Lessons Learned about EMS Part 1 vehicles

• I know we have a few different threads and thought about combining them somewhat. Some of these could be errors, but are corrected in next EMS release.

New Training:

EMS Academy - (New Building)

ONLY EMS Station Staff can be trained. EMS staff can be transferred between EMS Stations only, NOT able to transfer to Fire Stations.

• ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus (3 days)
    • Tactical Medic Training (4 days)
    • Hazmat Medic Training (3 days)

Fire Stations-

• ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus (3 days)

New Vehicles:

EMS Stations -

• EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance
    • Hazmat Ambulance
    • Tactical Ambulance

Fire Stations-

• EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance

ARR:

There are no options to select an EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance, Hazmat Ambulance or Tactical Ambulance individually like a firetruck, platform, etc.

Selecting an the following ARR's will happen if a vehicle is nearby.

• Patrol Car - Will tick the box for Tactical Ambulance.
    • HazMat - Will tick the box for Hazmat Ambulance.
    • Firetrucks - Will tick the box for EMS Engine Ambulance

What will NOT happen:

• EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance, Hazmat Ambulance and Tactical Ambulance will NOT have the box ticked when a ARR has ALS Ambulance.

• ** Verified by selecting ALS button with 1 ALS Ambulance requirement.
    • EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance, Hazmat Ambulance and Tactical Ambulance will NOT be selectable for Patient Transfer missions.
      • ** Verified by looking at units in area of call in the dispatch screen, call did show ALS units from same facility.
    • EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance, Hazmat Ambulance and Tactical Ambulance will NOT leave the station unless ALL assigned staff have appropriate education.
      • ** Verified by sending units out with non-trained staff.
    • Firetrucks with EMS Fire Engine /Ambulance trained staff, will NOT provide patient care.
      • ** Verified by other commenters on other posts.
    • Hazmat Ambulance will return to station that has a Hazmat requirement but no patients.
      • ** Verified by sending Hazmat Amb to Overturned Tanker Truck mission with no patient prior to Hazmat truck arriving. It was noted the Hazmat Amb returned to station prior to end of mission.
    • Tactical Ambulance will return to station that has a Patrol Car requirement but no patients.
      • ** Verified by sending Tac Amb to Caller Hang Up mission.

What WILL Happen:

• Tactical Ambulance will STAY onsite for a mission that has a Patrol Car requirement and patients. WILL count towards Patrol Car requirement.
      • **Verified by sending Tac Amb to Active Shooter mission. *** UPDATE it was noted at some point during the mission the Tac Amb did leave the scene. It was not noted if the unit did treat a patient or not; with it leaving it reopened the requirement for a Patrol Car. *** UPDATE it was also noted that on calls with multiple patients, patrols, and fire on the scene; that when sending the Tac Amb to transport, it will REMOVE the patrol car count, thus potentially needing to send a patrol car to finish the mission. It is recommended to transport all pt's prior to transporting the pt in the Tac Amb.
    • Tactical Ambulance will Treat on a mission that has a patient.
      • **Verified by sending Tac Amb to Stroke mission. It was noted on the Stroke mission, Tac Amb treated and mission ended successfully. This mission is 100% transport. but it did not transport instead, returned to station.
    • Hazmat Ambulance will STAY onsite for a mission that has a Hazmat requirements and NO patients; WHEN acting as Hazmat Personnel.
      • ** Verified by sending Hazmat Amb to Unknown Tanker Spill mission.
    • Hazmat Ambulance will STAY onsite for a mission that has a Hazmat requirements and patients.
      • ** Verified by sending Hazmat Amb to Overturned Tanker Truck mission.
      • *** HOWEVER, on a Chlorine Exposure mission; the EMS Hazmat will ONLY act as an ambulance. Hazmat truck must roll. Mission did NOT recognize the Hazmat trained staff on the EMS Hazmat unit until Hazmat truck arrived. Once the Hazmat truck arrived in was noted the Hazmat Amb had left the scene after treating a patient, the mission had 2 patients, 1 left on scene untreated until ALS Amb that was dispatched arrived.

Kinda lengthy and will leave it at this for now.

• ill be honest a player that has a full set up i dont see the benefit in the new update

why would i need a EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance, when i got 80 or so engines

why would i need the tactical ems (when i got lets say 7 sway teams )

why would i need hazmat ems (when i got 8 or so hazmat rigs )

they add zero to my setup ( unless they add calls asking for em

• I hear ya. I think we will get a better idea when the next update happens; which an Admin on this site stated the final update will be large.

• They may not work for you, but plenty of players like to have realism in their setup and may play in areas which have these units. So I do completely see the point in them, whether or not they suit me personally.

• They may not work for you, but plenty of players like to have realism in their setup and may play in areas which have these units. So I do completely see the point in them, whether or not they suit me personally.

if the area you play would have such detailes then i might be worth it i doubt most areas list there special units like that

• Just a heads up, the ALS/Engine will act as an ambulance and leave the mission if there are no patients. To clarify, this was an ALS/Engine that is assigned to an Ambulance station that I had leave during a mission when the last patient was transported. I don't know if the rule will apply if the ALS/Engine is assigned to a firehouse

• How many FF do you have to train to have the engine act as ALS? I tried trining one on multiple engines to get as many to ALS level quickly but it does not seem to have any affect. Do they all have to be trained for it to work?

Your Firstation needs to be a regular size not a small, and you have to have the Ambulance extention. Then you buy a EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance from the Ambulance Tab. Max for the unit is 6 trained staff/.

• Adding the following observation to the information in the initial post:

*** UPDATE it was also noted that on calls with multiple patients, patrols, and fire on the scene; that when sending the Tac Amb to transport, it will REMOVE the patrol car count, thus potentially needing to send a patrol car to finish the mission. It is recommended to transport all pt's prior to transporting the pt in the Tac Amb.

• *** UPDATE there have been many changes in the past few weeks. I do not plan on bringing this post upto date as there is suppose to be another release to EMS. My intention is to place a new thread once that is released and information gathered and verified.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!