EMS Update

• So, I know there have been some updates in the world of Fire and Police lately, but I haven't noticed anything EMS wise. With the COVID crisis going on, in my area I have noticed a strong surge in nursing home type calls. Now my thought is adding a POI for "Nursing Home". This would generate an all different types of EMS calls that already exist and it could open the possibility for Nursing Home Fires (small, medium, large and major). Also, there are a decent amount of areas in the US where EMS cannot transport to an urgent care, but get a significant amount of EMS calls from them. So, a POI could be created for "Urgent Care" which would generate more EMS calls at this location.

Another thing that could be added with these winter months coming is a "Ski Resort" POI. This could generate traumatic injury type calls for EMS, also rescue type calls such as fall from a ski lift, sledding accident or terrain rescue for the fire side.

Just some ideas. What does everyone think?

• So an EMS update should be in the making. From what I am hearing it will be one of the next major updates. It’s been awhile since any word of it has been spread. Things that may be coming are ALS engines, hospital rework. The missions you suggested can be put here; **NEW** Mission Suggestions you can suggest any mission you want but check if your mission was already previously posted. There you can put the nursing home fires and the template you use you can add a “nursing home” poi.

• So an EMS update should be in the making. From what I am hearing it will be one of the next major updates. It’s been awhile since any word of it has been spread. Things that may be coming are ALS engines, hospital rework. The missions you suggested can be put here; **NEW** Mission Suggestions you can suggest any mission you want but check if your mission was already previously posted. There you can put the nursing home fires and the template you use you can add a “nursing home” poi.

As much as I love the possibility of there being ALS Wagons. Can you also think about putting medics on Squads and Towers?

• We are not sure if ladder trucks and rescues will have the capability to treat patients on an ALS basis. From what I know there are not many ALS certified ladder trucks or rescue trucks. Some departments have BLS equipment on Ladder trucks. Also, it would be weird if the devs allow any ALS trained personnel to ride in say a BCU and still treat patients. Not sure about that part. I would like to see ALS on ladder trucks although it is not common.

• So, I know there have been some updates in the world of Fire and Police lately, but I haven't noticed anything EMS wise. With the COVID crisis going on, in my area I have noticed a strong surge in nursing home type calls. Now my thought is adding a POI for "Nursing Home". This would generate an all different types of EMS calls that already exist and it could open the possibility for Nursing Home Fires (small, medium, large and major). Also, there are a decent amount of areas in the US where EMS cannot transport to an urgent care, but get a significant amount of EMS calls from them. So, a POI could be created for "Urgent Care" which would generate more EMS calls at this location.

Another thing that could be added with these winter months coming is a "Ski Resort" POI. This could generate traumatic injury type calls for EMS, also rescue type calls such as fall from a ski lift, sledding accident or terrain rescue for the fire side.

Just some ideas. What does everyone think?

These are some excellent ideas, a few of which I have thought of myself. Definitely head over to the **NEW** Mission Suggestions to lay out the framework for your POI and mission suggestions.

• As much as I love the possibility of there being ALS Wagons. Can you also think about putting medics on Squads and Towers

This idea has been brought up and widely supported a few times here in the forum. ALS intervention is rapidly becoming a common field in Fire/EMS in the United States, and Paramedics are being seen on every type of apparatus imaginable. Not quite sure what the future of the game will hold for it, but it is on the consideration radar.

• Honestly the best approach with the whole thing rather than creating a whole new unit, especially since in lots of big cities all firefighters are required to be EMTs or paramedics as well no matter what apparatus they ride, would be to add specific training options so that they can be put on any fire vehicle but function as both a firefighter and a paramedic.

• Honestly the best approach with the whole thing rather than creating a whole new unit, especially since in lots of big cities all firefighters are required to be EMTs or paramedics as well no matter what apparatus they ride, would be to add specific training options so that they can be put on any fire vehicle but function as both a firefighter and a paramedic.

I agree with this. In the city I live, all firefighters are cross-trained paramedics. The members who hold the rank of Firefighter staff both the ambulances and the suppression apparatus (two on each ambulance, one or two on each suppression apparatus as well as an officer and engineer).

• Not To sure what any of you mean... The EMS update will most likely be you train personnel and they hop into an engine, they can provide treatment to patients on scene. I highly doubt they will make a “ALS Engine.”

Many firefighters nowadays have BLS or ALS training. Although not a requirement for a firefighter conveniently many are.

• All of these great ideas have been brought up in various ways, the training one seeming to be the most feasible. I am unsure however at this time, if, how or when this idea may be implemented into the game but I am still watching it closely as it is very popular.

• No updates yet. We are waiting for EMS part 2 that will finish off our medical section for the time being. If I were to take my guess give it another month or something and they’ll release it in the summertime. However, that would be the best case scenario. Currently we don’t have any idea about what is going to be in the update and a rough date.

• No updates yet. We are waiting for EMS part 2 that will finish off our medical section for the time being. If I were to take my guess give it another month or something and they’ll release it in the summertime. However, that would be the best case scenario. Currently we don’t have any idea about what is going to be in the update and a rough date.

Yeah in the past 3 days 2 servers got new stuff - DE got detectives - NL got part 1 to water rescue so the devs are working hard on all 23 servers and 2 weeks ago about 15 of the servers got a Medical update (As it's a priority as they had 0 content updates)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!