Why can't Quints be used for fires

• Will Quints ever be put to use for fires or will they just respond to regular calls and the platforms will used for all fires . Most Quints or Straight Stick Ladders responds to fires.

I am not sure what you mean. In the game the quint is a platform truck and engine in 1. So it can put out fires in the game.

Well I would make sure that you have the truck fully staff. I know as of this moment i wont be playing this game again. I have seen how management is and I have seen the very unprofessional attitude and behavior they give. They are ignorant and disrespectful. They are children who have nothing better to do but abuse their powers. They have made this community so toxic.

Because you have bad experience with 2 alliance will not say that everyone is bad.

• Well I would make sure that you have the truck fully staff. I know as of this moment i wont be playing this game again. I have seen how management is and I have seen the very unprofessional attitude and behavior they give. They are ignorant and disrespectful. They are children who have nothing better to do but abuse their powers. They have made this community so toxic.

Well, I believe that you were in our alliance too, but if you want something realistic and completely professional. We're the wrong adress. We see ourself more as a family then a professional Alliance. Sorry for your bad experience but I think you should try some other alliance, or just start your own.

I hope you will try this game again and see the enjoyment you get especially with the peeps you meet.

Have a great day, and interesting journey.

• Ladders in my nearby town have straight sticks and they put out fires as well. Just wondering if this game will change to put quints for fire calls instead of using platforms to take fires out. From other comments I see one water ladder can put fires out. This is for the U.S mode not for the U.K mode.

• Please correct me if I got this wrong, but as a virgin UK MIssion-chief QUINT user too, does this UNIT need to have staff trained with the Truck Drivers License? Or another Fire Academy Lesson?

I only see 3 lessons at my Academy that I haven't, as yet anyway, trained up any staff for. ARFF-Training (3 days) / Heavy Machinery Operating (3 days) / and of course the Truck Driver's License (2 days) ARFF-Training I now know as Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting. I also believe now, that Heavy Machinery Operating (3 days) relates to FORESTRY Training? This just leaves        Truck Driver's License (2 days) and I haven't been asked to train it for my Mobile Command Vehicle OR Hazmat units.

Do ANY of those 3 lessons relate to QUINT trucks ? If not what vehicles do these relate to?

Swift water rescue (4 days)

Ocean Navigation (5 days)

Airborne firefighting (5 days)

Obviously the 3 lessons above, wouldn't be useful in any way for the QUINT Truck. I certainly understand that it doubles as a Ladder / Pump / Firetruck unit AND that You need at least the grade: Captain.

Thanks in advance if someone can clear this up ;)

• Clarification:

A quint is a double unit in this game. as mentioned unlocked at the "Captain" rank. in-game if sent to a mission WILL count as both a ladder truck and fire engine. It does not have any requirements which mean it does not require training. It only needs one personnel to operate.

Wildland units in this game also do not need training. They can be accessed through expanding a regular fire station. They act as wildfire suppression units. They are different from the "Firefighting Plane Station" because these are ground units.

hope this helps.

This is my sloppy put-together of all the fire department classes and any details you need to know about them:

Hazmat: Takes 3 days to complete and is required on the "Hazmat Truck" Can be bought in the "Other Vehicles" category in any fire station.

MCV: Takes 5 days to complete and is required for the "MCV" Can be bought in the "Other Vehicles" category in any fire station.

ARFF: A special airport suppression unit. Takes 3 days to complete and is required for the "ARFF" (available with an expansion from the regular fire station called "ARFF").

Swift Water Rescue: specialized unit for water rescues. Takes 4 days to complete and is required for the "Heavy Rescue + Boat" and "Boat Trailer" (available with an expansion from the regular fire station called "Water rescue").

Ocean Navigation: The ability to pilot rescue boats. Takes 5 days to complete and is required for the "Large Rescue Boat" and "Large Fireboat" (Vehicles can be unlocked by purchasing the "Rescue Boat Dock" and "Fire Boat Dock."

Airborne firefighting: To train pilots how to fly in water drop helicopters and planes (mostly used for wildfires). Takes 5 days to complete and is required for the "Water Drop Helicopter, Water Tanker," and "Heavy Air Tanker." (Vehicles can be unlocked by purchasing the "Firefighting Plane Station"

Heavy Machine operating: To operate heavy machines in-game like the dozer. Takes 3 days to complete and is required for the "Dozer Trailer" Can be unlocked by getting the "Wildland" expansion from a regular station.

Truck Driver license: To drive commercial trucks? tbh idk where this fits into the game but... Takes 2 days to complete and is required for the "Crew cab semi" Can be purchased in the "Other Vehicles" category in any fire station.

• Excellent write up and thanks for taking the time to clear that up.

I had put in a post about Water Air Tanker / Hvy Air Tanker but advised by VICFire that those aren't used in the UK, but glad to see them anyway in-game, sure would beat the usual 30+ firetrucks swatting wild-land fires down the road from me ( As I live within a Forest / Huge Wild-land area )

ARFF / Heavy Machine and then Truck Drivers licence will be my next upgrades anyway ( thanks also for the Dozer Trailer UNLOCK mention from the Reg-Firestation ) I would of taken ages to have figured that out otherwise.

Interesting to see the T.D.Licence had stumped so many, from what I saw after watching an old James Bond movie earlier, the Quint used 2 people to drive, 1 at front and the other, in this case Bond, at the back.

The Crew Cab Semi even stumped our local Firestation Officer !!! ( all fire engines have crew cabs! But what is this semi part? ) and ALL firemen are encouraged to learn to drive the engines.

Thanks again for all the help WinWin

• Yes, my pleasure.

tbh, what you have just mentioned would apply to real life. Quints do have 2 drivers most of the time and the crew cab is a very weird vehicle. Just some quirky things this game did to them makes it confusing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!