2021 Outlook

• Hello everyone. First off I would like to wish everyone a happy holidays, hopefully we can have a better year than this year.

I want to give you some insight into some future plans for the game from our team for hopefully the next year. I wont be giving time scales for updates as for various reasons these can be pushed and this has been used against me in the past.

The first large update in the new year should be the next and final main Ambulance update (When i say this i just mean that from where i see most of the main frontline units will have been added). This update as you probably have guessed will be centred around Hazardous Area Response Teams (or SORT teams). It will include many important vehicles from the Primary Response Vehicle and Secondary Response Vehicle, to the Polaris (Which we have thought of quite a fun way to use it). Of course there will be more in this update. Due to the size it will probably be split into two parts with main vehicles coming first, and then other relevant vehicles after.

After this, we will be turning our attention towards police. I will still be going out of my way to try and increase the value of police as i agree that there missions do not pay as much as they should, i feel we have made good progress with this over the course of this year with missions like unauthorised possession of weapons. (I am still working on trying to get FTS boosted in terms of payout.) Im not going to say what we are looking into for police but hopefully we wont halt for too long after the ambulance update, and can advance on this, so get your serials ready.

After this we may stick with police, or we may venture onto the fire ground, we have many ideas with this that have come from both here, my personal real world knowledge, as well as our fire advisors, so hopefully you will enjoy it.

We probably wont get round to it this year and i would like the main three services to be sorted out first (Civil authorities) however i want to share my vision for what i would like to see in terms of other services in the future. There are more than this however these are some of the main ones: Coastguard, Lifeboats, Lowland Search and Rescue, and Mountain Rescue. As i say these probably wont be for a while but its where i would like to end up at some point.

As for suggesting ideas on the forums, please continue, we (Myself and Vic) may not respond to all of them but please know if we think it will work we note it down, especially the mission and vehicle suggestions. Often we will wait a few days on suggestions to see what the communities reaction to it is.

Unfortunately my inbox is often full which stops people from being able to message but if you want to ask me a question about the game, please post on my wall and i will answer, if you need to PM me a question, please post on my wall that you want to PM me and i will try to clear some space in my inbox and will reach out.

Hopefully this has given you some insight into the future for the UK version of the game and i hope you are excited about what's to come. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them below this. I genuinely feel that the UK game is on the right track and the Developers are very enthusiastic about it and (from what i can tell anyway) are really happy with what's being added and the working relationship between this team and them to create this content. With the ultra large missions and Missionchief's first every triple combo unit being added for police, as well as the UK orientated missions, i feel the UK game is progressing in a very positive direction.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from everyone on the forum and content advisory team, and i hope 2021 is better than 2020 for you all.

TACRfan

• So is that taking water rescue expansion off the list then

Thought that was ready to go.

As for the other stuff, will be great to see more police features added.

There is already a good base of units on that side, so will be great to see some more custom units.

• I don’t understand where you have got water rescue being taken off the list from what I said above? I clearly mentioned that fire updates will be considered after the police update.

The Water rescue and Airport expansions were never supposed to be in the game at the start, it just so happened that those expansions were left over relics of MCUS. It will come eventually but it’s not the most important things.

People keep complaining about not wanting copy and pasted content, but then want these two expansions copy and pasted from the US game. We aren’t overly happy with how it was implemented in the US game and always found it a bit lacking and don’t want to repeat those mistakes.

• What sort of timescale are we looking at for the uk medical update. Should I be saving now? Will my units all need to be CC? Will there be missions specifically for GPS/CFRs?

Just wanting to know what infrastructure I will need and how much I’ll need to save up

Thanks

• What sort of timescale are we looking at for the uk medical update. Should I be saving now? Will my units all need to be CC? Will there be missions specifically for GPS/CFRs?

Just wanting to know what infrastructure I will need and how much I’ll need to save up

Thanks

We cannot give timescales unfortunately. We hope soon, but it's down to however long the developers need. As for GP and CFR; there could be some scope for GPs to be required in the future, but nothing is specifically planned at the moment. CFRs will always be an optional unit, designed to be a first responder in rural areas or when an ambulance has a long running time to an incident.

• We cannot give timescales unfortunately. We hope soon, but it's down to however long the developers need. As for GP and CFR; there could be some scope for GPs to be required in the future, but nothing is specifically planned at the moment. CFRs will always be an optional unit, designed to be a first responder in rural areas or when an ambulance has a long running time to an incident.

Is the increase in station unit totals an indication that the update is imminent? I’m starting to get excited again

• Is the increase in station unit totals an indication that the update is imminent? I’m starting to get excited again

I wouldn’t read too much into this if I was you. It’s a change we have been pursuing for quite sometime however we wanted it to be a lot higher than what it was increased to as we wanted players to be able to replicate the largest of police and ambulance stations.

Things do seem to be running slower than normal at the moment. I’m not too sure why but I’ll keep pushing for things

• Is there any news on this update as really does feel like the Developers have forgot about it now.

Has it been pushed back after the disaster of the Building Complex update?

Just asking as know there are plenty of people wondering what's going on.

• Getting a couple hundred expansion levels would be pretty cool. I wish the developers would tease their updates instead of dropping it randomly. It would leave a lot less empty space in between updates. (Like 1 week before the next part of ALS, giving a 1 week heads up. More people will be on that week to prepare for it and/or speculate)

• I don’t give time scales now as they have been used to have a go against members of the advisor team who are volunteers and have no say in when updates are created, tested, and released.

I’d love to be able to give you a time scale but I just can’t. All I can say is that it is in production, the developers have the content, they have all of the necessary information, so now it’s up to them.

The US game has had this content in development for quite some time as a part two to their federal agency update.

• I have 1 question we now have the hart side of the update which is really good but will there be a part 2 to this update for the SORT later on? I know you cant give timescales but at least knowing if SORT will be a future update would be nice :) thanks for the current update

• I have 1 question we now have the hart side of the update which is really good but will there be a part 2 to this update for the SORT later on? I know you cant give timescales but at least knowing if SORT will be a future update would be nice :) thanks for the current update

SORT and HART tje same thing just different countries, so no.

• SORT, Special Operations Response Team is the Scottish version of both branches of resilience teams in England.

In Scotland SORT responds to almost any call where they may be needed. So this ranges from the major incidents like the Stonehaven train derailment last year to basic RTAs and even difficult extractions which could be at height working or just difficult due to the access. They would also respond to any terror related incident.

Not just that they are also used as a normal response unit if they are the closest so it is not unusual to see them turning up and dealing with slips, trips and falls.

They are also water rescue trained, hazmat trained, enclosed spaces and a whole host of other aspects for them.

We have 3 fulltime units in Dundee, Edinburgh and Paisley there are also a few part time units but I'm struggling to confirm locations of these just now, I believe 1 is Stirling as often see some of the larger resilience units there.

• Yes, that is the equivalent of HART.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!