Multi Station (PLEASE USE THIS TOPIC FOR FEEDBACK REGARDING THE NEW “COMPLEX” BUILDINGS)

• I think they should have delayed the release of this until April 1st. Seems like a waste of credits to me. Also seems like something a free plugin such as LSSM could potentially do, which would save me from having to spend 1.5 mil credits on it. My feedback is the same as always: maybe they should add something that we actually suggested.

God bless the forum team btw

• Putting the cost aside - you could make it free- and I still don't see the point. You can already expand fire stations to have EMS. IRL no American stations will have 40 bays (or more). The only tiny reason to do this is small towns that have 3 fire trucks, and 2 police cruisers in one public safety building. Note SMALL towns. I'm not expanding those two buildings to 40 or even 20 bays to make it into a complex.

• This concept is cost prohibitive and even as a late game idea, would only be available to top tier players who likely already have their strategies set. I think TACRfan pretty much hits the points.

This game doesn’t flow like most games. It’s less competitive and more collaborative, thus the donating coins option recently released.

I can see someone wanting to combine stations down the road, more likely beginning or middle play. IRL, the US has many Public Safety Complexes that house all services. A simpler plan seems appropriate.

Three fully built out regular stations (Fire, Police, Ambulance) would allow for a total of 120 Bays (40 each) at a total cost of 11,380,000 Credits; far less than the 16,800,00 credits and would have 55 more bays than this concept.

Might I propose two alternative ideas? One is a new build and one combination of existing builds. As always, I’m not a coder so bear with me on how easy this is to do. I don’t know how the UK system has been set up.

COMBINATION OF EXISTING STATIONS - PUBLIC SAFETY COMPLEX

-1,000,000 credits per station combined, no limit. (2)Stations = 2,000,000, (3)Stations = 3,000,000, etc

-50,000 per existing Bay. Instead of a finite number of bays set at the beginning, you’re literally combining your station’s existing bays for a price.

-Any new bays are the standard 100,000 per pay.

-120 Bays maximum

-Expansions carry over. If combining a fire station with an ambulance expansion and an ambulance station, you lose that expansion.

-Carries the equivalent of 2 stations per mission type (Don’t need 100 trucks for a car fire)

NEW BUILD - PUBLIC SAFETY COMPLEX

-3,000,000 Credits to build.

-Fire, Ambulance, and Police available immediately.

-3 Bays included (Theory of housing 1 Fire Truck, 1 Ambulance and 1 Police Car)

-100,000 for any new bays up to 120. No discounts for the first couple bays, they’re included.

-120 Bays maximum

-Carries the equivalent of 2 stations per mission type

Any inconsistencies between the two ways of building are part of the strategy. Combining may cost more, but if you start with two, then three, or maybe leave it at two, it will allow building more credits to buy more. How and when is a part of the game and leaves those decisions to the player.

• i love this, but wether the devs will put it in play??

• Firstly, I personally don't get what it is for???

Is it for a situation where say I have 5 ambulance stations in one place (to accommodate a large number of ambulances In that single IRL station), I use this "complex" to combine them into 1 building which will show a list of all the vehicles in those 5 stations at once?? (EDIT: having read what I put below, it cant' be used to combine 5 ambulance stations, but maybe that should be the use for it)

I have asked members of my alliance for feedback to pass onto you and will post with an update during the weekend but here are some initial comments so far:

1. (as others have said above) the cost is too much, especially if it is 1.5mil to add each building.
    2. The requirement for each building to be fully expanded is ridiculous, as not a single fire station in the world would have 24 appliances attached to it. Since this addition is in part claimed to aid realism, what part of 24veh / station is realistic (yes ik many don't play that realistic but some people do)
    3. the limit of only 2 of each type of station per complex (see attached image from FAQ section) doesn't make sense, if it's intended to combine into these "superhubs"
    4. (question) What is the 10km radius for? why would stations 10km away want to be combined?
    5. (question) once created, do all the vehicles "come out of" the single building complex icon, or where the original station was.

(Edit: I forgot to attach the image I mentioned!)

To go through your points. This was put forward to me as a way to combine multiple buildings that might sit on one site into one allowing for a larger building and with the ability to have it comprise of different services.

1: Apparently this is a flexible cost so could be more if you have more of these. I agree it’s way too much.

2: I personally think it should be a 10 vehicle minimum rather than max extended as stations that size would make more sense for a complex.

3: I was told by the devs this could be implemented for use of tri stations and in the screenshots they have three types. Unfortunately I don’t have enough resources to test this feature.

4: Not sure about the radius as it’s supposed to combine a site rather than a town.

5: Not sure sorry.

I think they should have delayed the release of this until April 1st. Seems like a waste of credits to me. Also seems like something a free plugin such as LSSM could potentially do, which would save me from having to spend 1.5 mil credits on it. My feedback is the same as always: maybe they should add something that we actually suggested.

God bless the forum team btw

If it had more flexibility like what has been suggested I think it would work well, but not in its current state. Like you say you could use a plug in to just combine icons that are close to each other into one.

Putting the cost aside - you could make it free- and I still don't see the point. You can already expand fire stations to have EMS. IRL no American stations will have 40 bays (or more). The only tiny reason to do this is small towns that have 3 fire trucks, and 2 police cruisers in one public safety building. Note SMALL towns. I'm not expanding those two buildings to 40 or even 20 bays to make it into a complex.

A few stations do have 40 vehicles + (I’m not talking bays but just buildings with that many vehicles like some large city police stations or ambulance stations for companies like AMR). In the U.K. we have stations called tri service stations which have some fire vehicles, maybe 1 or 2 ambulances and several police cars as it saves money. I was told this could be used to replicate that however in its current state there is no way.

They are definitely some interesting proposals so thank you for that. This feature, whilst being in the U.K. game only at the moment is likely to be released elsewhere in the future. Like you say the price is crazy at the moment.

Its been up'd to 24 for fire stations in the update

So I didn’t know that was for this update. I had been asking for stations slots to be increased in line with the US game for ages now and assumed that the increase to 24 was the first step along that road. It appears it was just for this which at the time of the slots being upped I didn’t know about.

I think if this gets implemented as currently described not a single player outside maybe the top 5 players will bother to build one because it is way too expensive to be useful. There is no way I would spend 20+ million for this. That is several weeks of income even for most late game players who are active daily. I am honestly baffled that it is even being considered to be developed with these requirements. In the nicest way possible, is the person in charge of gameplay balance familiar in the slightest with how the game is played?

I have over 1000 buildings. I can spawn 759 calls in one go, even I struggle to come up with the money needed for one of these buildings, and the price goes up as well.

With having a large enough account to be within the top 15, I wouldn't even consider building this. My full sized stations cost me 1.8m, 2m after the EMS expansion and some vehicles. Why would I want to pay millions more just to be able to stick police units in it? Lets get back down to reality here when it comes to pricing stuff out and think about what the majority of players could pay.

I agree it’s too expensive.

Ultimately, you could just put all stations in the same spot and achieve the same result without the need to fully expand a station, then pay an addition 1.5 million to "make it a complex".

I honestly don't see the benefit of this at all.

The concept is good, the execution is the problem. Like you say players will just do as they did before by building multiple buildings on the same site which is cheaper.

I think it could work better if: If a station is expanded to level 24, it automatically qualifies to be a complex building (free of charge). If someone doesn't want to fully expand the station but wants a complex, then charge the 1.5 million (maybe reduced to 1 million)? Would also be useful if we could get more than two of a certain building and have a reduced minimum (as some have mentioned)

That’s not a bad idea. A price reduction based on how upgraded the building that’s being combined is.

As players are mentioning its very epensive for little gain.

Why purchase it when you could spend the 1.5 million per building on another station?

If I put 4 stations in a complex building, I could purchase 4 max small fire stations or over 60 ambulance stations.

the cost does not justify the expansion for me sadly.

It’s very cost prohibitive

• reading through the whole list , i really do not understand the why the devs would come up with this idea. paying 1.5 mil just to combine 5 maxed out buildings for no other gain than to have 1 icon versus 5 is totally incomprehensible. if the devs want a "emergency services complex" my proposal -

1. building cost 1 mil - 3 services can use - max out at 30 bays
    2. building cost 1.5 mil - 4 services can use - max bays 40
    3. building cost 2 mil - 5 services can use - max bays 50
    4. and to account for late game usage this feature unlocks at either staff captain or battalion chief ( level 7/8)
    5. if there was some sort of game function or benefit to combining then it might be worth it, but just to combine for an icon definitely is not worth the cost
  • Yes they have reduced the price but the price is still TOO much honestly this is just for the aesthetics I would Never consider paying 5 million just to combined them plus they have to be MAX level which is stupid this update was not good enough they should just REMOVE it and add a police expansion to a fire station .

• its still a money grab attempt and offers nothing for realistic players.

Only way to salvage it is knock the buildings being maxed out back to a more realistic number like 10.

Just now its aimed at players playing unrealistically with several stations next to each other.

Yes there are places where we are seeing multiple services in one spot but these are not typically huge stations for each service.

• Or we could make it so a maxed-out SMALL STATION can be added to it. Cos as I have posted before I have around 9 or 10 maxed out small ambulance stations and I would pay like 200k to combine them. Still however I don't see the point to it as it does not benefit me to merge them.

• I don't understand the reason for a fire station to have 39 bay slots, the largest station I have heard of in the U.S. I believe is in Baltimore Maryland with 20 rigs, I know in LA County the largest we have is 15 or 16 rigs at one station and that's Glendale 21 along with some spare apparatus. LE and EMS services I can see with more bay slots to play realistically. as a former FF I have traveled to many departments in the past all over the USA. I spent 2 weeks going over all my photos and notes from my travels as reference.

• I don't understand the reason for a fire station to have 39 bay slots, the largest station I have heard of in the U.S. I believe is in Baltimore Maryland with 20 rigs, I know in LA County the largest we have is 15 or 16 rigs at one station and that's Glendale 21 along with some spare apparatus. LE and EMS services I can see with more bay slots to play realistically. as a former FF I have traveled to many departments in the past all over the USA. I spent 2 weeks going over all my photos and notes from my travels as reference.

This is exactly it there are no stations really where you are going to have 24 garage slots in UK. Yes you have some service HQs that have over 30 units set to them but then majority are officer cars and not all on duty at same time as they are spread over 4 watches.

I'm just going over a fleet list for Scottish Fire and Rescue, so far not seeing any station that meets the game criteria. So basically if playing realistically you will never meet the criteria.

I am playing as realistically as the game allows, all stations have same units at them as just now given the nature of how calls spawn it totally unrealistic, is it would be highly unlikely you would see the high numbers of major calls in real life but even with this and my current large station setup I only use 16 bays (4 of which are officer cars and may work them onto a watch system)

• This is exactly it there are no stations really where you are going to have 24 garage slots in UK. Yes you have some service HQs that have over 30 units set to them but then majority are officer cars and not all on duty at same time as they are spread over 4 watches.

I'm just going over a fleet list for Scottish Fire and Rescue, so far not seeing any station that meets the game criteria. So basically if playing realistically you will never meet the criteria.

I am playing as realistically as the game allows, all stations have same units at them as just now given the nature of how calls spawn it totally unrealistic, is it would be highly unlikely you would see the high numbers of major calls in real life but even with this and my current large station setup I only use 16 bays (4 of which are officer cars and may work them onto a watch system)

You fail to remember that this game can't be 100% realistic. You can't have "watches" and deal with major incidents left right and center. I have the majority of my LAS stations maxed, and I actually still need more stations because they store a hell of alot of ambulances at their stations.

• I am 100% behind the two proposals. I am seeing ALOT of Public Safety COmplex's that house all three.

• You fail to remember that this game can't be 100% realistic. You can't have "watches" and deal with major incidents left right and center. I have the majority of my LAS stations maxed, and I actually still need more stations because they store a hell of alot of ambulances at their stations.

I accept that it can not be 100% realistic.

However just now this current idea on complex buildings only favours those players that are not attempting any sort of realism what so ever.

For those of us trying to play as realistically as possible within the parameters of the game this building complex is not worth the costs involved as it provides no benefits that realistically help.

For it to be of any use to players it needs to be changed so that the condition of maxed out stations is reduced to stations to level 10 or 15 as that would realistically be more representative of what the majority of players are working too just now.

In theory you could introduce a watch system using response times in the stations but for that to fully work you quadruple the units needed and that is unrealistic but it is what some are doing and they would benefit from this current complex idea the most and are therefore playing unrealistically due to the number of units they have compared to reality as they have tried to create watches.

The complex idea is great in principle but an absolute failure in how it's being implemented. Just now I know not many will be bothering with it unless major changes are made. The reduction in price is just a joke and an attempt to make it look better the additional spaces to are not worth it either. It still works our cheaper and more logical to build a new station than build a building complex.

• I am not sure how this complex works. I will ask some questions if people can reply so that I can understand this better, please.

1. Do you have to max the building to 39?

2. Do they have to be the same type i.e. Police, Fire, EMS or can it be a mix?

3. What is the minimum number of buildings needed?

4. Where do you go to "Build" the complex?

Thank you in advance.

• guys this is legit a waste of development and only able to be used affectively if you are in the top ten of the leader board for the game, i would not pay £250 IRL money for 1000+ coins for 1 building. 1, ARE YOU BEING REAL RIGHT NOW. 2, MONEY GRAB. 3, WHY!!!. just go with one of the proposals above and problem solved. I don't mean to be harsh but about 70% of the player base of the UK branch all agree and now you go and quite literally disappoint the US branch and not change anything. in a week guarantee same results will happen with the US Branch. please just change it to a proposal above or just make it a dedicated building at a fixed price of say 500,000 Credits plus to max 2,000,000 Credits and then just allow it to be upgradeable to have more slots or have expansions but keep the 3 service system (Police, Fire, EMS) as its a good idea. don't ruin the game by making money grabs and adding pointless content that LEGIT NO ONE ASKED FOR. anyway I'm not saying its a bad idea but Its about 14,000,000 Credits way above a decent price for a reasonable player or just make it exclusive till after a passing a rank like staff captain. no joke this update has potential but at the moment its a complete waste of IRL money, Credits, Time, Effort, Development and a waste of an update that quite frankly no one asked for. just own opinion and some things others have spoken out about.

• just curious as to what you mean within your fourth paragraph in saying “you will need quadruple the units”?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!