Traffic Cars

• I think that’ll make a lot of people, including myself, very unhappy. We’ve invested a lot of time and credits into an ATC fleet, if we’re now changing the rules so that they cannot transport prisoners, then that’s going to cause some serious issues. For example, I only have ATC, so this will totally break my game.

No police force in the UK is comprised solely of armed traffic cars, so this would not be a problem to anyone.

• I think that’ll make a lot of people, including myself, very unhappy. We’ve invested a lot of time and credits into an ATC fleet, if we’re now changing the rules so that they cannot transport prisoners, then that’s going to cause some serious issues. For example, I only have ATC, so this will totally break my game.

i am sorry ti tell you your police wont work? You need dogs. plus why did you only buy ATCs?

• It’s a problem to me, as I’ve just said, and a problem to other players. So I don’t appreciate you totally ignoring what I’ve said and saying it’s not a problem.

As I've said, no police force in the UK is comprised solely of armed traffic cars. It's of no concern to me how you play the game, but if you want fictional setups and actively work against how the game works, then you kind of have to expect things to not work.

• I also have DSU. My set up, like a lot of players, is ATC and DSU only. If the goal posts are being moved now, then that’s really frustrating.

Yes but as Vic has said this shouldn't have been a feature of that unit so if it needs removing then it will be. As Kein Oreo has said not a single police force has just Armed Traffic Cars for there Roads Police fleet. Yes some may carry tazers but this isn't what is meant by armed.

• I also have DSU. My set up, like a lot of players, is ATC and DSU only. If the goal posts are being moved now, then that’s really frustrating.

It's really not, though? The game is done in a way to be somewhat realistic with the expectation that players will do the same.

You moved the goal posts yourself and are upset that they are being put back where they were.

• As I’ve said, this impacts various players. Which directly contradicts what you said. I’m not actively working against how the game works, so don’t say something so absurd.

No police force in the UK is without police vans. No police force in the UK releases all prisoners after an hour. No force in the UK has multiple CBRNE incidents at the same time.

All our set ups are fictional. if you can’t understand why a change in the existing rules would annoy people then you’re just trolling.

I'm sure it affects a number of people with fictional set ups, but as I have said, the game isn't intended to cater to such extreme imaginations and there is no reason to start now.

Correct, it's a game. A game you can choose how you want to play. But don't get antsy when things are done as they are intended because it doesn't fit you.

As it has been stated, they are not meant to transport.

• The whole point a UK version was made in the first place was to create and realistic game both in terms of missions and units. This is being done as we speak with things like the Medical Update etc. Yes not every UK police forces have 4 CBRNE calls a day but neither is there 5 Building Collapses for Fire but unfortunately this is the way the game works. It generates calls based of the Building you have not the real world. Also would you be happy then if prisoners where in your cells for 4 maybe 48hrs. I'm sure you would get angry if the goal posts where moved for that as I bet you have stations will full cells built. At the end of the day this is a game that the devs are making on behalf of everyone in here and with the help of the content advisors are making it to the way we want it.

• All our set ups are fictional...anyway, you’re just intent on ignoring what I’m saying, so go about your day.

Again, that is your choice lol. The game is intended to be played semi-realistically or semi-fictionally if you wish. If you choose to only use two of the combo units available, huzzah, another choice of yours. But as the game is clearly not being designed for people who want their game like this (otherwise we'd only have one unit that does anything), then you have to accept that it will not be made for your benefit.

I have addressed every one of the points you have made, and you have only ever come back to say that people play fictionally. So yes...I am ignoring what you are saying...I guess?

*Edit* Deleting your posts does nothing to support your point, but a'right

• Our police advisor has confirmed that in the real world, armed response vehicles only transport when absolutely necessary and then only to a place of relative safety as opposed to custody. I'm satisfied that them being able to transport to custody in the game is a bug so have raised this to be fixed.

To cover a couple of points mentioned previously, this game is designed for a significant element of realism however we understand this isn't always possible due to limitations within the game. You have the option to buy traffic cars or IRVs so we're not going to break anyone's setup. If an aerial appliance started doing the job of a hazmat on a scene, this would also be considered a bug to be fixed. It's nothing against anyone or their setup, it's how the game is supposed to be.

• Sorry for reviving this post a little bit here. Indeed this unit seems a little inactive especially early into setting up my emergency services. Wondering at what point traffic police becomes required, or will it always be optional.

Thanks!

• Sorry for reviving this post a little bit here. Indeed this unit seems a little inactive especially early into setting up my emergency services. Wondering at what point traffic police becomes required, or will it always be optional.

Thanks!

If a thread is this old, make a new one and link the older one instead of bumping an old thread. Traffic cars are required for a number of larger missions, which also require a certain number of police, amb and fire stations, or POIs, expansions such as Mass Casualty and the pursuit mission also requires a police helicopter.

• VICFire

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!