Bus, Minor Collapses I send 1 REP, for Major collapses I send 2 REP and 1 ESU truck.

Person with a Weapon I send 1 REP

I do not have any of the transit set up nor do I know anything about that so I can't help there.

I started my NYC with FDNY as started with Engine 1 and grew from there, currently I have all the Engines and Ladders for Manhattan and the Bronx and I am just starting Staten Island. I have all Manhattan Battalion Chiefs and Division Chiefs as well as the Manhattan Borough Commander. I still need some Battalions in the Bronx (have up to Battalion 20). As for NYPD I am up to the 20th Precinct with NYPD Highway 1 and ESU 1 & 2. EMS I have many stations built both the FDNY and the Voluntary units.

I know you didnt ask me but for naming my FDNY stations I call them what they are called in real life which is just the units that are there

Engine XX
    Ladder XX
    Rescue X
    Marine X
    Squad XX
    Engine XX Ladder XX
    Engine XX Ladder XX BattalionXX/Division XX

Anything else feel free to ask, I love this game and I am a big FDNY buff trying to make everything as real as possible.

I also have an account in the Edmonton Metro Area

• Patrol cars I use Precinct # and then Alphabet as I think they do in real life ex 20A 1C 7B. For K9 I have one per ESU Station so ESU Truck 1 has K9 1 and ESU 2 has K9 2.

But how would you name multiple in 1 precinct/sector? Like You'd have 20-Adam then what? Because 21-Adam would be an entirely different precinct

• I do the same as Pappy for my patrol cars. So the second patrol car would be 20-Boy. For my K9 I name them ESU K9 followed by 4 random digits so it would read ‘ESU K9 ####’.

thanks!

• Hello everyone,

I didn't think this thread would get much response and its blown up. Many many thanks for all your suggestions and tips etc. Hopefully I can assist anyone who is looking to build in Canada, as I have most of BC and Ontario built up.

Thank you so much Dan for providing information on what you do for NYPD and FDNY. Helps a bunch in regards to naming and placements. The ESU idea makes perfect sense and I will definitely be building in that way you have done. As for your question in naming FDNY, I have just named each station for the apparatus within. For example, FDNY E163 / L83 / PK163 which is Purple K 163.

With stations that house multiple units, I just add only the main units for the title. As for naming the units themselves, Its just FDNY Engine 163. Hope this helps.

Pappy, Thank you so much for the information and advice. Its similar to Dan's and it will help me build NYPD when I get enough credits. If you want information about the Transit Bureau I am happy to pass it along. I only used small stations for the Transit and added 1 supervisor and 5 patrol. I didnt add the supervisor as Sheriff though. I havent got any Sheriff calls in New york yet, so maybe I should make the Supervisor the Sheriff trained? I haven't checked, do you know if Manhattan or Staten Island etc have their own sheriff stations?

A question I have is in regards to naming NYPD Patrol units, if a precinct has multiple sectors such as Alpha to Sierra, do you guys just add one patrol unit to each alphabet? Such as 77Alpha, 77 Bravo, 77 Charlie, etc or do you go 77 Alpha 1, 77 Alpha 2, and then go 77 Bravo 1, 77 Bravo 2...etc. I was thinking of having 20 patrol units for each station and if a station has K9 or Swat involved, then it would be 20 patrol, #of K9 and # of Swat depending on information I can find. Basically I did 20 patrol units per station, then i am using up 20 alphabet letters constantly with just different precinct #.

Thanks,

Mike

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!