Police for fire missions

• I would love to attend the call that was added today but unfortunately I can't because I don't have any police stations, can this be changed, there are lots of calls which should be for just ambulance and fire but because it requires police stations people who just have fire and ems can't get them no matter what size setup they have. I'm not sure if I speak for everyone but I have zero interest for police missions and I am mainly interested in Fire and ems, I shouldn't be forced into getting something that I don't want just to get calls that I already should have.

• I appreciate what you're saying but if we remove the need for police at missions, larger jobs will payout easy because you don't need many resources.

I will monitor to see if anyone else feels the same.

I understand that, it's just I have over 50 stations and it's kind of a bit like the game is punishing me for not having police, maybe you could make a second version of the call and all of them calls that has a minimum firestation limit as 50 and a minimum ambulance station as 15 and no police stations, just for those members who have invested a lot of time and possibly money into the game. I also don't see why police need to attend trench rescues

• To address the topic as a whole, I've never seen a fire without some sort of police response. Heck, at my department,we rarely run a medical call without a police response. I understand that there are players who don't want to expand into police missions, so we'll see what we can do about this. I also see that there's a potential argument from the perspective of "we're playing as dispatchers, and my dispatch center doesn't dispatch police." Well, my dispatch center doesn't cover four counties, but I've got stations spread that far out.

But you have to understand, we have very limited development resources for this game. It took a month, from start to finish, to get SWAT into the game. If we're not working on significant updates, we get about 3 new missions every week (note this isn't an official release calendar, it's an approximation of recent patterns). Personally, I'd rather see development push towards new updates and new missions, rather than going back to make police-less versions of current missions.

• To address the topic as a whole, I've never seen a fire without some sort of police response. Heck, at my department,we rarely run a medical call without a police response. I understand that there are players who don't want to expand into police missions, so we'll see what we can do about this. I also see that there's a potential argument from the perspective of "we're playing as dispatchers, and my dispatch center doesn't dispatch police." Well, my dispatch center doesn't cover four counties, but I've got stations spread that far out.

But you have to understand, we have very limited development resources for this game. It took a month, from start to finish, to get SWAT into the game. If we're not working on significant updates, we get about 3 new missions every week (note this isn't an official release calendar, it's an approximation of recent patterns). Personally, I'd rather see development push towards new updates and new missions, rather than going back to make police-less versions of current missions.

That's fair enough I understand where you are coming from i personally would prefer new missions as long as some can be attended with out police or ambulance etc. One thing I have wanted to se is larger incidents with high casualties (between 10-20) like the active shooter but for police and fire, (ambulance wouldn't normally attend along side one or the other or both). But I completely understand where you are coming from, taking a game makes time and you can't please everyone, I am making a mod for the game Emergency 4 and that's hard so I can't imagine what a whole games like.

• We'll definitely keep all this in mind. Frankly, the only reason the Active Shooter mission has so many casualties is because the moderation team was trying to push our limits to see how many patients we can get before classifying it as a major incident. Now that we know our limits a bit better, keep an eye out for more mass-casualty incidents.

• We'll definitely keep all this in mind. Frankly, the only reason the Active Shooter mission has so many casualties is because the moderation team was trying to push our limits to see how many patients we can get before classifying it as a major incident. Now that we know our limits a bit better, keep an eye out for more mass-casualty incidents.

I can see both sides of this, as I agree with Gavin, rarely do I ever respond to a fire assignment without the police showing up at some point or another, but being in a growing suburb I have also had many instances where police had to leave our scene when they were still needed for traffic control because they had their own issues to deal with.

I can't speak for the development side but it would seem if there was a way to code in required units and optional units a compromise could be met. By this I mean that a certain number of fire trucks are required to complete the call but a separate list of other vehicles could speed the completion rate of the call, give a bonus to a payout, or some other modification to give incentive to the call. Again I cannot speak for development or to how feasible this could be.

• I can see both sides of this, as I agree with Gavin, rarely do I ever respond to a fire assignment without the police showing up at some point or another, but being in a growing suburb I have also had many instances where police had to leave our scene when they were still needed for traffic control because they had their own issues to deal with.
    I can't speak for the development side but it would seem if there was a way to code in required units and optional units a compromise could be met. By this I mean that a certain number of fire trucks are required to complete the call but a separate list of other vehicles could speed the completion rate of the call, give a bonus to a payout, or some other modification to give incentive to the call. Again I cannot speak for development or to how feasible this could be.

That sounds like a good idea, the problem for me know is that my area is now so big that it would cost me a lot to expand into police to get good coverage

• Exactly, I like this, it gives the player more freedom

Not to hijack your suggestion thread, but this suggested fix also relates to my custom vehicle suggestion thread in the behind the scenes side of things. Currently when you look at the requirements of missions they state "4 fire trucks, 1 platform" ect.

With my suggestion of customization trucks, instead of requiring 1 fire truck it would require 1000 GPM water, you would be responsible for how many trucks that requires, whether for your department that is 1 truck or 6. The other thing would be equipment, example requires extrication equipment, instead of requiring a rescue company, this could be an engine if you equipped it properly. Same for police and EMS calls, obviously with different equipment types. The last component to the call would be optional resources that provide a boost to either pay or speed as i described above.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!