• No, this has been hotly spoken topic. click here to see a topic about this; Hospital Queueing or Ability to purchase more hospital wings / beds Many more than those two topics but those were the only more recent ones I could find. There is no way to upgrade hospitals above 30 beds atm.

• Hello, I am reconmending we upgrad hospitals to be able to hold more than 30 people max, I think closer to 100 would be a lot better, is there a way to do this? Am I to dumb do know? Please let me know!:)

No mate not as yet. Probably worth checking out the forum before posting your ideas so you dont get jumped on too hard. About 10 topics under this one is another about hospitals. Its a slow forum, so topics stay on the first page for a bit.Granted hard to scroll on a phone if thats what you are using.

• No mate not as yet. Probably worth checking out the forum before posting your ideas so you dont get jumped on too hard. About 10 topics under this one is another about hospitals. Its a slow forum, so topics stay on the first page for a bit.Granted hard to scroll on a phone if thats what you are using.

Thanks for the reply, and what I've found is the forums are just confusing

• Hello, I am reconmending we upgrad hospitals to be able to hold more than 30 people max, I think closer to 100 would be a lot better, is there a way to do this? Am I to dumb do know? Please let me know!:)

Totally not agreed. The hospital building is more like an ER service in an hospital. Do you know many hospitals with more than 30 beds in the ER ?

• Totally not agreed. The hospital building is more like an ER service in an hospital. Do you know many hospitals with more than 30 beds in the ER ?

Actually yes, I can name many hospitals with more than 30 beds simply in the Emergency Department alone.

A lot of hospitals will have 6 - 10 Resuscitation rooms, another 10 - 20 acute care, 5 - 10 urgent care and a rapid assessment zone, which has another 8 - 15 beds plus a treatment area which will house another 10 patients in chairs.

In addition to that:

I can name a hospital with 5 Care Centres dedicated to their Emergency Department, with another 10 beds in it.

I can name hospitals who have 10 emergency rooms beds dedicated for mental health only in addition to the above numbers

Trauma Centres will generally have more beds as they are a regional/provincial point for medevac/air ambulance.

• But how much Regional trauma centers represents in a State within all hospitals ? What percentage ? Because all hospitals are not Trauma centers and all hospitals don't have a large ER capacity.
    What is the average capacity of all ER departments in the entire US ? What is the percentage of hospital with more than 30 ER spots in normal conditions ?
    Do the US EMS use specific plans on mas-cas situations ? In France we do have special plans to temporarly rise up the patient capacity of our ER's.
    If there are similar things in the US, then we should propose some temporary features to improve patient capacity ?
    🤔

• But how much Regional trauma centers represents in a State within all hospitals ? What percentage ? Because all hospitals are not Trauma centers and all hospitals don't have a large ER capacity.
    What is the average capacity of all ER departments in the entire US ? What is the percentage of hospital with more than 30 ER spots in normal conditions ?
    Do the US EMS use specific plans on mas-cas situations ? In France we do have special plans to temporarly rise up the patient capacity of our ER's.
    If there are similar things in the US, then we should propose some temporary features to improve patient capacity ?
    🤔

You are correct that not all hospitals are Trauma Centers and not all hosiptals have large ER departments. I would not view hospital beds as ER beds. There are many times that paients delivered via ambulance are not delivered to the ER. That is a fact I used to be an EMT and had to deliver pt to other departments. I am not sure you can fairly judge an average capacity of ER's across a country as the more remote hospitals have only a few beds for ER and others in more heavily populated areas have much larger er beds. Plus the fact that Trauma Centers have thier own beds and that count depends on the class of Trauma Center they are rated for to include requirements for certain specialties bineg available 24/7. Most hospitals have Mass Cass protocols, of course they are not the same across the board due to resources.

• You are correct that not all hospitals are Trauma Centers and not all hosiptals have large ER departments. I would not view hospital beds as ER beds. There are many times that paients delivered via ambulance are not delivered to the ER. That is a fact I used to be an EMT and had to deliver pt to other departments.(1) I am not sure you can fairly judge an average capacity of ER's across a country as the more remote hospitals have only a few beds for ER and others in more heavily populated areas have much larger er beds. Plus the fact that Trauma Centers have thier own beds and that count depends on the class of Trauma Center they are rated for to include requirements for certain specialties bineg available 24/7.(2) Most hospitals have Mass Cass protocols, of course they are not the same across the board due to resources.(3)

(1) : Sure, I'm an Ambulance Auxiliary (the lowest rank of Ambulance workers here) and I'm agree with that. But, in the game, ambulances are only transporting emergency rated patients. Those patients need to be in an ER first even if it's the lowest emergency grade. Only a patient transfer or any IFT's, medical appointments are not delivered to the ER.

(2) : So the ingame hospital is not acurate and should have extensions like a Trauma departement with it's own beds ?

(3) : Sure, but are those protocols allow a higher patient capacity temporarly for hospitals ?

• (1) : Sure, I'm an Ambulance Auxiliary (the lowest rank of Ambulance workers here) and I'm agree with that. But, in the game, ambulances are only transporting emergency rated patients. Those patients need to be in an ER first even if it's the lowest emergency grade. Only a patient transfer or any IFT's, medical appointments are not delivered to the ER.

(2) : So the ingame hospital is not acurate and should have extensions like a Trauma departement with it's own beds ?

(3) : Sure, but are those protocols allow a higher patient capacity temporarly for hospitals ?

1). When I have delivered pt for Child Birth or even Cardiac events they would not go to the ER instead go to Birthing centers or surgery center depending on severity. Cardiac was 50/50 depending on Cath Lab being currently staffed or called in. If staff was onsite would transfer directly to the Cath Lab otherwise ER. With that said I viewed the hospital in game as a hospital where beds could be mental/Child Birth/Cardiac etc not specifically ER.

2). I would love to see that as an option is an extension for Trauma Center and yes additional bed just for that.

3). Yes, they would clear larger capacity rooms and/or bring in mass cass vehicles for bed space.

• 1). When I have delivered pt for Child Birth or even Cardiac events they would not go to the ER instead go to Birthing centers or surgery center depending on severity. Cardiac was 50/50 depending on Cath Lab being currently staffed or called in. If staff was onsite would transfer directly to the Cath Lab otherwise ER. With that said I viewed the hospital in game as a hospital where beds could be mental/Child Birth/Cardiac etc not specifically ER.

2). I would love to see that as an option is an extension for Trauma Center and yes additional bed just for that.

3). Yes, they would clear larger capacity rooms and/or bring in mass cass vehicles for bed space.

1) But, on a sever cardiac issue, the patient won't enter the hospital via the main entrance but via the ER, right ? Or is there an ambulance door for emergencies but not ER Dept related ? I see the hospital building in game as the ER entrance, treating patients before sending them to the appropriate service (neuro, cardio, gyneco, etc...) Maybe also because it's how it works here.

2) As I would like to see a Helipad extension to allow (or not) HEMS to land at a hospital instead of "all hospitals". ;)

3) This is interesting. Now I'm curious to see official documentations to entirely learn how it works... ^^

• 1) But, on a sever cardiac issue, the patient won't enter the hospital via the main entrance but via the ER, right ? Or is there an ambulance door for emergencies but not ER Dept related ? I see the hospital building in game as the ER entrance, treating patients before sending them to the appropriate service (neuro, cardio, gyneco, etc...) Maybe also because it's how it works here.

2) As I would like to see a Helipad extension to allow (or not) HEMS to land at a hospital instead of "all hospitals". ;)

3) This is interesting. Now I'm curious to see official documentations to entirely learn how it works... ^^

1) The hospitals I delivered to were varied. "typically" the ER is attached to the ambulance bay or what they called an ambulance bay. However I know of a hospital actually two .. well the one may have closed where the ER was down the hall and crossed a or the main hallway of a hospital. If you came out of ambulance bay and came to the cross roads if you went left or right then its the hospital. Go Straight and take one of the first two doors on the left was the ER rooms. Come to think of it that hospital I was thinking about closed was the ER doors were also the main doors. That ER was in the doors to the left then take a right on the main hallway go to the next wallway turn right and the ER was down the short hallway. lol

2) Amen

3) Yeah, if they would only make them public. Rather than asking for them and going through an inquisition.

• 1) The hospitals I delivered to were varied. "typically" the ER is attached to the ambulance bay or what they called an ambulance bay. However I know of a hospital actually two .. well the one may have closed where the ER was down the hall and crossed a or the main hallway of a hospital. If you came out of ambulance bay and came to the cross roads if you went left or right then its the hospital. Go Straight and take one of the first two doors on the left was the ER rooms. Come to think of it that hospital I was thinking about closed was the ER doors were also the main doors. That ER was in the doors to the left then take a right on the main hallway go to the next wallway turn right and the ER was down the short hallway. lol

2) Amen

3) Yeah, if they would only make them public. Rather than asking for them and going through an inquisition.

(1) Well, I'm not sure, this configuration is the most common. On my researches, I more often saw a separate ER entrance away from the main public entrance instead of what you described.

(3) I found some public documentation about county EMS organization such as the list and specification of all ambulance companies and all hospitals, so... Probably something available somewhere. 🤔

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!