New Unit Ideas

• I was thinking for a while and came up with some ideas for new units

Unit NameUnit FunctionsDepartmentSpecial TrainingCostExplanation
    TillerPlatform, Heavy RescueFD
    N/A19,000I don't think any departments use tillers as rescues, but storage wise they could be used with possibly a second piece as such. And even "connecting" two apparatus would be nice regardless (I am aware this is possible via ARR)
    Tiller (Quint)Platform, Heavy Rescue, FiretruckFDN/A28,500I don't think any departments use tillers as rescues, but storage wise they could be used with possibly a second piece as such. I do know that tillers can be used as quints,
    Equipment TruckHeavy Rescue, Mobile AirFDN/A19,000In my area most departments air units are also carry miscellaneous tools (except the one that has a cascade system on their rescue-bodied engine)
    (Rescue) Engine W/ Light BoatFiretruck, Light Boat (, Heavy Rescue)FDSwift Water19,000 (28,500)I know some departments have "banana boats" on engines for water rescue, one nearby dept. has it on their rescue engine (not the above mentioned "engine")
    Public Information OfficerPIOFDPIO10,000This is more for realism, would probably be used on larger calls.
    Urban Search & RescueHeavy Rescue, USARFDN/A19,000This is more specialized than a normal rescue, it would be deployed to any collapses, and can also be sent to major fires.
    Dive TeamDive, Water RescueFD, PDDive19,000This could be used for recoveries, or evidence recovery.
    ChiefPatrol, ChiefPDN/A7,000Used for larger police calls, patrol in the same way as K9 (can't transport).
    InvestigatorPatrol, InvestigatorPD, FD?Investigator7,000At least used for PD, could be needed on fire calls if FD doesn't get its own. Patrol in same way as K9.
    Community Service OfficerCSOPDN/A3,000Can be used to control traffic on fire calls (would need to be added) and can also take some planned appearances. Can't transport or act as a patrol.
    Prisoner TransportPrisoner TransportPDN/A15,000Similar to the Mass Casualty Unit, it can just transport multiple prisoners.
    Riot ControlRiot ControlPDRiot Control15,000Would be needed for riots or non-peaceful protests.

For most of them I used pre-existing costs (19k for most FD's since current double-role apparatus cost that much and using math that would be 28.5k for 3 roles, and PIO's 10k is the same as a Chief; 7k for PD chief/investigator is same as K9. CSO, Riot and Prisoner transport were spitballed). Can't really think of any vehicles for EMS.

Feel free to add to this list, or tell me I'm wrong.

• doubful pio cso or investigator would be added as they really are not for emergency's but more after the fact. also tiller doubtful too - better just to change the pic of a few platform or quint units. USAR has been discussed many times- devs might be working on something , but unknown. dive team - maybe - but for rescues - not really for recoveries

• PIOs are used during the scene, but again, it was more for realism.

Investigators I agree is more after the fact but there are some calls (wildfire cleanups) that are after the fact so that isn't very far fetched.

The tiller I was more going for as multi use apparatus.

Dive teams (at least in my area) are only really called in for recoveries, not usually rescues since if they were on the surface the dive team would be unnecessary.

I just threw these out here for this, discourse.

• Believe it or not. Having vehicles towed is an important part of policing as well. if vehicles are not impounded then evidence that could potential be found is lost. also if the vehicle just sits on the side of the road it can cause traffic issues. if police do not call for a tow with accidents they would just get pushed onto the side of the road and sit there until the owner is able to call for a tow and the likelyhood of that is low if the vehicle is totaled.

• they could also add a medical examiner van and a police version of the investigation units. the M.E. units could be attached to either a morgue add on to the hospitals or as it's own building. and the investigation units would be an addon to the police departments and could be paired with a detective unit. you could call it an investigation division. these could be used either by adding them to existing missions or even better by adding new missions like homicide or multiple homicide.

• they could also add a medical examiner van and a police version of the investigation units. the M.E. units could be attached to either a morgue add on to the hospitals or as it's own building. and the investigation units would be an addon to the police departments and could be paired with a detective unit. you could call it an investigation division. these could be used either by adding them to existing missions or even better by adding new missions like homicide or multiple homicide.

death is something the devs dont want in their game because they want to make it fun to play for most ages

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!