Combination Police Units

• There should be a combination Sheriff/K9 unit, or the ability for K9 units with Sheriffs training, or Sheriffs units with K9 training, to function in both roles. The county that I live in, the Sheriff's Office is the primary police dept and they have K9's. In the game, one unit can't perform both roles since you can't have a Sheriff Unit K9.

• What on earth do you mean? The K9 goes in the same place it goes in any standard police cruiser. In the kennel in the back. Whether it's a Sheriff or a regular police unit doesn't affect that. The vehicle doesn't change just because it's a sheriff deputy vs a police officer. The only thing that changes is that a K9 vehicle can't transport prisoners.

• In some jurisdictions, yes they do court paperwork (evictions, warrants, notification service, etc). In others, like the one I'm in, they are the entire dept. Standard law enforcement, K9's, court work, everything.

I do not see a problem also the k-9 acts as a patrol car that cant transport. And the standard K-9 is perfectly fine for the job plus the sherrif can transport so where would the dog go? In the back with the prisoner? I dont think so.

• I do not see a problem also the k-9 acts as a patrol car that cant transport. And the standard K-9 is perfectly fine for the job plus the sherrif can transport so where would the dog go? In the back with the prisoner? I dont think so.

Obviously then a Sheriff K9 would not be able to transport. Just like any other K9. I really don't understand what your concern is here. I'm simply saying there should be a Sheriff K9 that does both K9 and Sheriff work. So it really would do the jobs of a regular patrol car, K9, and Sheriff unit. It just can't transport.

• I also live in a county where a sherrifs office has patrol cars and K9s in addition to many other divisions.

Gooochy in my county. The sherrifs department has the townships and 3 cities that they cover in the far southern part. They cover actually a very large area. But they do the exact same thing as patrol officers do down there. They respond to the same calls, traffic stops, and yes sometimes respond county wide m/a with the K9 officer. The sherrifs office does have a dvision that handles the court calls, evictions.... Etc. Obviously everywhere is different.

And volunteer. I do see what you are asking. However I am not sure if they would of not. Originally the sherrifs units were not even designed to be sherrifs. The devs made them and they were looked at as supervisors. When we first got them they couldn't even transport. I mean never say never however. I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.

Not sure about every state but Minnesota. Even state patrol has K9's, Swat Teams, negotiators. And they cover parts or the state as the only law enforcement around. They are contracted.

Hopefully that helps.

• I would disagree with this idea. The sheriff unit as Gooochy said, does the exact things as a normal police car would do. There is no reason to add a sheriff K-9 unit because it is the same as a police K-9 unit. The K-9 unit is not even specific to any jurisdiction or department. You can name it sheriff K-9 no difference. In Santa Clara, we have two comprised jurisdictions, the county and city police. They don't vary which is why making a "sheriff K-9" is very unessasary. If we did this why don't we make a "Sheriff SWAT," or a "Sheriff Motor Officer."

• The only Reason Why I would back it. would be exactly the same as a Quint, Rescue/Engine, or Pumper/Tanker. it can double as both. Otherwise I agree with Winwin, you can just name a K9 Sherriff K9

Not quite like the other units you mentioned. The units you mentioned are only a dual-purpose (Quint being a Pumper and Aerial, Pumper-Tanker being a Pumper and Tanker). This request would make it the first tri-purpose vehicle (acting as a Sheriff, as a K9 unit and as a non-transporting patrol car) as both the Sheriff Unit and K9 unit are dual-purpose.

I would agree with the other on here, I don't see the need for the Sheriff K9.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!