City works /THW

• I've thought of suggesting this, it would be very awesome to see! I'm assuming tow trucks would be part of this and would be dispatched to road accidents and similar incidents. Another part of it could be utility trucks that could take care of trees down and gas leaks, possible further incidents. Also, 2 or more utility trucks could be required for large accidents to redirect traffic.

• I've spoken to Sebastian and has spoken positively about the idea of 'Utility' Units (can anyone provide a better name to sum them up, rather than THW?)

If everyone can post their ideas, what missions they would like to see them in that exist already, as well as any that are sole utility dependent (ie doesn't use 'emergency' resources etc).

We will then put it together and try and get something sorted :)

Just a reminder that they need to work around the US setup of resources, so they need to exist there in some way or another.

• Urban Search and Rescue would make the sense (if THW is what I think it is), I believe the US has this or at least something similar. Missions such as structure collapses, Major Crashes (maybe including planes?) etc. Possibly even adding a new 'Earthquake' alliance event which is like the Storm but instead generates more structure related incidents or something.

• I like it as long as it doesnt take over the game, if i get one station and then it requires a tec unit for fire calls im going to have to invest over 5 Mil in this just to cover my area

• Search and rescue would be handled by either fire or police (where I'm from, our county sheriff's offices run it). I'm thinking along the lines of the post above me, or even natural gas leaks (Black Hills Energy is responsible in my area), motorist assist/vehicle in ditch for tow trucks, transformer box out, stuff like that.

I'm hoping that a public works/municipal utilities thing would be optional, though, rather than a requirement for calls.

• The units would be
    power truck and or power bucket truck
    Gas services truck
    Water services
    Tow truck(added first)
    Roadside assistance?
    Traffic control?
    excavation equipment
    City works/council truck-would require coins and performs some of the above
    Plus what ever else you think

Here is the missions for the tow truck which sould be the first added it would come in thd the police station(for pkaces like NY that run there own) and in a services building or a road services building.
    It has the mission followed by the percentage it msy be required and the amount that may be required.

burning car(100% 1),burning motorbike(100% 1),tractor fire(100% 1)burning truck(100% 1),caravan fire(100% 1),burning trailer(100% 1),burning busstop(20% 1),RTC(100% 1-3)garage fire(100% 1-2),gas leak(100% 1),harvester fire(100% 1),manhole fire(30% 1),Gas station fire(100% 1-4),dangerous goods truck accident(100% 1-3),parked car accident(20%1-2),rioter(10% 1),person check(10% 1),obstruction of traffic(40% 1),theft of property from vechiles(50%1-3),traffic accident-ice(100% 1-3),MVA rollover(100% 1-3),industrial fire(40%1-3),building collapse(30% 1-3),trench rescue(50% 1-3),officer down(60% 1-3),fleeing suspect(70%1-2),prison escape(70%1-2),unknown tanker spill(100% 1-3),pileup(100% 1-15)and any others you might think
    Plus like the prisoner transport you can cancel the need for one clearing the mission with out it being dispatched.

Let me know your thoughts if you want feel free to pm me if you want to discuss this further.

• How about Public Works Department?

Such vehicles can include: Excavators, Cherry Pickers, Dump Trucks, Tow Trucks, Water Trucks.

Basically any city Service vehicle.

This can be a great idea if its created and organized correctly. More input needed for sure. Maybe even some voting system can be used?

• Units could be:
    Utility Unit
    Bucket Truck
    (a lot of others, but these could be basics for starting out)

The utility trucks could be required on calls like road accidents to redirect traffic, and also the bucket truck could be dispatched to a new call along with one fire engine to a 'Power Line Down', which would have the possibility of turning into a small wildfire, another mission could be 'Tree on power line' requiring two bucket trucks and one fire engine. The utility truck could also take care of trees down, gas leaks, and any similar missions.

• Could you explain what gritters are for people in the US

From what I can see, a gritter is a snow plow

In the UK, a 'Gritter' is a vehicle that will go along the roads spreading grit, which is rock salt. The salt reduces the melting point of ice, allowing it to run off the road at lower temperatures. If it is mixed with Molasses it also helps with grip to the road.

Some have plows attached to the front, however not all will.

• Oh okay, in the US we don't have a special vehicle for just that, normally our plow trucks will just spread the rock salt along with plowing the roads, but in some areas there are special tankers that drive around spaying a anti-ice solution on the roads.

• Oh okay, in the US we don't have a special vehicle for just that, normally our plow trucks will just spread the rock salt along with plowing the roads, but in some areas there are special tankers that drive around spaying a anti-ice solution on the roads.

they are plows in the uk too

• i think that a tree surgeon could respond to a tree on the road like this one: the electricity company in charge of a substation could respond to a burning substation. tow trucks could respond to burning cars, motorbikes and trucks. their could also be some gritters/snowploughs to go with new christmas missions for gritting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!